Homebrew [Release] Cthulhu - app for managing play time, step history and cached icon data

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
Get steelhax if Menuhax won't work?

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

Steelhax fails (on my system)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Get steelhax if Menuhax won't work?

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

And is my system after dsiware 11.0 or 10.4?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Steelhax fails (on my system)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And is my system after dsiware 11.0 or 10.4?
It will still say 11.0, but it'll have a 10.4 NATIVE_FIRM (same as 10.4-10.7), so just proceed as if it were an older firmware system.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
- Edit Activity Log: this will allow for editing individual entries on your software library.
Once you implement this, and I manage to clear out System Settings without disturbing any other entries, and you have a Donate button, I will send you $40, cross my heart hope to die :yay:

Reactions: CaptainSodaPop

Lakra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey - just wanted to say you've got a really great tool here! I can see myself using this in the future when you are able to release a version that can edit the play time c:

On that note - would it be possible to add a feature that would back up and then restore the contents of the Activity Tracker? I'm currently switching from O3DS to an N3DS and after many complications, I'm going to have to start 'fresh' with the Activity Tracker again ;o;

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So uh... slight bug I guess. I had ssb4 installed, I needed space so I uninstalled it, and when I ran "update home menu cache" it caused my carts icon to be a black square. The game still works though.
W9cx39O.png

Reactions: Quantumcat

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
My activity log is glitched since I system transfered and counts all my activity as system settings...Can that app fix that?

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So uh... slight bug I guess. I had ssb4 installed, I needed space so I uninstalled it, and when I ran "update home menu cache" it caused my carts icon to be a black square. The game still works though.

Delete the HOME Menu cache and let HOME Menu create a new one for now. I'll look into this.

My activity log is glitched since I system transfered and counts all my activity as system settings...Can that app fix that?

Try using Cthulhu to update the shared icon cache then see if it's fixed.

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Being able to edit your steps would be nice as well, currently there is no homebrew way to do it, just a leaked SDK app from the usual places.
This would actually be pretty useful, I can think of three uses for it.

1. Mario & Luigi Dream Team Bros has an equipment called Hiking Boots, that increases the POW the most steps you have on your home menu pedometer. Having 8312 steps gives it +130 POW for example. No idea what the cap would be.
  2. O-Powers in Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS will recharge quicker if your Pedometer has more steps. 4000+ steps max out the recharge rate at 4x faster than normal.
  3. The latest StreetPass Mii Plaza game Mii Trek/StreetPass Explorers uses your pedometer steps when passing on streetpass data.

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some exams this week and a trip on the weekend, so the next release will take some time.
But here is a build of my latest commit, which adds demo play count reset, software unwrapping/repacking and eshop bgm replacing.
For eshop music replacing, use this tool to convert your .mp3 song to .aac, then put the generated bgm_boss.aac and bgm_xml.xml files into sdmc:/3ds/cachetool.

Please report any bugs here or on github, and I'll try to get them repaired once I come back. Thanks!
Thank you so much!

Sent from my Browser on a New 3DS XL with A9LH

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon