Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
@mid-kid
Do we have to add something to build the newest version ourself? cause i get an error while trying to build:

Code:
make[1]: Leaving directory `/d/CFWCN3DS/CakesForeveryWan/CakeHax'
dd if=build/main.bin of=out/Cakes.dat bs=512 seek=144
85+1 records in
85+1 records out
43568 bytes (44 kB) copied, 0.02 seconds, 2.2 MB/s
bake out/cakes/patches/emunand.cake
ARMIPS Assembler v0.8.0 (Jan 25 2016 00:21:31) by Kingcom
Done.
/bin/sh: line 2: python3: command not found
make: *** [out/cakes/patches/emunand.cake] Error 127

Well i have a build enviroment setup with only python 3 (python 3.5.1) not 2 and still get the same error
(yes everything in my path is correct.

Reactions: Madridi

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i have a build enviroment setup with only python 3 (python 3.5.1) not 2 and still get the same error
(yes everything in my path is correct.

I don't know how python handles multiple versions on windows, but on linux you specify the python version by calling either python3 or python2. Modify the makefile to call the right command on windows.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't know how python handles multiple versions on windows, but on linux you specify the python version by calling either python3 or python2. Modify the makefile to call the right command on windows.
Like said, i used a laptop that had no python installed (from my kids) and installed python 3 only on it. so there should not be any problem with conflicting python versions

bakageta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see your point. It bricks if updating while FIRM protection patch is disabled. That's why I said it would be great if that was enabled by default...
If FIRM is protected, then A9LH would be still here after the update, so even if that bricks, you could debrick easily. That's the point of enabling FIRM protection by default.
From how I read the post, if you have FIRM protection on without A9LH, it bricks. My point is a non-A9LH user might accidentally load sysnand instead of emunand and update, and if you tried to update, you'd now have a brick and no way to recover without a hardmod.

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Great job! This looks really good already and can be become even more awesome.

any compiled version with latest changes around to use?

Thanks

So i can just change the dat file on my sd and merge the 3ds and cakes folders to test this?

Thanks!

A600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So i can just change the dat file on my sd and merge the 3ds and cakes folders to test this?

Yes, and you can delete all the folders inside the patches folder because they are not needed anymore. Don't forget to also copy the .cake from this post to the patches folder and to enable it in the Cakes menu.

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
From how I read the post, if you have FIRM protection on without A9LH, it bricks. My point is a non-A9LH user might accidentally load sysnand instead of emunand and update, and if you tried to update, you'd now have a brick and no way to recover without a hardmod.

That's actually the opposite. If someone doesn't have FIRM protection and updates with A9LH, it bricks.

That said, if someone tries to update with FIRM protection and A9LH, it could brick since the FIRM wouldn't be valid, but if the patch is enabled only on A9LH (as I said before), it shouldn't be a problem.
I meant, an option to enable them by default IF conditions are filled (like A9LH present).

Last edited by GBHAKC75,

3xkrazy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mid-kid
CakesFW 149

Not sure it's a bug or not, but the menu freezes when trying to select an emunand that doesn't exist:

There is a number "8" that is highlighted blue on screen. After pressing D-up, the "8" turns white, and then the menu freezes.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@mid-kid
CakesFW 149

Not sure it's a bug or not, but the menu freezes when trying to select an emunand that doesn't exist:

There is a number "8" that is highlighted blue on screen. After pressing D-up, the "8" turns white, and then the menu freezes.

Thanks, that's a bug. Will try to fix.

@mid-kid By any chance, would you use the keydb feature introduced by @d0k3 ? (https://gbatemp.net/threads/downloa...yption-tools-wip.388831/page-153#post-6213119)
That would be great to have one file with all keys instead of all those keys at SDcard root...

I don't see why not. But yay a new format for no reason other than having less files on the SD? ...okay.

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks, that's a bug. Will try to fix.

I don't see why not. But yay a new format for no reason other than having less files on the SD? ...okay.

A lot of people around here (including me) likes to keep their things clean, that seems to be a great way to manage keys. It also should be easier to find keys from that site for new users.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol