Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

ReBirFh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just wanted to say thanks to the devs, works flawlessly. I had tried freeshop before but it crashed while loading the list.

Pandash99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can always import them unless they're eShop only games. Also you could look for them on iso/chaos or other similar sites if you're into that.
Well i just used up my money to order a DIFFERENT super robot wars game for ps3 so importing them isn't really an option at the moment, guess i just have to do it the hard way and use FBI, it's always a pain to unscrew the backplate

K

KingpinSlim

Hey @cearp Absolutely love CIAngel.
Do you think you could, possibly, include a feature to list the newest additions to the .json?
Anyway, love CIAngel. If someone asks me to help him/her mod a 3DS, i always include CIAngel.
It might not have a fancy GUI, but it is by far the most stable solution out there.
Amazing work!

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Hey @cearp Absolutely love CIAngel.
Do you think you could, possibly, include a feature to list the newest additions to the .json?
Anyway, love CIAngel. If someone asks me to help him/her mod a 3DS, i always include CIAngel.
It might not have a fancy GUI, but it is by far the most stable solution out there.
Amazing work!
it's not just my work but thank you :)

the 3ds title key site does have an rss feed of the 50(?) latest additions (add /rss to the end of the website), but the data isn't in the json and we would need to get the json, get the rss, and then sure, there could be a separate menu item with the titles from the rss.
it's very possible to add this :) but i personally haven't opened the source code for months and months.

if someone doesn't do it before me, i might do it when i have some free time, but not in the immediate future :)

K

KingpinSlim

it's not just my work but thank you :)

the 3ds title key site does have an rss feed of the 50(?) latest additions (add /rss to the end of the website), but the data isn't in the json and we would need to get the json, get the rss, and then sure, there could be a separate menu item with the titles from the rss.
it's very possible to add this :) but i personally haven't opened the source code for months and months.

if someone doesn't do it before me, i might do it when i have some free time, but not in the immediate future :)
CIAngel is fine the way it is, honestly.
Very stable. Had quite a few problems with Freeshop crashing, never with CIAngel.
I just use it frequently and this would have been a feature i know i would enjoy.
Maybe not necessary, but "nice to have", you know?

Reactions: cearp

easycrashing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure if this is the right place to ask, i want to make a cia of the 1.3 update for super mario maker because its not available through this. (title updates page only has 1.1 update) unless I missed something.

i have the game installed on my 3ds with the update, how do i go about making a cia of it?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
not sure if this is the right place to ask, i want to make a cia of the 1.3 update for super mario maker because its not available through this. (title updates page only has 1.1 update) unless I missed something.

i have the game installed on my 3ds with the update, how do i go about making a cia of it?
Decrypt9 will probably do the job. There's an option to dump installed content as cias.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
yes you missed something (unless i missed something, i never played this game!)
when you get an update, the update is always the latest version and nothing needs to be changed with regards to keys/CIAngel.
if nintendo release a new update for pokemon x tomorrow, easy, because the title id is the same as the previous updates, and the encryption key is the same too.
we just get the latest update each time, without worrying about the version number.
so just get the update for your game, it will always be the latest one.

anyway, from reading your post, it seems you weren't having any problems, you just want to make a cia :)
so, just go to CIAngel, make sure 'cia creation' is on, and not 'install', search for super mario maker, find the update in the results, and click A :)

Decrypt9 will probably do the job. There's an option to dump installed content as cias.
yes but don't recommend this unless it is absolutely necessary (like dumping carts etc) because the output cia will not be eshop compatible. (the key in the ticket in the cia is wrong)
this isn't a big problem really but with updates it is because, it means you won't be able to get updates from eshop because the key your system has is wrong.
you would have to use fbi or something, to delete your existing (bad) ticket if you ever wanted to get the future updates of the game from eshop.

Last edited by cearp,

easycrashing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes you missed something (unless i missed something, i never played this game!)
when you get an update, the update is always the latest version and nothing needs to be changed with regards to keys/CIAngel.
if nintendo release a new update for pokemon x tomorrow, easy, because the title id is the same as the previous updates, and the encryption key is the same too.
we just get the latest update each time, without worrying about the version number.
so just get the update for your game, it will always be the latest one.

anyway, from reading your post, it seems you weren't having any problems, you just want to make a cia :)
so, just go to CIAngel, make sure 'cia creation' is on, and not 'install', search for super mario maker, find the update in the results, and click A :)

thank you, you are correct. I downloaded the update directly through eshop but wanted to make a CIA of it for backup purposes.

You were correct, whoever added it into the database just labelled it as 1.1 when the first update came out, I didn't know they only kept the latest update. This worked great, thank you cearp.

When I used to download ps3 updates Sony used to keep 2 or 3 previous versions uploaded.

quantumcat: also thank you for the info on decrypt9, will keep in mind if I find anything i can't do through this.

Last edited by easycrashing, , Reason: thank quantumcat

milkybar1983

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think wings.json is downloading for me, when I FTP in I only see config.json and wings.json.tmp (0kb)

arm9loaderhax / luma on old3ds xl

any ideas?

easycrashing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think wings.json is downloading for me, when I FTP in I only see config.json and wings.json.tmp (0kb)

arm9loaderhax / luma on old3ds xl

any ideas?

I had the same problem on one of my internet connections. one it worked on and one it didn't, wasn't sure if ports or something was blocking the download, didn't mess with it too much since the other one worked.

milkybar1983

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same problem on one of my internet connections. one it worked on and one it didn't, wasn't sure if ports or something was blocking the download, didn't mess with it too much since the other one worked.

Just tried a different access point (4G tethered through my phone) and same thing :(

When trying to manually download the file from the menu the screen just quickly flashes

easycrashing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure of the legality of me sharing it on here or I would pm you a link.

I had the same issue with my first internet connection, it wouldn't make a connection and go back to original screen.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have the same error but
i found this url on source code and there are no DNS entry found,
Do NOT post that link on the forums, it is against the rules

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As for why the JSON file isn't updating,t he domain that hosts the keys expires today, which means it's slowly leaving DNS caches. Hopefully the guy who runs it renews the domain soon and gets things back up and running. This is beyond our control.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol