DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
@ Analog Man or Anyone who Can Help

Okay so I'm new to the Amiibo thing and need some Help.

So I've Download BIN file and the Amiibo SN Changer V2 , Installed Python and did the Whole Drag and Drop thing on to the Script file but nothing Happened. Only a cmd box popped up the Quantity:1_ flashing. What do I need to do next or what did I do Wrong. Do I drag and Drop just the BIN or the Whole Folder the BIN is in. Really not understanding I Guess. Would someone who knows what they are doing be willing to mod the bins for Me I would be extremely Grateful since this is Stressing me out.
Could you upload your folder like you have it somewhere and pm me the dl link. I want to check if the problem is on the app side or the environment.

KiddKaotix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A whole kb? That's odd. The result should be exactly 540b, same as the original.

So I the folder reads as 1kb, right click on it and it shows as 540 but on disk 1kb, I put it to a blank tag and it works great.....so I guess the G this you posed works swimmingly. So I am finally al set to make tons of these and farm some of these exclusive items. THANK YOU!

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could maybe try Darwine? I don't know if that project is still going though, and you'd run into similar problems as the guy using wine. I'd say just slap Windows XP into a vm

Paradoxal Dream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It seems Nintendo has patched amiibo exploits in the latest Switch 5.0 system update.

I've been using Amiibo SN Changer V2 with my N2 Elite for months and it doesn't work anymore since I updated my Switch. My N2 Elite still works fine with unmodified bin files but anything modified with Amiibo SN Changer just doesn't work anymore.

There are also reports that Nintendo has disabled same day scans of the same amiibo, so it seems that even honest customers that genuinely bought the same amiibos multiple times are getting punished. But I have no way of verifying these claims since I don't own multiple copies of the same amiibo.

Reactions: KiiWii

Paradoxal Dream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tested amiibo cards on botw and they still work with switch updated to 5.0

But are these cards made with perfect dumps of amiibos (unmodified .bin files) or were they hacked with a serial number randomizer? That's precisely where I think the issue resides and where Nintendo intervened. Like I said, My N2 Elite also works if I use regular copies of amiibos.

After all, Nintendo has no way of detecting what physical objects you're using to scan the NFC tags. It doesn't matter if it's a legit licensed figurine, or a card, or a plastic disc made in China. What matters is the data contained on those tags, and it seems that now Nintendo has blocked any modified amiibos.

If you downloaded the .bin files online and didn't modify them yourself with the tools provided in the first post of this thread, chances are they're not hacked. Same thing if you created your .bin from your own amiibo collection.

Last edited by Paradoxal Dream,

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
But are these cards made with perfect dumps of amiibos (unmodified .bin files) or were they hacked with a serial number randomizer? That's precisely where I think the issue resides and where Nintendo intervened. Like I said, My N2 Elite also works if I use regular copies of amiibos.

After all, Nintendo has no way of detecting what physical objects you're using to scan the NFC tags. It doesn't matter if it's a legit licensed figurine, or a card, or a plastic disc made in China. What matters is the data contained on those tags, and it seems that now Nintendo has blocked any modified amiibos.

If you downloaded the .bin files online and didn't modify them yourself with the tools provided in the first post of this thread, chances are they're not hacked. Same thing if you created your .bin from your own amiibo collection.

ah i see. Yah mine's unmodified except for that wolf link with 20 hearts. That's probably the reason why it still works.

Swiffy22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately I've run into the same issue. Any amiibo serial numbers generated by this program don't seem to function anymore on Switch 5.0. All NFCs I've created with Tagmo still work, however. Perhaps there's an algorithm that Tagmo takes into account that this program doesn't?

Reactions: Paradoxal Dream

Paradoxal Dream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Swiffy22 said:
All NFCs I've created with Tagmo still work, however. Perhaps there's an algorithm that Tagmo takes into account that this program doesn't?

Someone on Reddit told me that PowerSaves still works for him, it does seem that the issue is indeed specific to AnalogMan's script.

I have no way of verifying all of this since PowerSaves needs Datel's hardware to work and Tagmo is only available on Android and my phone doesn't have any NFC capabilities...

Last edited by Paradoxal Dream,

Swiffy22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I was able to do some testing, and I can (mostly?) confirm that it's simply an algorithm that generates IDs that's missing from this program. I tested all 20 Smash Link I've made via TagMo, which were made using a single .bin file and given a unique ID, and all of them still work. I dumped those back on my pc via the n2elite nfc reader/writer, and then put them on my n2elite. They all function as normal in that case too. The source code for tagmo appears to be on github, so the answer should be there?

simcity4japan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows 7 X64
Python 3.6.5 X64

K:\003\Amiibo SN Changer>python amiibo_sn.py "path/to/amiibo.bin"

Quantity [1]: 1
Using new serial: 18F633555489F0A38E

Decrypting path/to/amiibo.bin

amiitool.exe -d -k key_retail.bin -i 'path/to/amiibo.bin' -o decrypt.bin

Could not open input file: No such file or directory (2)

Aborting!

amiibo.bin will not be created.
Is there a solution?

