• Views 7,204,584
  • Replies 21,664
  • Likes 284

Lightpost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why disbelief? It's pretty obvious why from your description.

Ah, was it the cache or the settings.bin?
I deleted those like a zombie aimlessly walking around out of disappointment. Lol!

I'm a little confused though since I placed each version in its own folder to avoid it using the stuff older revisions use.
Does that mean that the settings.bin and/or shaderCache that come with newer versions really aren't blank slates and that I should always delete those first before loading up a game?

Last edited by Lightpost,

IIYAMA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Next day, I decided to try Mario Kart 8, which barely reaches 30 FPS on 1.5.2 so I expected it to only look good on 1.5.3 with the FPS drastically decreased.
30FPS for that kind of specs ? You must be kidding . Even with recording software , I can easily get 42-57FPS in Cemu 1.5.3 ! Without recording software , 45-60FPS (sometime slowdown to 45FPS)

Since your CPU can turbo up to 3.9GHz , you should go to bios and set multiplier/CPU ratio = 39 . While you're at it , set your windows power plan = high performance (via Control Panel - All item - Power option)

Reactions: Lightpost

Lightpost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unofficial cemu version?

Nope. I didn't even know that there are unofficial versions! I guess I don't really know a lot about what "closed source" means.
Anyway, I won't bother with those. I'll stick to what Exzap offers!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

30FPS for that kind of specs ? You must be kidding . Even with recording software , I can easily get 42-57FPS in Cemu 1.5.3 ! Without recording software , 45-60FPS (sometime slowdown to 45FPS)

Since your CPU can turbo up to 3.9GHz , you should go to bios and set multiplier/CPU ratio = 39 . While you're at it , set your windows power plan = high performance (via Control Panel - All item - Power option)

Wow! Thanks for sharing those stuff.
I'm not kidding! I'm actually a noob - I had no clue about those things you mentioned about this PC I'm using (it's my big brother's).
Having said that, I never really had the guts to tweak those stuff (Overclocking, etc.) because the first thing that comes to my mind is "Hold on, it's gonna shorten the equipments lifespan!!!"
If we finally get our hands on a Cemu version that ups the resolution, then I'd probably try tinkering with those bios stuff.

And it sure was weird that MK8 refused to go beyond 40 FPS on 1.5.2, or maybe I just didn't have the patience back then to get beyond the warm up period by playing it a lot longer.

Anyway, I can't wait for someone to tease more about 1.5.4. I saw a Chinese forum talking about it but got tired taking care of the things Google Translate missed.

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, was it the cache or the settings.bin?
I deleted those like a zombie aimlessly walking around out of disappointment. Lol!

I'm a little confused though since I placed each version in its own folder to avoid it using the stuff older revisions use.
Does that mean that the settings.bin and/or shaderCache that come with newer versions really aren't blank slates and that I should always delete those first before loading up a game?

It was the cache. You need to wipe it after each new release, and after you did, it then just needed to rebuild. Once it's done, subsequent plays should be much smoother.

I'm not kidding! I'm actually a noob - I had no clue about those things you mentioned about this PC I'm using (it's my big brother's).
Having said that, I never really had the guts to tweak those stuff (Overclocking, etc.) because the first thing that comes to my mind is "Hold on, it's gonna shorten the equipments lifespan!!!"

If you don't know what you're doing, do not overclock, especially to extreme amounts. Otherwise a fried PC will quickly result.

Lightpost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It was the cache. You need to wipe it after each new release, and after you did, it then just needed to rebuild. Once it's done, subsequent plays should be much smoother.

Ah, so even though 1.5.3 is using a new/separate shaderCache folder, the system is still somehow/somewhat uses or is linked to the last shaderCache, and putting newer versions in different folders doesn't completely make a difference.

If you don't know what you're doing, do not overclock, especially to extreme amounts. Otherwise a fried PC will quickly result.

I've actually looked up enough online to become familiar with the limitations I need to know. I guess I'm just too wimpy to try it out. Even if I were to have an expert OC it for me, I'd probably back away once he boots it up in fear that it might explode! LOL!

One last thing, I vaguely remember my big bro telling me that this PC automatically OCs itself when it needs to so I guess I'm good there - but I'm not sure. Haha!

It's fine by me with the PC as is anyway. I have a positive feeling that Cemu will eventually progress enough that OCing will no longer be required for this PC to smoothly run the games I have!

IIYAMA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did I say anything about overclocking ? Your CPU is not unlocked chip , i5 6600 is not overclockable , only i5 6600k and i7 6700k are overclockable
I said your CPU has turbo boost function that can go up to 3.9GHz
http://ark.intel.com/products/88188/Intel-Core-i5-6600-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz
You can use Intel XTU to adjust your CPU speed to maximum , you can also do that via bios . It's 100% safe since it's not overclocking and you can't access CPU voltage either
I'm using a mobile CPU . With Intel XTU , it can go up all the way to 3.4-3.6GHz
j70vnlc5yuu99f66g.jpg
Edit : For Laptop user , don't do it unless your cooling unit is good enough . In most case , mobile CPU will throttle to reduce heat and power consumption . By doing this , you will unleash full power and temp will rise higher than normal .

Last edited by IIYAMA,

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, so even though 1.5.3 is using a new/separate shaderCache folder, the system is still somehow/somewhat uses or is linked to the last shaderCache, and putting newer versions in different folders doesn't completely make a difference.

I didn't see the part about different folders. In that instance, the existing cache folder is usually empty so it just has to build it initially...

Lightpost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They take cemu and edit it claiming they "Fixed" games,but tbh I have no idea what has been done to those cemu.exe's

Ah, so that's what you're talking about.

Nope, never heard of it.

Knowing that Cemu is closed source, unofficial builds never crossed my mind.
If I understood the term "closed source" correctly, common sense should automatically make people suspicious of other builds and that searching for one online that isn't made by Exzap = stupidity.

The fact that Exzap does an incredible job in improving Cemu should already be enough for most people to stick with his releases.
I use geniune Cemu 1.5.3! :-D

Did I say anything about overclocking ? Your CPU is not unlocked chip , i5 6600 is not overclockable , only i5 6600k and i7 6700k are overclockable
I said your CPU has turbo boost function that can go up to 3.9GHz
http://ark.intel.com/products/88188/Intel-Core-i5-6600-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz
You can use Intel XTU to adjust your CPU speed to maximum , you can also do that via bios . It's 100% safe since it's not overclocking and you can't access CPU voltage either
I'm using a mobile CPU . With Intel XTU , it can go up all the way to 3.4-3.6GHz

Thanks for the clarification! I thought that turbo boost was just another way to say "overlock". Lol!

I now remember my big bro mentioning about the turbo boost function (which of course, as a noob, thought was the same as overclocking) and that the PC automatically boosts itself when needed. It has an MSI H110M GAMING (MS-7994) motherboard which I recall came with utilities that my bro tweaked for max performance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY