Hacking [Release] Amiibo BIN Serial Changer

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whelp, I've burned out my Power Tag as well. It's a bit odd, the portal continues to work with retail Amiibo so it's definitely the tag, however the tag can still be read by the developer and homebrew apps on the 3DS. I can even format it, write app data, register a Mii, etc. It just isn't seen or read by any games. Looks like the tag inside the Power Tag is fine but whatever additional circuitry is in there is busted.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...any way to batch the C# version? I'm trying to use the forfiles but I keep getting problems.
Code:
C:\Users\Graham\Desktop\Amiibos\AmiiboSN.Changer>forfiles /p C:\Users\Graham\Desktop\Amiibos\Amiibos /m *.bin /s /c "C:\Users\Graham\Desktop\Amiibos\AmiiboSN.Changer\asnc.exe \"@path\""
Seems that the quote marks around the files are not being passed along (and i have spaces in both my files and folder names)

okay, i fixed that problem. Now i have to deal with the problem that asnc.exe only works if you cd to it's directory...

Code:
forfiles /p C:\Users\Graham\Desktop\Amiibos\Amiibos /m *.bin /s /c "cmd /c C:\Users\Graham\Desktop\Amiibos\AmiiboSN.Changer\asnc.exe "@path""

thish should've worked, but i can't figure out where to comment out the quotes. And the time I spent doifn thins i problablyt could've done all 20 of my amiibos...
Code:
forfiles /p C:\Users\Graham\Desktop\Amiibos\Amiibos /m *.bin /s /c "cmd /c "cd "C:\Users\Graham\Desktop\Amiibos\AmiiboSN.Changer"" && "asnc.exe "@path""""

Last edited by Futurdreamz,

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
...any way to batch the C# version? I'm trying to use the forfiles but I keep getting problems.
Code:
C:\Users\Graham\Desktop\Amiibos\AmiiboSN.Changer>forfiles /p C:\Users\Graham\Desktop\Amiibos\Amiibos /m *.bin /s /c "C:\Users\Graham\Desktop\Amiibos\AmiiboSN.Changer\asnc.exe \"@path\""
Seems that the quote marks around the files are not being passed along (and i have spaces in both my files and folder names)

okay, i fixed that problem. Now i have to deal with the problem that asnc.exe only works if you cd to it's directory...

Code:
forfiles /p C:\Users\Graham\Desktop\Amiibos\Amiibos /m *.bin /s /c "cmd /c C:\Users\Graham\Desktop\Amiibos\AmiiboSN.Changer\asnc.exe "@path""
hmm. got interesting effects using the bash command.. It should be fixed now. Use this version: https://github.com/DarkIrata/AmiiboSN-Changer/releases/tag/v1.0.0.1
Forfiles somehow sets the wrong working directory. This will now be set correctly by the tool if needed.
The only thing i couldn't find out is, why it doesnt set the first argument (What should be set by default by the application). To fix this just change the last part from
Code:
AmiiboSN.Changer\asnc.exe \"@path\""
to
Code:
AmiiboSN.Changer\asnc.exe - @path

Full:
Code:
forfiles /p C:\Users\Graham\Desktop\Amiibos\Amiibos /m *.bin /s /c "cmd /c C:\Users\Graham\Desktop\Amiibos\AmiiboSN.Changer\asnc.exe - @path

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks. this command worked percetly:
Code:
 forfiles /p C:\Users\Graham\Desktop\Amiibos\Amiibos /m *.bin /s /c "cmd /c C:\Users\Graham\Desktop\Amiibos\AmiiboSN.Changer\asnc.exe @path"

It should work for anyone as a batch script, just they will have to change out the filepaths. Now I can copy them to my phone and set them all up on my N2.

Last edited by Futurdreamz,
Reactions: DarkIrata

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Just got my Powersaves today and the original amiibo worked fine, but the modified one using the script just doesn't work, BoTW gives the beep sound.
Also on a side note, would be nice if someone made a user friendly .exe, wouldn't take too long I think.

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
Just got my Powersaves today and the original amiibo worked fine, but the modified one using the script just doesn't work, BoTW gives the beep sound.
Also on a side note, would be nice if someone made a user friendly .exe, wouldn't take too long I think.
Do you can register the amiibo in the settings? If not => corrupted amiibo. Try again with another.
What is in your eyes a user friendly .exe? The python script and my copy as .exe are simple as it get. Or do you mean gui?

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Do you can register the amiibo in the settings? If not => corrupted amiibo. Try again with another.
What is in your eyes a user friendly .exe? The python script and my copy as .exe are simple as it get. Or do you mean gui?

