Emulation [RELEASE] Cemu - Wii U emulator

• Thread starter Exzap
  • Start date
  • Views 7,182,249
  • Replies 21,660
  • Likes 283
D

Deleted User

Hey, let's play a game! How soon will my current laptop with only 2.0 GB of RAM supernova while running Cemu? Place your bets!
I'm just joking, of course. I probably couldn't even open Cemu.
I can't believe we're getting a Wii U emulator this early. I thought it would take a few more years for a Wii U emulator to appear and be somewhat functional.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, let's play a game! How soon will my current laptop with only 2.0 GB of RAM supernova while running Cemu? Place your bets!
I'm just joking, of course. I probably couldn't even open Cemu.
I can't believe we're getting a Wii U emulator this early. I thought it would take a few more years for a Wii U emulator to appear and be somewhat functional.
My laptop has 3 gb of RAM, and ran a nes VC .rpx for 6 minutes before crashing during the loading point xD

loco365

Trophies
XP
@Minuteworld I'd really have to say that your video is incredibly misleading by saying that you can play all your favorite games now. It barely functions and requires a very powerful computer to get even sub-par FPS. It's like saying that the house that you're building, even though it's only framed and no drywall is put up or flooring installed, is ready to move into.

Although I must ask - how are you running it on Windows 7? Isn't it only designed for 10 right now? Or did you build it yourself and use a few modifications?

Reactions: Deleted User

Minuteworld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Minuteworld I'd really have to say that your video is incredibly misleading by saying that you can play all your favorite games now. It barely functions and requires a very powerful computer to get even sub-par FPS. It's like saying that the house that you're building, even though it's only framed and no drywall is put up or flooring installed, is ready to move into.

Although I must ask - how are you running it on Windows 7? Isn't it only designed for 10 right now? Or did you build it yourself and use a few modifications?
that's not me bro, I'm just subbed to the person who makes those videos. I just wanted to post em'. ask him on youtube.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna run this on my old duel core pentium 80) MHz with 2GB of RAM and either integrated or some shitty gpu, and see how it does (4 the lulz)

How would this perform on a 6-core APU (FX-6300) with an R9 270x and 16GB of Ram? My guess is 3 frames per minute?

Nice work though, i never thouht this would happen within the next 3-4 years.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

some youtubers just want comments on their video's so things like "play all your favorite games right now" feeds their youtube viewer stats, but at the cost of the actual dev's getting pestered by nubs on how to get it working properly

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@MinuteworldAlthough I must ask - how are you running it on Windows 7? Isn't it only designed for 10 right now? Or did you build it yourself and use a few modifications?
No no no, the OTHER emulator is designed for DX12, and as such requires Win 10. This one needs OpenGL so it can work on W7

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do the keys in the Keys.txt file have to be lowercase? So it requires the TitleKey of the game to be played or the Wii U Common key?
Im stuck on the keys part of it...

Reactions: Arck

WiiFoundLove

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Do the keys in the Keys.txt file have to be lowercase? So it requires the TitleKey of the game to be played or the Wii U Common key?
Im stuck on the keys part of it...
You need BOTH keys. Keys can be lower/uppercase, that's not important. But you have to remove the whitespaces.

Reactions: karloz25

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
Not surprising to see this thread explode in the course of one day.
It hardly qualifies as "somewhat functional". You can't play games on it yet, which is the entire purpose. They run, yes... barely.

It is a very strong POC for what can be done thanks to modern PC hardware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol