Homebrew [RELEASE] Anemone3DS - A Complete Theme and Splash Manager for your 3DS!

MightyJAK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a hard upper limit to how many themes you can have in the Themes folder? I have 8,252 themes (26.5GB). When launching Anemone 2.0.1 it gets stuck on "Loading themes, please wait..." for about 21 minutes (stuck-stuck, the clock in the upper left doesn't move, but updates once after about 18 minutes). When it gets unstuck, it tells me "No themes found". So how many themes do I have to cull for Anemone to see them?

On another note, I have 738 splashes and Anemone loads them all just fine.

I reduced the number of themes to 923, it took 3 minutes but Anemone was able to load the themes this time. But then I encountered the same problem as draginite, where Anemone crashes if I try to scroll the list of themes. I tried upgrading to 2.1.0beta, same issue. Downgraded to 2.0.0, same issue.

Finally made the theme list scrollable by deleting all but 5 themes. But now Anemone crashes when scrolling the list of splashes (it didn't before, even with hundreds of themes). It also crashes when deleting a theme or splash, but still deletes it properly.

HellDrax

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, great job: d
By cons I have a problem, I install my themes but I can not put them randomly, how can I?

LordIgnis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@astronautlevel it seems I have come across the seemingly random issue where my "theme management extdata can become corrupt and your console will boot to a black screen". Is the only fix for this to delete the extdata folder shown in your "Known Bugs" section of your github page or is there another option because I tried this and am still getting a black screen on boot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@astronautlevel it seems I have come across the seemingly random issue where my "theme management extdata can become corrupt and your console will boot to a black screen". Is the only fix for this to delete the extdata folder shown in your "Known Bugs" section of your github page or is there another option because I tried this and am still getting a black screen on boot

Verify your SD card isn't fake or faulty.
  1. Copy everything off your SD card onto a computer.
  2. Reformat the card as FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size with Windows File Explorer or guiformat.
  3. While empty, do a Full Write + Verify Test with H2testw. Do not skip this step.
Report back whether or not your card passes without error.

LordIgnis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Verify your SD card isn't fake or faulty.
  1. Copy everything off your SD card onto a computer.
  2. Reformat the card as FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size with Windows File Explorer or guiformat.
  3. While empty, do a Full Write + Verify Test with H2testw. Do not skip this step.
Report back whether or not your card passes without error.
there was no error, ive been using the same 32gb card for at least 3 years with no issues up until this point

LordIgnis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its called R/W rot in your current card
guess I'll look into it then, I would just use the 16gb card I have to see if it makes any difference but my current card is full and i dont feel like trying to figure out what to manually delete of my games to check, and I have to find where i put the card anyways if I did.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guess I'll look into it then, I would just use the 16gb card I have to see if it makes any difference but my current card is full and i dont feel like trying to figure out what to manually delete of my games to check, and I have to find where i put the card anyways if I did.
Going bigger never hurts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there was no error, ive been using the same 32gb card for at least 3 years with no issues up until this point
  1. Is your custom firmware setup using Luma3DS v9.1, boot9strap v1.3, and GodMode9 v1.7.1 on both the SD card and CTRNAND?
2. In Luma3DS v9.1 configuration, are you by any chance using (x) Disable ARM11 exception handlers? Don't select it if you were.
luma_config.png

3. You've said you already tried deleting the theme extdata folder, correct?
  • Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/extdata/000002cd - (for USA region 3DS)

4. Would you care to try themes installation using a test custom firmware setup?
  • Use the starter archive found here. Latest Anemone3DS v.2.1.0 Beta in both *.3dsx and *.cia are included.
  • Try a several newly downloaded themes from themeplaza.eu; don't use files from your main setup for the test.

LordIgnis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
  1. Is your custom firmware setup using Luma3DS v9.1, boot9strap v1.3, and GodMode9 v1.7.1 on both the SD card and CTRNAND?
2. In Luma3DS v9.1 configuration, are you by any chance using (x) Disable ARM11 exception handlers? Don't select it if you were.
luma_config.png

3. You've said you already tried deleting the theme extdata folder, correct?
  • Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/extdata/000002cd - (for USA region 3DS)

4. Would you care to try themes installation using a test custom firmware setup?
  • Use the starter archive found here. Latest Anemone3DS v.2.1.0 Beta in both *.3dsx and *.cia are included.
  • Try a several newly downloaded themes from themeplaza.eu; don't use files from your main setup for the test.
1)Yes everything is kept updated as often as possible
2)I have the exception handlers enabled
3)Yes I tried deleting /000002cd for the US region extdata
4) Ill give it a shot, just gotta wait an eternity to dump my current sdcard files back to my computer.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Tried on a 4gb card I had lying around and got it to boot, still waiting on my main sd card to finish transferring the stuff to confirm whether or not its the card thats causing problems for sure

LordIgnis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unless you have certain mod plugins that require this option, you should not use ( ) Disable ARM11 exception handlers. This one causes some of the weirdest problems I've seen trying to debug others' 3DS.
I got everything working again, transferred everything back slowly after I put that cfw test pack on my main sd card. Thanks for your help.

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
So recently i have a problem with Anemone. So basicly all the time i try to access i get the Luma error (data abort ARM9). I tough it was becouse two of my folder ware currupted or something, becouse this happen when Anemone is loading the theme list, but apperently is not that. So i don't know ware the problem is. I will try to re install all the app and see what happen; just for the record this error happen to me with both the .3dsx and .cia version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Bad dragon