• Replies 21,664
  • Likes 284

abdellbobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did post this on the last page and no response :(
hey everyone I have a question can we share the "shaderCache" files or still not ?
thank you in advance.

shideravan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
[Offtopic] Decaf, the Open source WiiU emulator has progressing a lot in these days :)
Is already running the opening of Angry Birds Star Wars ;)

Reactions: Rfire

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
using decaf cil or sdl?
  • decaf-sdl - Default emulator target using SDL for window creation and input.
  • decaf-cli - Command line only which will run games with no graphics or inputs, useful for test .rpx files.
Seems to now require win8/10 api dlls, I guess win7 support has been depreciated :-(

Last edited by ned,

xZabuzax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems to now require win8/10 api dlls, I guess win7 support has been depreciated :-(

Well shit, even Xenia (Xbox 360 emulator) requires Windows 8. What's up with these new emulators requiring Windows 8 and above to work. I guess is time to move from Windows 7 then...

BTW, Xenia is also running plenty of 3D intensive games at good FPS as well:

amed15

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
  • decaf-sdl - Default emulator target using SDL for window creation and input.
  • decaf-cli - Command line only which will run games with no graphics or inputs, useful for test .rpx files.
decaf sdl run games with graphics or cil ?

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
Well shit, even Xenia (Xbox 360 emulator) requires Windows 8. What's up with these new emulators requiring Windows 8 and above to work. I guess is time to move from Windows 7 then...

Idk since the whole switch to OpenGL from DX12 was done to prevent the win10 requirement.
I'm not instaling 8GB of useless visual studio 2015 files for a dev enviroment i'll never use
just because an emulator happens to use a handfull of files from it, maybe i'm being dumb but I can't
find a redist package that's just needed to run compiled apps.

Again

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

xenia is evolving, more cému will each passing week is much better, great work @Exzap and petergov mainly in version 1.5.3 final released.

lucianobugalu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
xenia is evolving, more cému will each passing week is much better, great work @Exzap and petergov mainly in version 1.5.3 final released.
Because I think the Xenia will have a very stable public version faster than the Cemu because the Xenia project is opened and this desponivel GitHub for those who are a programmer and want to help, while Cemu is private to this guy Exap and he I am still wanting to profit greatly from it.
Xenia it is broad steps in the progress and if I can help this project I will help.

shanzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Because I think the Xenia will have a very stable public version faster than the Cemu because the Xenia project is opened and this desponivel GitHub for those who are a programmer and want to help, while Cemu is private to this guy Exap and he I am still wanting to profit greatly from it.
Xenia it is broad steps in the progress and if I can help this project I will help.
Fancy someone wanting to profit from their job!

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For good reason why he wants profit as he works full time and devotes all his time on it which is why it is progressing so fast.

legend80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What are you talking about? I follow the GitHub commits and Reddit and I see progress at a snail's pace. What progress has Xenia made in the past 6 months?! I'm genuinely worried it's going to die soon and will never progress to even a 'descent' emulator. It's only capable of playing a handful of !2D! XBLA games and that compat. list never changes. Ooooooh, so impressive. Cemu is garbage compared to the godliness of Xenia.

Aside from migration to Vulcan and breaking some games (Scott Pilgrim for ex.), what is new? What new games boot? How's the 3D stuff coming along? What new features are supported? How's those perf. increases coming? What are you smoking? Do tell me about AAAAAALLLLL the progress Xenia has made lately and then let's stack that up to Exzap+team big bi-weekly releases.

Why do all these geniuses think opening up an emu allows thousands of devs to pour in and perfect emulation within weeks? That's not how it works kids. Maybe one day you'll learn that. Just stop talking (seriously) and enjoy the fastest progressing emulator on the market which, oh what do you know, is closed source. Stick with what's working. If this progress keeps up, keep this thing closed forever and trust that the team will deliver on the bonus things the community wants at some point. I'm pretty sure the team members/size will not be stagnate also, so there's always the possibility of more on-boarding - if you have the right qualifications.... ;)

thebuttonsstuck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What are you talking about? I follow the GitHub commits and Reddit and I see progress at a snail's pace. What progress has Xenia made in the past 6 months?! I'm genuinely worried it's going to die soon and will never progress to even a 'descent' emulator. It's only capable of playing a handful of !2D! XBLA games and that compat. list never changes. Ooooooh, so impressive. Cemu is garbage compared to the godliness of Xenia.

Aside from migration to Vulcan and breaking some games (Scott Pilgrim for ex.), what is new? What new games boot? How's the 3D stuff coming along? What new features are supported? How's those perf. increases coming? What are you smoking? Do tell me about AAAAAALLLLL the progress Xenia has made lately and then let's stack that up to Exzap+team big bi-weekly releases.

Why do all these geniuses think opening up an emu allows thousands of devs to pour in and perfect emulation within weeks? That's not how it works kids. Maybe one day you'll learn that. Just stop talking (seriously) and enjoy the fastest progressing emulator on the market which, oh what do you know, is closed source. Stick with what's working. If this progress keeps up, keep this thing closed forever and trust that the team will deliver on the bonus things the community wants at some point. I'm pretty sure the team members/size will not be stagnate also, so there's always the possibility of more on-boarding - if you have the right qualifications.... ;)

This. Xenias progress has been very slow as of late. There were pretty much no commits for 3 months. There's been a few as of late but it looks like only one or two people actively work on it.

donkeyhigh

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Wow, I basically read this as "hey, so you're making a emulator and sharing it for free? Well I guess I have to whine about it. Let's start with spelling the creators name wrong, then go on about bitching how it's going to slow for me. I want a free Wii U NOW! Why u no send me free console in mail Xpap? You should be ashamed of the last years development you put all your blood, sweat and tears into, and do as I say instead."

