Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

zazazas

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
After using tiksweep on a different sd card, some games have disappeared from my homescreen and show grey crosses in software management. I used shameless thinking it would reinstall the ticket but it tried to install the whole game again. After deleting the failed download in fbi I tried using ciangel to get the game back but it couldn't install the cia. Seems like using ciangel to install the ticket works to solve this but are there any side effects?

Last edited by zazazas,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After using tiksweep on a different sd card, some games have disappeared from my homescreen and show grey crosses in software management. I used shameless thinking it would reinstall the ticket but it tried to install the whole game again. After deleting the failed download in fbi I tried using ciangel to get the game back but it couldn't install the cia. Seems like using ciangel to install the ticket works to solve this but are there any side effects?
A ticket is a ticket, no idea why installing the CIA would fail though.

xscaralienx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I installed on my n3ds and when I try to download wings.json It seems to fail?
The process goes as if it got download but I always have the "download wings.json" option and I'm not able to change to "Intall mode"

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I installed on my n3ds and when I try to download wings.json It seems to fail?
The process goes as if it got download but I always have the "download wings.json" option and I'm not able to change to "Intall mode"
Are you running CFW? If not, http://3ds.guide CIA Install Mode is only available with CFW installed.
The download wings.json option is always available for manual updating.

xscaralienx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are you running CFW? If not, http://3ds.guide CIA Install Mode is only available with CFW installed.
The download wings.json option is always available for manual updating.

sorry, yes I am running 11.2 CFW.
I was able to find games so I guess wings did install. Still no way to change to install mode, unless ciangel only gets the option if there's a cia to install in the sd?

Last edited by xscaralienx,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry, yes I am running 11.2 CFW.
I was able to find games so I guess wings did install. Still no way to change to install mode, unless ciangel only gets the option if there's a cia to install in the sd?
No, install mode is used to download directly to an installed state. It's only available when running the CIA version of CIAngel, not when running the .3dsx version. So make sure you're running the installed version.

xscaralienx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No, install mode is used to download directly to an installed state. It's only available when running the CIA version of CIAngel, not when running the .3dsx version. So make sure you're running the installed version.

I installed ciangel with fbi scanning the qr code in the github. That's the cia, right?

xshion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Im getting an error with it
  • Error finishing CIA install.
  • Could not install the CIA.
  • Press A to continue.
It doesnt happens to all titles but a couple, since I cant access my eShop anymore and dont feel like re-purchasing my titles with a new NNID I though CIAngel would help. Im running Luma's latest stable version, my system is up to date and I have at least triple the size of the game as free space on my SD.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im getting an error with it
  • Error finishing CIA install.
  • Could not install the CIA.
  • Press A to continue.
It doesnt happens to all titles but a couple, since I cant access my eShop anymore and dont feel like re-purchasing my titles with a new NNID I though CIAngel would help. Im running Luma's latest stable version, my system is up to date and I have at least triple the size of the game as free space on my SD.
Without some indication of what games are giving the error there is nothing anyone can do to help you.

Hush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is a stupid question, but can I go online with the games I download from CIAngel? I'm guessing I can't, considering it probably has a public header because it was originally a CIA file but I'm a noob to all of this hacking stuff, so I don't know. Any help is appreciated.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know this is a stupid question, but can I go online with the games I download from CIAngel? I'm guessing I can't, considering it probably has a public header because it was originally a CIA file but I'm a noob to all of this hacking stuff, so I don't know. Any help is appreciated.
cias use console headers.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Again, I'm a noob, so I don't fully understand what that means.
that means that they do not have a public header. cias use console specific headers. you can not get banned.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Again, I'm a noob, so I don't fully understand what that means.
anyways use freeshop. ciangel is outdated.

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Hush I don't think there is such things as headers in this case.
If you are playing games out of your range, ban depends of the editor's/maker's politic, wether your game has a header or not.

Last edited by AyanamiRei,

Hush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah,
that means that they do not have a public header. cias use console specific headers. you can not get banned.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

anyways use freeshop. ciangel is outdated.
I see. And I would use freeshop but it got taken down before my my ds got modded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    WPiso @ WPiso: m