Sorry, GUI.
I'm scared my powertag is not working, other powertags are working fine. Do they break easily?

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry, GUI.
I'm scared my powertag is not working, other powertags are working fine. Do they break easily?
When i'm home i will make a small GUI.

Mhmm, for what i read about powertag it is hard to say. I would more say, you can easily corrupt them by removing them to fast. But you hear so many different things, it is really hard to tell.. :/

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
When i'm home i will make a small GUI.

Mhmm, for what i read about powertag it is hard to say. I would more say, you can easily corrupt them by removing them to fast. But you hear so many different things, it is really hard to tell.. :/

I see, thanks for the help! I guess I'll contact the seller I bought it from hoping for a replacement.

EDIT: Here's a video showing my problem.

Note, these aren't even used powertags that have been written to repeatedly, I just got them.

Last edited by Jiehfeng,

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Off the top of my head:
Batch processing, but using forfiles in command prompt handles that.
Being able to define an output folder, but you can always move things after
Choosing if the file name gets appended or not, but I just use Renamer which has been a godsend for years.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I see, thanks for the help! I guess I'll contact the seller I bought it from hoping for a replacement.

Note, these aren't even used powertags that have been written to repeatedly, I just got them.

wow

seeing this video makes me think of turning those powertags into permanent amiibo and customize it tho it seems an expensive option when we could get a blank nfc for cheap but at least we dont end up with a useless tag.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
wow

seeing this video makes me think of turning those powertags into permanent amiibo and customize it tho it seems an expensive option when we could get a blank nfc for cheap but at least we dont end up with a useless tag.

It does seem like an expensive option now that I look at it this way. My tags aren't broken from repeated use, I just got them that way (2 of 11), though you probably should write under 5 times and keep it permanent. On the bright side you could put a sticker on it with a name so now you know which is which.

Oh btw, is it possible to use this NFC reader with regular NTAG215's?

Last edited by Jiehfeng,

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It does seem like an expensive option now that I look at it this way. My tags aren't broken from repeated use, I just got them that way (2 of 11), though you probably should write under 5 times and keep it permanent. On the bright side you could put a sticker on it with a name so now you know which is which.

Oh btw, is it possible to use this NFC reader with regular NTAG215's?

i can't remember which forum but someone said it doesnt work. Perhaps you'll be able to write to it but it won't be readable on your 3DS/Switch/WiiU but the USB device and Tagmo or amiibo apps will recognize it.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

anonymoose

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

That's not an issue with the powertags, more likely the .bin's you are using are broken or corrupted by the program.
Had the same problem and fixed it with reinstalling python.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
That's not an issue with the powertags, more likely the .bin's you are using are broken or corrupted by the program.
Had the same problem and fixed it with reinstalling python.

You kinda misunderstood there. I was using the same file with different powertags, and this python script was never involved.

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry, GUI.
Off the top of my head:
Batch processing, but using forfiles in command prompt handles that.
Being able to define an output folder, but you can always move things after
Choosing if the file name gets appended or not, but I just use Renamer which has been a godsend for years.
https://github.com/DarkIrata/AmiiboSN-Changer/releases/tag/v1.0.1.0
Here is a version with a gui.
Also it supports now a third parameter as output path.

Joey23475

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

now i have to check all of mines to make sure my consoles register them, did not expect some to not function out of the box.

if some do not work properly then the seller should be able to replace it for you since it is not working as intended.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
now i have to check all of mines to make sure my consoles register them, did not expect some to not function out of the box.

if some do not work properly then the seller should be able to replace it for you since it is not working as intended.

Yes, that's why I made the video. I sent it to them and they told me to try it in different angles, that obviously didn't work, and then they said they'll send replacements. I guess I have to wait and see.

https://github.com/DarkIrata/AmiiboSN-Changer/releases/tag/v1.0.1.0
Here is a version with a gui.
Also it supports now a third parameter as output path.

It's wonderful! It's exactly what I wanted. Thank you!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh btw, would anyone with sufficient technical skills try to open up a broken powertag and maybe diagnose the problem? :)

Last edited by Jiehfeng,
Reactions: DarkIrata

Joey23475

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that's why I made the video. I sent it to them and they told me to try it in different angles, that obviously didn't work, and then they said they'll send replacements. I guess I have to wait and see.

just scanned all 11 powertags and all functioned using different amiibos, including unreleased ones.

i guess its just a game of luck when getting them.

i also just noticed all 10 that came in were solid, i could shake them and it made no sound. the original that came with the base feels like its loose, i shake it and can hear the tag or whatever is inside of it shake. its still totally functional even with over a dozen re-writes to it. did any of yours come like my original one did?

Last edited by Joey23475,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1