I think I covered everything. Grow up.

cheungpakwan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Kart 8 SAVEGAME ( All Characters, Cars, Wheels, Gliders been Unlocked )

links to download mario kart 8 savegame :

how to use my mario kart 8 savegame ?
copy to \cemu folder\mlc01\emulatorSave\9708a1d3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This Mario Kart 8 gameplay is Recorded with Nvidia ShadowPlay.

My PC Specs :
Intel i3 - 4150 @3.50 GHz
8GB DDR3
Zotac GTX 750Ti

JanetMerai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

As a game developer myself, two people working on Cemu while the next generation of open source emulation are still trying to figure things out years after their conception is becoming more of a joke than anything.

I have no disrespect for any on-going developments and I am not a programmer myself but I do see patterns in each development cycle.

In the past year alone Cemu has made far more progress and likely earns less than what Patreon states and the devs are likely not able to live off of that as a full-time job.
Compare that to Citra, Decaf and Xenia where you rarely see anyone reporting it online and I myself have seen a lack of commits.
RPCS3 and Nucelus aren't even mentioned anymore until some big game is shown off which hardly works at all or crashes badly.

For the longest time, I have been wondering what is going on with Decaf Wii U Emulation and it seems to progress slowly with more people working on it.

The sheer fact two people are working on a closed source Cemu project and haven't shared their knowledge proves they know what they are doing seeing as how there isn't a copy-paste war going on and from what I have been keeping up on, many devs borrow and copy from one-another.

I've seen the debate of open source vs closed source and results show that closed source keeps the copy-cats from potentially candy-wrapping viruses people are likely to gobble up in seconds.
Kudos to the devs of Cemu for that.

Honestly, I think the two are proving their merit and developing the first emulator that actually plays games than those who are still trying to pick up the pace.

The idiots lurking in this thread are obviously pirates and immature brats who have no idea what the word 'development' even means and flaunt their incoherent knowledge around like they own the place.

Let this be a lesson that hard work is appreciated and often undermined by selfish mongrels who care only for themselves.
Sociopaths are good at biting the hand that feeds them but couldn't find the food if they tried.

Also, this entire thread could use a massive Troll Genocide of mass proportions... seriously over 600 pages of less than information?
Get real and stop feeding the damn Trolls, they just keep getting uglier and worse.

I may be a skeptic but Exzap and his devs get my condolences of hard work and effort, this crap isn't easy and they do what no-one else can do unless otherwise proven.

So Trolls, if you can do better go code your own damn Cemu clone and prove you are better or get the hell out of here and leave your inhumanity out of the picture.

Alex S

Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!
Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
As a game developer myself, two people working on Cemu while the next generation of open source emulation are still trying to figure things out years after their conception is becoming more of a joke than anything.

I have no disrespect for any on-going developments and I am not a programmer myself but I do see patterns in each development cycle.

In the past year alone Cemu has made far more progress and likely earns less than what Patreon states and the devs are likely not able to live off of that as a full-time job.
Compare that to Citra, Decaf and Xenia where you rarely see anyone reporting it online and I myself have seen a lack of commits.
RPCS3 and Nucelus aren't even mentioned anymore until some big game is shown off which hardly works at all or crashes badly.

For the longest time, I have been wondering what is going on with Decaf Wii U Emulation and it seems to progress slowly with more people working on it.

The sheer fact two people are working on a closed source Cemu project and haven't shared their knowledge proves they know what they are doing seeing as how there isn't a copy-paste war going on and from what I have been keeping up on, many devs borrow and copy from one-another.

I've seen the debate of open source vs closed source and results show that closed source keeps the copy-cats from potentially candy-wrapping viruses people are likely to gobble up in seconds.
Kudos to the devs of Cemu for that.

Honestly, I think the two are proving their merit and developing the first emulator that actually plays games than those who are still trying to pick up the pace.

The idiots lurking in this thread are obviously pirates and immature brats who have no idea what the word 'development' even means and flaunt their incoherent knowledge around like they own the place.

Let this be a lesson that hard work is appreciated and often undermined by selfish mongrels who care only for themselves.
Sociopaths are good at biting the hand that feeds them but couldn't find the food if they tried.

Also, this entire thread could use a massive Troll Genocide of mass proportions... seriously over 600 pages of less than information?
Get real and stop feeding the damn Trolls, they just keep getting uglier and worse.

I may be a skeptic but Exzap and his devs get my condolences of hard work and effort, this crap isn't easy and they do what no-one else can do unless otherwise proven.

So Trolls, if you can do better go code your own damn Cemu clone and prove you are better or get the hell out of here and leave your inhumanity out of the picture.

Um... you know you contradicted yourself right? How can you be a game developer and not a programmer??

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

DID YOU CALL CEMU GARBAGE??? WHY ARE YOU HERE THEN?

JanetMerai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You forgot the phrase 'Looks can be deceiving.'
Go do your homework and come back, no-one here is a moron unless they prove it.. and you just did.

Cemu is progressing faster than any emulator out there that I have seen and is even booting newer games albeit slowly or black-screened.
Take a look around and many emulators will often crash or simply won't work at all.

I suggest taking your opinions and shoving them back up your ass where it belongs.

Um... you know you contradicted yourself right? How can you be a game developer and not a programmer??

DID YOU CALL CEMU GARBAGE??? WHY ARE YOU HERE THEN?

Because I use Unity and Assets from the Asset Store.
Additionally, I have actual game studio experience as an artist.

Programmers these days aren't exactly a necessity anymore, even artists can make a game just as programmers can pay for art.
Its a common trade in game development, how do you not know this when you pay so much attention to the development of a popular emulator?

That itself is contradiction :3

Last edited by JanetMerai,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1