Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ohh, I can see cryptofix on CIAngel pretty soon :D
I took a look at the code in FBI, and sadly it's not working (In either FBI or CIAngel). Not sure what's wrong, seems to be that the app doesn't have permission to actually write SeedDB entries.

I'll be keeping my eye on FBI to see if it resolves the issue though :)

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took a look at the code in FBI, and sadly it's not working (In either FBI or CIAngel). Not sure what's wrong, seems to be that the app doesn't have permission to actually write SeedDB entries.

I'll be keeping my eye on FBI to see if it resolves the issue though :)
Yeah. I knew it didn't work when I said something about that. But, I wanted you to be aware of it .

GeorgeAnton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i've seen this requested often so i thought i'd point it out:

if you check out CTRXplorer, you'll see that any file with a name that's too long scrolls to the end when highlighted, maybe it'd be possible to use the code that d0k3 wrote for that to get a similar effect?

Mariosl10

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok here we go, something cool!

CIAngel is a homebrew program that downloads content from Nintendo's servers.
It can make a GOOD cia that will be able to be redownloaded, it will not interfere with eshop... etc.
You can install directly to your device, or create a cia on the sd card to install later.
You can install a ticket, which lets you redownoad the game via eshop. (This only works for games that are in your eshop = in your region)

This not not just my work, I have done a small part! @Drakia has done a lot of work and made this project really cool!
Plus other contributions from members too, thank you!

Thanks to @machinamentum for FirmwareDownloader because without that, CIAngel would not exist, it was heavily based on that work!Thanks for 3dsguy and the other people who worked on make_cdn_cia, and @Friendsxix for helping me make good tickets long ago!

https://github.com/llakssz/CIAngel
https://github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/releases/latest

Thanks Drakia for the QR code!
CIAngel.php
Do cia's from cia angel count as legit cia's?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just came to say this CIAngel app is great. Downloaded a japanese update that i have been wanting for a while and it works fine. Might try it with an actual game sometime. Thank you for this.

Last edited by cvskid,
Reactions: Drakia

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, so it's a long weekend up here in Canadia, which means I actually had some time to get a few things done on CIAngel :D

CIAngel 0.77
  • Properly clean up temporary files
  • Only show games with an encrypted titlekey
  • Save config between runs (Install mode and Region filter)
  • Only show 49 characters when entering search query, scroll if past 49 characters
  • Show game info on bottom screen when browsing search results (Name, region, serial, titleid, and type)
  • Show download status on bottom screen during download (Current/total size, progress bar, avg download speed)
  • Allow searching by game serial for non-english titles. Game serial can be found at http://www.3dsdb.com/ (The last 4 characters in the Serial column)
  • Allow cancelling a download by holding the B button
Latest release is available here as always: https://github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/releases
You can use this QR code for scanning/installing in FBI:
CIAngel.php

I've done a lot of testing on this build, but of course issues can creep up. If you run into any problems, GitHub is the best way to report an issue (https://github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/issues), but if you don't have a GitHub account, feel free to post here :)

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just installed the 0.77 release, got Pokemon Yellow, and got an infinite loading screen. It just shows Nintendo3DS.
Firmware is 11.0.0-33U rxTools emunand.
The game has an extra layer of encryption, and you get the key just by visiting the eShop page. If it's an out of region game, you will need to get your hands on a seeddb.bin file that contains the key for that game, and decrypt the CIA with Decrypt9 before install.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the quick reply. I also forgot to ask, is it necessary to have a NNID? I deleted mine a few months ago.
It helps when you need to get the 9.x seed for a game (Since you can get one fastest by visiting the eShop page for that game). But you can always just use the seeddb method as mentioned.

GeorgeAnton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Drakia, not sure if this is reproducible but I just crashed doing the following:
1. Set mode to install cia
2. Set region to EUR
2. Start download of binding of isaac
3. Cancel download when just starting (0.00/330) by holding B
4. Change mode to create cia
5. Start downloading binding of Isaac again

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Last edited by GeorgeAnton,
Reactions: Drakia

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Drakia, not sure if this is reproducible but I just crashed doing the following:
1. Set mode to install cia
2. Set region to EUR
2. Start download of binding of isaac
3. Cancel download when just starting (0.00/330) by holding B
4. Change mode to create cia
5. Start downloading binding of Isaac again

Can reproduce, I'll look into it when I have some time.

Is using the eshop safe with this? like if i download a cia i wont get banned from the eshop?
We can't offer that guarantee. So far, nobody has been banned for using the ticket installer and downloading from the eShop directly. But the safest method is using CIAngel to directly install the game instead of just the ticket.

YoshiFan501

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can reproduce, I'll look into it when I have some time.

We can't offer that guarantee. So far, nobody has been banned for using the ticket installer and downloading from the eShop directly. But the safest method is using CIAngel to directly install the game instead of just the ticket.

ok. also is there a way to delete the ticket? like if you go into the eshop you have to buy it instead of it being redownload? for sake of keeping the account intact

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cool, did you want me to open an issue on github?

Just did :) Wasn't sure if you had a GitHub account.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok. also is there a way to delete the ticket? like if you go into the eshop you have to buy it instead of it being redownload? for sake of keeping the account intact
You can delete tickets with FBI's Tickets menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ohhh can we use AI to crack passwords faster?