Lil_SpazJoekp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows 7 X64
Python 3.6.5 X64

K:\003\Amiibo SN Changer>python amiibo_sn.py "path/to/amiibo.bin"

Quantity [1]: 1
Using new serial: 18F633555489F0A38E

Decrypting path/to/amiibo.bin

amiitool.exe -d -k key_retail.bin -i 'path/to/amiibo.bin' -o decrypt.bin

Could not open input file: No such file or directory (2)

Aborting!

amiibo.bin will not be created.
Is there a solution?
If I could have some screenshots I can help you diagnose it.

Reactions: simcity4japan

simcity4japan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 295
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 265
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 352
Last edited by simcity4japan,

Lil_SpazJoekp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please help me
Ohh I see whats wrong. You have to change the 'path/to/amiibo.bin' to the actual bin file path. In your case you should be typing in cmd:
Code:
python amiibo_sn.py "K:\003\Amiibo SN Changer\amiibo.bin"
or since the amiibo file is in the same directory as the amiibo_sn.py file you could just type:
Code:
python amiibo_sn.py amiibo.bin
You should also be able to drag and drop the amiibo.bin file directly onto the amiibo_sn.py file and it should load it up. And just a side note, you don't have to rename the amiibo bin file to amiibo.bin for it to work.

I modified the amiibo_sn.py file a bit more. I changes it so that it would increment the filename instead of amending the serial number onto it.
UPDATE: Datel has released PowerSaves v1.32 which now includes a serial number randomizer as well. So for those using Powersaves this is no longer needed.

Note: This is only for those that use Amiibo emulating devices such as N2 Elite/Amiiqo, Datel PowerTag or NaMiiMo. This is not for those who write Amiibo to blank NFC tags or those with real Amiibo figures.

Update V2: Added batch generation for multiple new serial numbers for easier use with N2 Elite. The original version is still available for those who prefer the old method.

Summary: This python 3 script decrypts an Amiibo BIN file using Amiitool, generates a random tag serial, creates a new BIN file with the new serial, and encrypts it for use. Currently only set up for Windows but could easily be edited for use on Linux.

Purpose: When it comes to Amiibo emulators, you can backup your Amiibo to a BIN file and then emulate it using a device like N2 Elite or reusable tags. Some people even share these BIN files so they can emulate Amiibo they don't personally have. The downside to this is that these emulate the WHOLE Amiibo including the unique NTAG215 serial number. Some games keep track of the serial numbers you scan in order to impose restrictions such as limiting how often you can use an Amiibo (Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a recent example).

Some people get around this restriction by changing their system clock, however that trick will not work for every game or may have consequences. Like on many 3DS games, tampering with the system clock is known to enact a 48-hour or longer lockdown on all time based events. So I wondered if there was another way to scan the same Amiibo multiple times a day. I came up with changing the NTAG215 serial contained in the Amiibo BIN files and confirmed this makes the system see the Amiibo as a new one and thus can be scanned multiple times without needing to quit the game or change the time.

Usage: To use this tool, download the attached ZIP file and extract the folder and its contents. You will need Python 3 installed to use this. You can either drag and drop the Amiibo BIN file onto the python script file or you may run it from command line with this command:

Code:
python amiibo_sn.py "path/to/amiibo.bin"

It will generate a new file with _modified appended to the end in the same folder the original BIN file was in. Use this modified file with your emulating device and enjoy.

Note: You will need to supply your own key_retail.bin file as the keys are Nintendo copyright. If you don't have one already it's the same one used with tagmo and found in the most common places that Amiibo BIN files are shared.

If any mods feel this is better suited elsewhere, feel free to move without warning.
I modified the amiibo_sn.py file a bit more. I changed it so that it would increment the filename instead of amending the serial number to it.

PSA: The serial randomizer in the current version of powersaves will not work those who have their switch updated to >5.0.0. Until Datel updates the software with the randomizer fixed will have to do it with this. I’ve attached the corrected amiibo_sn.py above and on this post.

Attachments

• amiibo_sn.zip
    878 bytes · Views: 185
Last edited by Lil_SpazJoekp,
Reactions: simcity4japan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol