Homebrew [Release] CHMM2 - Custom Home Menu Manager 2

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
How do you add many themes at once? I mean the files on the sd can be only one, i have to replace because the file name are the same.
Put them in folders. Eg:
Themes/cooltheme/body_LZ.bin
Themes/cooltheme/bgm.bcstm
Themes/shinymew/body_LZ.bin
Themes/rainbows/body_LZ.bin

Reactions: RaMon90

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you add many themes at once? I mean the files on the sd can be only one, i have to replace because the file name are the same.
It goes like this.
  • SD:\Themes\Theme name\body_LZ.bin
  • SD:\Themes\Theme name\Preview.png or .jpg or .bmp
  • SD:\Themes\Theme name\bgm.bcstm
Replace "Theme name" with anything.

To enable theme shuffling, first set two basic themes at the Home Menu. Then press X at CHMM2.

Reactions: RaMon90

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I was working on some neat ideas for next release until i saw how much broken networking is on ninjhax.
Cause these feature will work only on CIA/3DS builds, i decided to not add them until networking will be fixxed on NH.
(These two features i was referring to are a Theme Receiver to send your themes from PC and a Theme Downloader for 3Dsthemes.com themes).

Waiting for @exelix11 YATA+ update to know if BGMs are fixxed for shuffle system and then next release is ready.

Reactions: ihaveahax

ketal

aiueo
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was working on some neat ideas for next release until i saw how much broken networking is on ninjhax.
Cause these feature will work only on CIA/3DS builds, i decided to not add them until networking will be fixxed on NH.
(These two features i was referring to are a Theme Receiver to send your themes from PC and a Theme Downloader for 3Dsthemes.com themes).

Waiting for @exelix11 YATA+ update to know if BGMs are fixxed for shuffle system and then next release is ready.
sorry, wrong thread

exelix11

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

I won't "fix" this, i can't force YATA+ to disable the bgm if it wasn't able to find a bgm in the theme folder,it would be inconvenient, it will only show a warning, also i was waiting for you to add the Theme Receiver in CHMM2 to update YATA+. For now i'm doing some experiments with cwavs, so you'll have to wait ;)

neofranky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm having an odd problem. Sometimes when I install my themes on shuffle, I use 4, after a while, after a couple shuffles they return to the blank theme and they just uninstall themselves, needing me to go back and install them. Other times when I install them back no theme appears on the reboot and I just begin without a theme. I've tried the thing where you set several default themes on shuffle before opening CHMM2. I use Tubehax if that's important.
I'm on the process of testing with less themes and each theme individually.

these are the themes that I use
https://3dsthemes.com/search/Sort:User neofranky
all 4 of them.

EDIT: WHOOPs, nevermind, I just didn't have a proper body_LZ.bin on one of the folders. My bad.

Last edited by neofranky,

Mauste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What is the maximum amount of themes you can have in the shuffle feature? I know there are 10 slots, but I get "Error: Not enough memory" if I fill them all.

Sometimes I also get an "Error: [string "?"]:266: cannot access extdata archive" when I try to add several themes to the shuffle feature (so far the most I have been able to add has been 5 themes). I just deleted the extdata directory and let the 3DS reinstall it, so everything in it should be "fresh".

Last edited by Mauste,

BF_iamresh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did find something odd when shuffling themes after installing. everything works fine, but when shuffling through themes and ds is closed, if the theme chosen has a sfx when the 3ds is opened, then after that sfx, the music will become the zelda link between worlds nintendo theme music (at least for me. im assuming it will choose the first nintendo theme music downloaded for anyone else)

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if a theme doesn't work could i just use a backup of my extdata to revert to a previous state much like on a computer?
If the Home Menu no longer works, then you'd want to delete some things from extdata using a computer. Or, if you created a backup beforehand, you could try using that backup. Usually what happens is the Home Menu just reverts to no theme though.

RandomMan25XX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already done it before but it was a hassle for me to put all my games back into their folders, i guess i'd have to try it, you have the same pic as ihaveahax on discord, are you the same person?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already done it before but it was a hassle for me to put all my games back into their folders, i guess i'd have to try it, you have the same pic as ihaveahax on discord, are you the same person?
Yes, I'm the same person. Also, use "HOME Menu Layouts", it will save you so much time.

ChicagoMel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That stuff at the Gethub link..what is all of that? I still can't make sense of any of it. Where's the actual CHMM2 file even? I don't see it anywhere. There's a 3dsx file that might be it, but the other file that's usually needed isn't there.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ChicagoMel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how would I use it? I'm not familiar with it.

edit: I did get things working, although I wish I could shuffle more themes safely. There's one more Charizard theme that would be cool, but I already have 7 themes running.

Last edited by ChicagoMel,

ZacharyAlkaff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3ds got FUCKING brick I didn't know that was possible. Tried to use the new shuffle feature. What should I do now

Attachments

• IMG_20150926_201232.jpg
    IMG_20150926_201232.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 294

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.