• Views 7,190,947
  • Replies 21,662
  • Likes 283

xZabuzax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Now damn, Zelda: Breath of the Wild was released a couple of days ago and that massive game already goes in-game in Cemu, that's impressive.

As much as I wanted this project to go open source I prefer it to stay closed source, the Patreons supporters are definitely boosting up the development speed on this emu. Being open source does not necessarily mean that the development speed will sky rocket, just look at Decaf (another Wii U emulator), that one is open source and is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Molhel

Westworld Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now damn, Zelda: Breath of the Wild was released a couple of days ago and that massive game already goes in-game in Cemu, that's impressive.

As much as I wanted this project to go open source I prefer it to stay closed source, the Patreons supporters are definitely boosting up the development speed on this emu. Being open source does not necessarily mean that the development speed will sky rocket, just look at Decaf (another Wii U emulator), that one is open source and is not going anywhere anytime soon.

In game and soon, without audio problems! :D

And yea, as much as I love open source projects, I have to agree. Keeping it closed and supported with funds is what gives them the money and time to put all their efforts into the project. I just wish I could spend more on them, they really deserve it.

Reactions: AceofZeroz

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
That error appears when Visual C++ 2012 isn't installed right or is broken. Try repairing or reinstalling the software (this requires uninstalling it and rebooting first) and see if it'll boot.

I tried unistalling, restart running with and without Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4
installed and on versions below v1.5.6b it either crashes on KERNELBASE.dll or MSVCR110.dll, don't know what i'm doing wrong at all
they've worked in the past also sometimes they instantly crash cemu instantly before even running a game, then I open up another cemu version close and go back to the past cemu version that crashed and cemu opens fine again.
v1.5.6b and above don't even need Visual C++ 2012 installed to run.

xZabuzax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried unistalling, restart running with and without Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4
installed and on versions below v1.5.6b it either crashes on KERNELBASE.dll or MSVCR110.dll, don't know what i'm doing wrong at all
they've worked in the past also sometimes they instantly crash cemu instantly before even running a game, then I open up another cemu version close and go back to the past cemu version that crashed and cemu opens fine again.
v1.5.6b and above don't even need Visual C++ 2012 installed to run.

Try using these .DLL that I have inside my Cemu folder, they work with no issue for me, or just use the one that is giving you problems:
https://mega.nz/#!EAInWITJ!yNu_CdwWGVkwIWSxC1i6LsKG-K3e-FYlaci3BUCcZOA

If those .DLL does not fix the issue then I don't know what is causing it.

Molhel

Westworld Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the .dll you gave do not work, the software I mentioned is broken or something far more serious has happened to his system files or something.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I just reinstalled the Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4, five times without a restart and now cemu version below v1.5.6b are working :wtf: v1.5.5c still refuses to work though.
I narrowed down the Shovel Knight bug though it either happened in v1.5.5c or v1.5.6b, v1.5.4 has no graphic issuse.

v1.5.4.jpg
v1.5.6b.jpg

xZabuzax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I just reinstalled the Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4, five times without a restart and now cemu version below v1.5.6b are working :wtf: v1.5.5c still refuses to work though.
I narrowed down the Shovel Knight bug though it either happened in v1.5.5c or v1.5.6b, v1.5.4 has no graphic issuse.

Glad to know you were able to resolve the issue. This Shovel Knight bug is weird though, is true that this bug happened on v1.5.5 and up but for some reason likea24 (an user of this forum) is not affected by the bug:
1GdNIkT.jpg

He's using the latest Cemu version and everything is running fine and dandy for him. Don't know if anyone else is not affected by the bug as well.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not fixed it's still randomly crashing on v1.5.4 and below on that MSVCR110.dll,
Cemu is super temperamental about it for some reason.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Cemu.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 57990f69
Fault Module Name: MSVCR110.dll
Fault Module Version: 11.0.51106.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 5098826e
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000003c950
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 18a3
Additional Information 2: 18a3c8b5dab40a2b51f715c726c1b764
Additional Information 3: 1689
Additional Information 4: 16898f0529030bdc2ab312a64cfad3cb

Last edited by ned,

xZabuzax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If the .dll I provided does not work then I don't know what is causing the crash in your system. Cemu never crashed for me and I've been using this emulator for a long time now.

xZabuzax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Perhaps he is using a specific driver for his card that "fixes" it for him?
No idea, would be nice if likea24 post a screenshot from the beginning of Shovel Knight just to make sure the bug is not present, the picture and video he posted is not from the beginning so maybe it got fixed later on?

Reactions: Molhel

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
No idea, would be nice if likea24 post a screenshot from the beginning of Shovel Knight just to make sure the bug is not present, the picture and video he posted is not from the beginning so maybe it got fixed later on?

Well it's evident he's using Win7 at least.

MattGTX

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Glad to know you were able to resolve the issue. This Shovel Knight bug is weird though, is true that this bug happened on v1.5.5 and up but for some reason likea24 (an user of this forum) is not affected by the bug:
1GdNIkT.jpg

He's using the latest Cemu version and everything is running fine and dandy for him. Don't know if anyone else is not affected by the bug as well.
Well, that can be any things Making that Bug, Maybe Different Software or Hardware. Since Cemu is very Temperamental. What version is likea24 using (Cemu)

Last edited by MattGTX,

TheOtto185

Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
Hello. I have a problem with running games, when running any game I have to crash the emulator and close, tried on different versions and all the same. What could be wrong and how to solve this problem?

xZabuzax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well it's evident he's using Win7 at least.

I'm also using Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) [Service Pack 1]. I'm starting to think the bug got fixed later on. He needs to post a picture or a video from the beginning of the game just to make sure he doesn't have the bug.

Well, that can be any things Making that Bug, Maybe Different Software or Hardware. Since Cemu is very Temperamental. What version is likea24 using (Cemu)

He's using the latest version, Cemu v1.7.2c.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4