ROM Hack [release] basicNESinjector - automatically inject NES VC ROM files

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So l tried to inject Lagrange Point, the only game by konami to use it's VCR7 chip but it's mapper is not supported.
And Akumajou Densetsu(The JPN version of castlevania 3) uses konami's VRC6 chip whose mapper is also not supported yet I found a cia of this rom injected into the virtual console with it's extra soundbanks/channels intact.
Could you look into this?
I have no idea if it supports FDS ROMS, but I thought having the additional banner simply looks cool. LOL.
so I checked and the NES JPN virtual console does support fds games alongside standard NES games.
If I could dump one of these, perhaps you can look at it's contents and possibly add in .FDS support or if possible maybe add more mapper/chip support?
Like VRC6/7.
I know The Mysterious Murasame Castle
was originally a famicom disk system game and never released on cartridge, but it's on the USA Eshop.

Last edited by WarioTails358,

sedusg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
@cots,Thank you for your great tool.
I checked both your tool and Asdolo's tool.

Your tool is somewhere more user edit.
Maybe combine your tool and Asdolo's tool will make NES VC injection easier.

1.Here I want to report a bug about rom compatibility.
I tested Fire Emblem Gaiden (Japan) on your tool.
But the output VC give a glictch logo at game's start screen.But Asdolo's tool give a VC with correct logo.
Maybe you can look into that.

2.Also,I suggest you add a ClipUp & ClipDown value option.
I edited config.ini myself just to change that from 1 to 8 as that is what should be seen on NTSC.

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basic_NESinjectorv1_0b.jpg

disk_system.jpg
famicom.jpg
nes.jpg

I've released an utility to inject NES rom files into the official NES VC emulator for the Nintendo 3DS.

I used the Zelda 2 (USA) VC and Ice Climbers (USA) VC while testing this app, but any NES VC ROM should suffice.

What's New?

v1.2b - added Famicom Disk System 3D Banner

v1.1b - added Famicom 3D Banner in addition to NES 3D Banner

v1.0b - added 3D banner support (for the custom 3d template)
- refined text input process
- added ability to change game name, description, publisher
- added ability to change the game output filename
- added ability to process roms that aren't in either database
- tweaked the game values editor a bit
- enter in any value for the ROM mapper to explore compatibility
- added more screen resolution modes

Download: Here

Requires .NET Framework 4.5

To convert 3DS to CIA you can read this guide and then to decrypt the CIA you can read how to in this guide.

If you're interested in what this program is doing you might find this helpful.

Would you like to inject SNES games? If so click here.

Thanks to @ihaveamac for help with the tools used in this injector! I'd also like to shout out to @Asdolo for the much appreciated help with creating the 3D banner code as without him it wouldn't be possible!

Is your ROM not working? Try this instead.

pitt.gif

Can you convert Famicom Disk System games to CIA with this thing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello there, thanks for the useful tool.

but anyway, i have trouble making injects of 2 roms. they are english patched (but i couldnt get the original japanese ones to work either).

the ones i tried were: Akumajou Densetsu and Holy Driver

i get the error:

ROM mapper (16) is not supported and

ROM mapper (78) is not supported

i think its because the games use that extra sound chip.

could you by any chance look into it and fix it? i'd appreciate it.

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello there, thanks for the useful tool.

but anyway, i have trouble making injects of 2 roms. they are english patched (but i couldnt get the original japanese ones to work either).

the ones i tried were: Akumajou Densetsu and Holy Driver

i get the error:

ROM mapper (16) is not supported and

ROM mapper (78) is not supported

i think its because the games use that extra sound chip.

could you by any chance look into it and fix it? i'd appreciate it.

Unfortunately, the "mappers not supported" problem doesn't mean that the tool doesn't support them, it means that Nintendo's own Virtual Console doesn't support them and there isn't anything we can do to change that. Unless someone has made a patch to convert your games to a supported maker, which is unlikely, your only option might be to play them on a NES emulator.

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, the "mappers not supported" problem doesn't mean that the tool doesn't support them, it means that Nintendo's own Virtual Console doesn't support them and there isn't anything we can do to change that.
ah that makes sense.

do you know if there are nes forwarders?

or any other method so i can boot the nes games from the homescreen?

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that @Asdolo was working on some sort of Ultimate Injector/Forwarder for all systems, but it's not ready yet. You might have to just install a NES emulator and play them that way until then.

...Unless you REALLY want them on your homescreen now and are willing to try something wacky. A third option would be to use PocketNES (http://www.dwedit.org/gba/pocketnes.php ) to make a NES emulator ROM that you would then inject as a GBA game. I've done this twice and it works well enough. The resolution isn't right the the Home Screen icon looks like a GBA game (unless you decompress the resulting CIA and change the icon). I don't remember what mappers PocketNES supports or what save type you'd need to select when injecting the GBA ROM, but you are welcome to experiment with it.

Reactions: ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that @Asdolo was working on some sort of Ultimate Injector/Forwarder for all systems, but it's not ready yet. You might have to just install a NES emulator and play them that way until then.

...Unless you REALLY want them on your homescreen now and are willing to try something wacky. A third option would be to use PocketNES (http://www.dwedit.org/gba/pocketnes.php ) to make a NES emulator ROM that you would then inject as a GBA game. I've done this twice and it works well enough. The resolution isn't right the the Home Screen icon looks like a GBA game (unless you decompress the resulting CIA and change the icon). I don't remember what mappers PocketNES supports or what save type you'd need to select when injecting the GBA ROM, but you are welcome to experiment with it.
thanks, ill try pocket nes for now

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, ill try pocket nes for now

Ok, just play around with the display options (L+R) and see what you think. Now that I think about it, I think the proper save type is SRAM for the PocketNES ROM. If you're planning to use the save state feature, give it a try first to make sure if it works. On real hardware (GBA Mini with GBA Everdrive) the normal save states were working for me, but the auto-save state was not.

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, just play around with the display options (L+R) and see what you think. Now that I think about it, I think the proper save type is SRAM for the PocketNES ROM. If you're planning to use the save state feature, give it a try first to make sure if it works. On real hardware (GBA Mini with GBA Everdrive) the normal save states were working for me, but the auto-save state was not.
i tried out 3 games now, 1 had graphical glitches (flickering and weird colors). the other 2 are working fine.

the save states work, the only downside is the resolution/aspect ratio

Reactions: Cralex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Yea?