Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I'm running into this as well. It looks like there's no check done on a memory allocation that could be failing (Is failing in my case). Going to open a bug for this.
sure, i wouldn't imagine this would work for all content.
what is the title id/what size are the content files you are trying to download?

half-turok

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can you make a tutorial for noobs like me?

I interested about this, because time ago I brought the mii plaza games, but every time I enter in e-shop they are delete, my idea is make a good cia for those games

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Would it be possible to add a little status bar to show how much you've downloaded? Hard to tell whether or not it's actually downloading something.

Curious, can you close the 3DS while things download?

Last edited by Kourin,

mysamdog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to add a little status bar to show how much you've downloaded? Hard to tell whether or not it's actually downloading something.

Curious, can you close the 3DS while things download?

I'll look in to adding a status bar, but I'm currently working on encTitleKey.bin processing so it might be a little bit. As for the closing the 3ds, I don't believe CIAngel prevents the 3ds from sleeping, so I'm pretty sure it has to remain open.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'll look in to adding a status bar, but I'm currently working on encTitleKey.bin processing so it might be a little bit. As for the closing the 3ds, I don't believe CIAngel prevents the 3ds from sleeping, so I'm pretty sure it has to remain open.
Ah, thanks. Good luck with what you're working on.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
ooh i was going to add this, have you started? the enctitlekeys parsing i mean

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How would I find this?
on my gihub in the op or my signature. oh, the keys, dump yourself or find online, google 3ds encrytped key, stuff should appear i hope

Last edited by cearp,
Reactions: FrozenDragon150

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I have a (very) little bit of work done, but if you want to do it I could take a look at doing the progress bar.
sure as long as you really only did a little, it's not too much of a waste :) i started already, i did this in python yesterday so hopefully it should be similar... lol
progress bar seems a trickier task, i want to see how you do it :D

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
I have not run ciangel yet but I thought I would ask anyway. Does ciangel have the option to convert .3ds to .cia directly on the 3ds or would I still need to use simple cia?

Edit: I just tested the latest version and no this is not going to work for me, especially if it can't detect .3ds and convert it to .cia.

Last edited by jimmyleen,

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I have not run ciangel yet but I thought I would ask anyway. Does ciangel have the option to convert .3ds to .cia directly on the 3ds or would I still need to use simple cia?
Edit: I just tested the latest version and no this is not going to work for me, especially if it can't detect .3ds and convert it to .cia.
CIAngel downloads from eshop. very different to converting 3ds roms, sorry.

(it would be great if someone added cia conversion into uncart!)

Shirako

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested it out, and it works; Would really help though if there was a progress bar of some sort. Also, the tmp folder takes space, do I have to delete that manually?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Tested it out, and it works; Would really help though if there was a progress bar of some sort. Also, the tmp folder takes space, do I have to delete that manually?
sure at the moment, tmp folder is easy to be removed at the end, it will come soon :)
someone just told me they are going to try making the progress bar, nice right!

Reactions: Cha0s Em3rald

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30