• Views 7,225,149
  • Replies 21,664
  • Likes 284

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you wanna know, my card (HD5870) DOES meet the requirements and there were no problems until 1.6.2 was released.
Cemu already has VRAM related crashes/issues as it is, the crash on your could simply be due to only 1GB VRAM. It could be caused by a number of issues really, it's also Xenoblade, perhaps the most demanding working title in Cemu atm and the only one reported to use up to 10GB RAM. The next update is suppose to also focus on VRAM-related crashes/issues so I suppose we'll have to wait and see if this improves Cemu for you and others experiencing seemingly unexplained crashes/memory leaks.

Or wiimote/GC controller support maybe ?
Maybe it's something noted from the 1.6.2 patreon update. :D

JOHN30011887

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A lot of the stuttering in Cemu is thanks to the annoying shader cache file being generated every time you try a new Cemu version, moving that cache file to a new Cemu version will get rid of the annoying stuttering. The next Cemu version is actually one of the best releases because of that change.

Yeah it will be better to copy to newer versions of cemu so theres no rebuild every update but id also prefer a permanent cache so if i upgrade my gpu or switch to amd or whatever that the game will still read the cache and not rebuild it

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
Emulation is NOT illegal, no matter what Nintendo try to claim. It is absolutely NOT illegal. What IS illegal, is downloading games you have NOT legally purchased. We do not help people admitting to that and just presume that people are honest enough to dump their own games, even though we know a lot do not.

Don't ask, don't tell. If you tell, then we don't help. Simple as that.
Funny thing is, when I told a guy in the backup loaders section to take a hike because he had reached the Wii Us 300 title limit and wanted to know how to bypass it my post was deleted and I was told this forum isn't the place for legality discussions surrounding piracy and that if I didn't have anything to contribute to the topic I should not post at all.

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
Funny thing is, when I told a guy in the backup loaders section to take a hike because he had reached the Wii Us 300 title limit and wanted to know how to bypass it my post was deleted and I was told this forum isn't the place for legality discussions surrounding piracy and that if I didn't have anything to contribute to the topic I should not post at all.
you really shouldn't have told him to take a hike. if what you just said is the a summary of his true question, there is no basis to determine where he got his backups, he may have actually bought over 300 titles and want ways of increasing the limit. there is no need to tell him to "take a hike", you could have just kept quiet, or do some research to help him.

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
you really shouldn't have told him to take a hike. if what you just said is the a summary of his true question, there is no basis to determine where he got his backups, he may have actually bought over 300 titles and want ways of increasing the limit. there is no need to tell him to "take a hike", you could have just kept quiet, or do some research to help him.
I didn't need to do any research, he openly admitted he had downloaded everything the eShop had and had obtained hundreds more VC titles from the internet.

Even assuming he didn't admit that its still very obvious he was pirating. The Wii U doesn't have 300 official titles available for it so for him to hit the 300 title limit meant he was certainly using unofficial titles.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

tglaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
Emulation is NOT illegal, no matter what Nintendo try to claim. It is absolutely NOT illegal. What IS illegal, is downloading games you have NOT legally purchased.
Well legality changes in each country, so it can be that in some countries emulation is illegal and others it itsn't (it COULD be).
Same thing for games, somewhere you could download a game to play it on an emulator and it wouldn't be illegal while somwhere else it would.

I remember reading that in some places buying a used game coul be considered "illegal" (the same way it's considered illegal to download a game).
(of course this is what I recall, I don't have the source though so can't justify it)

Reactions: AboodXD

IIYAMA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Keep your mouth shut is the best way to do it , I guess . If we talked openly about downloading game , Exzap could get in trouble . And a whole forum could be closed !
You never know what Nintendo may do to him , he may get sued like Sony did with "Bleem!" the first PS1 Emulator
Nintendo America isn't as calm as Nintendo Japan . They are serious when it comes to copyright infringement . For example , most Wii U gameplay videos on youtube (also include Cemu video) have already been flagged as "Contend ID copyright claim" by Nintendo America , All the money (through ad) goes right to Nintendo , the uploader has nothing , not even a cent !
Don't believe me ? Try and upload a Mario Kart 8 or NSMBU gameplay video and you'll see .

Nintendo.JPG

Last edited by IIYAMA,
Reactions: NiagA and likea24

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
Keep your mouth shut is the best way to do it , I guess . If we talked openly about downloading game , Exzap could get in trouble . And a whole forum could be closed !
You never know what Nintendo may do to him , he may get sued like Sony did with "Bleem!" the first PS1 Emulator
Nintendo America isn't as calm as Nintendo Japan . They are serious when it comes to copyright infringement . For example , most Wii U gameplay videos on youtube (also include Cemu video) have already been flagged as "Contend ID copyright claim" by Nintendo America , All the money (through ad) goes right to Nintendo , the uploader has nothing , not even a cent !
Don't believe me ? Try and upload a Mario Kart 8 or NSMBU gameplay video and you'll see .

View attachment 73131
Its been covered many times already but I guess you missed it (which is cool, 800+ pages man).

Creating an emulator breaks zero laws anywhere in the world as long as its 100% the authors own code and uses no proprietary code from the original equipment.

Now CEMU is closed source and its possible Exzap is using the official Nintendo SDK to create it, if that's the case then he is open to a cease & desist from Nintendo however I DON'T think that's the case. Its not hard for big N to decompile his code and check for any Nintendo code and Nintendo are the most ban happy company in existence. I'm sure if Exzap was using the SDK they'd already have slapped him with a C&D letter and/or a court order.

Also Bleem was not illegal, it became illegal when they started selling it. At that point the owner can argue loss of sales and sue for damages.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!