Not open for further replies.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3ds Titlekeys sites back FYI
I just looked it up on ICANN, it says it expired. I can't reach it.
Domain Name:
Registry Domain ID: 2026664973_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namesilo.com
Registrar URL: https://www.namesilo.com/
Updated Date: 2017-05-07
Creation Date: 2016-05-07
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2017-05-07

Last update of WHOIS database: 2017-05-07 23:57:55

Last edited by BORTZ,

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SD:/freeShop/encTitleKeys.bin

Old location I believe, see below for new one:

/3ds/data/freeShop/keys/download.bin

^ This

incidentally, you can rename download.bin to encTitleKeys.bin and it works just the same.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Then you can use a DNS proxy program for your computer like this http://mayakron.altervista.org/wikibase/show.php?id=AcrylicHome which supports hosts files (and even lets you use wildcards, which the regular hosts file doesn't support).

I'm not sure why you would ever need to use this in this situation. For your PC you can simply edit your hosts file located here: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts - This file takes precedence over any DNS server so you can manually map both wiiu and 3ds sites to the same IP and it WILL work. just not on your 3ds, which is the problem.

If you don't want to muck around with modifying the hosts file, you can install the latest version of Wii U USB helper and it will automatically update your hosts file for you (it no longer does this, but the program works all the same) You can also use this same program for 3ds games (search these forums to find it)

Last edited by Nomelas,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For God sake why we this must be such conspiracy, no one is giving names, just aliases like "chaotic site" "that program" edit hosts etc.
Can we just make a Christian discord server to communicate like human beings?

So anyone has latest encTitleKeys.bin because mine is from November 16 and i need updates.
see my previous comment

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For God sake why we this must be such conspiracy, no one is giving names, just aliases like "chaotic site" "that program" edit hosts etc.
Can we just make a Christian discord server to communicate like human beings?

So anyone has latest encTitleKeys.bin because mine is from November 16 and i need updates.
Because you aren't allowed to mention piracy sites by name, or ask for copyrighted content like the title keys. Read the forum rules before you post next.

Aeit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry then, I just find it funny that posting one line of address for host file could harm the site.
But that's how it is when pirates don't have its own ship.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So the 3DS/Wi U title key site has expired?
What's next? How would we auto-download the enc.bin now?
I'm just curious, since from the last pages no one has given clear instructions.

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry then, I just find it funny that posting one line of address for host file could harm the site.
It probably wouldn't, but they seem to think that by disallowing the posting of names or links they can appear to be against piracy(even though they clearly have forum sections dedicated to backup loading and hacking). It seems pretty hypocritical but they're doing whatever they can to keep the site up and if they think doing that'll help, I'm not going to complain.

Reactions: Nomelas

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So the 3DS/Wi U title key site has expired?
What's next? How would we auto-download the enc.bin now?
I'm just curious, since from the last pages no one has given clear instructions.

Either;

A: Configure your router to map the domain name to the site's IP (most basic routers and ones provided by ISPs wont have this feature)
B: Set up your own Domain Name Server in your home network with the same domain to IP mapping from step A, and set the 3ds's DNS to point to that one as either the primary or secondary or configure your router to use it as one of the DNS servers in the DHCP setup so that it gets auto distributed to all hosts on your home network.

unless someone else has a better option? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Is Janet Jackson alive?