Hacking [Release] Amiibo BIN Serial Changer

TheLastOfUs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now im worried flashing the powertags a lot.. it is just thru normal use or when using this software?

I believe when using this software to FARM/GRIND amiibo's quickly. Not good. As for general..I can't say. I know only 2 people who had theirs "stop working" by writing to it generally speaking

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that the powertag can get fried or corrupted, I'm not sure if it's a finite amount of read/writes or if I was doing too fast as well. It happened to me twice but luckily I live near many gamestops and exchanged it easily. It worked fine but when I use the serial changer to "farm" an amiibo quickly that's when it stopped working.
I see! Thank you for making an account and posting your experience here in my thread. So far I haven't experienced any issues with using my Power Tag and it is true that ANY data storage device has a finite number of writes but without knowing more about the Power Tag and what type of NFC tag it's using, we're in the unknown about how many writes it can do. While the script itself does not modify the Power Tag directly, this would be a general warning that should be issued by Datel about writing data and backups in general. If you reach the write limit to your Power Tag, you should be able to get a replacement here: Extra x3 Amiibo Powertag

Reactions: TheLastOfUs

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
I don't get how this works completely. I used your original version and got one modified bin file. Do I need to put this in many tags or one tag is just enough and every time I use it, it will be different? I'm using powersaves btw.

D

Deleted User

Typical. OP checks thread multiple times and is not responding to my PowerTag question. Silence is the biggest answer ever. Seems I will keep posting in this thread so OP does not end up ruining other people's PowerTag.

AVOID usage with PowerTag.

To person above me: They don't just "replace" the PowerTag. They will ask for EVERYTHING back. And you know how finicky the UPDATING hardware on the NFC writer is. I don't recommend it.

As I mentioned - I wrote 55 times to mine = DEAD PowerTag over the span of a solid 2 hours.

I don't recommend using this for your PowerTag. OP is severely not knowledgeable about PowerTags.

They ask for everything back, just put everything back in the box and exchange for a whole new set. Also, I used it about 100 times consecutively farming ore and arrows from the guardian amiibo. When it stopped working the switch couldn't read it and the powersaves writer couldn't detect it either, it still lit up and worked fine but the powertag just stopped working completely. I'm on my third one now and it works fine even though I used it at least 100 times so far, but I stopped "farming" very fast, only use it for things I need. Also I noticed it felt a little warm to the touch when the first one stopped working, not sure if its from my hands handling it alot or if the tag itself was getting warm.

I see! Thank you for making an account and posting your experience here in my thread. So far I haven't experienced any issues with using my Power Tag and it is true that ANY data storage device has a finite number of writes but without knowing more about the Power Tag and what type of NFC tag it's using, we're in the unknown about how many writes it can do. While the script itself does not modify the Power Tag directly, this would be a general warning that should be issued by Datel about writing data and backups in general. If you reach the write limit to your Power Tag, you should be able to get a replacement here: Extra x3 Amiibo Powertag

No problem, your program works as intended and does it well. It would probably be a lot better with the N2Elite since it can store like 100 amiibos at once so it wouldn't need to overwrite the data over and over again. I'm new to amiibos in general, but is there a way to modify the bin file to get the loot you want every time? Or is it randomized in game and the amiibo has no control over it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't get how this works completely. I used your original version and got one modified bin file. Do I need to put this in many tags or one tag is just enough and every time I use it, it will be different? I'm using powersaves btw.

Well the program generates a different modified file every time you use it, so if you generate 10 modified files of the same amiibo, you can use all 10 in game consecutively without changing the date in the system settings. With the powertag you need to use each file one by one, so using the powersaves software you write one modified file to it, use it in game, then write another one, use it in game and so on.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Joey23475

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They ask for everything back, just put everything back in the box and exchange for a whole new set. Also, I used it about 100 times consecutively farming ore and arrows from the guardian amiibo. When it stopped working the switch couldn't read it and the powersaves writer couldn't detect it either, it still lit up and worked fine but the powertag just stopped working completely. I'm on my third one now and it works fine even though I used it at least 100 times so far, but I stopped "farming" very fast, only use it for things I need. Also I noticed it felt a little warm to the touch when the first one stopped working, not sure if its from my hands handling it alot or if the tag itself was getting warm.

No problem, your program works as intended and does it well. It would probably be a lot better with the N2Elite since it can store like 100 amiibos at once so it wouldn't need to overwrite the data over and over again. I'm new to amiibos in general, but is there a way to modify the bin file to get the loot you want every time? Or is it randomized in game and the amiibo has no control over it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well the program generates a different modified file every time you use it, so if you generate 10 modified files of the same amiibo, you can use all 10 in game consecutively without changing the date in the system settings. With the powertag you need to use each file one by one, so using the powersaves software you write one modified file to it, use it in game, then write another one, use it in game and so on.

gamestop accepted 3 different returns? i wouldn't have expected that, would have seemed kinda weird returning the same product over and over again.

about your powertag, you say that you have used it at least 100 times and it is still functioning properly. would you mind posting when/if it ever dies out? i just want to have a idea of how long these things normally last so that i could see if buying a N2 elite for my PC would be worth it over buying multiple powertags (currently own 11).

what im thinking about doing is loading all 11 powertags with the same character (different serial numbers) and just scan all of them then change my system clock so that way i dont have to re-write constantly and i can save time by scanning 11 of the amiibos at once. this would lengthen the powertags life by not constantly having to write data to it, not have it be read/written every few seconds by the system+powersaves base. it would work out both ways, saving time and saving the powertag, since writing to a powertag with a new bin every minute is causing it to die and is time consuming, writing to many of them and then just having to change the system clock to keep scanning all of them seems like it takes less time (assumption on my part since i dont own a switch yet but i have BotW for it. i know, weird.)

Last edited by Joey23475,
D

Deleted User

gamestop accepted 3 different returns? i wouldn't have expected that, would have seemed kinda weird returning the same product over and over again.

about your powertag, you say that you have used it at least 100 times and it is still functioning properly. would you mind posting when/if it ever dies out? i just want to have a idea of how long these things normally last so that i could see if buying a N2 elite for my PC would be worth it over buying multiple powertags (currently own 11).

what im thinking about doing is loading all 11 powertags with the same character (different serial numbers) and just scan all of them then change my system clock so that way i dont have to re-write constantly and i can save time by scanning 11 of the amiibos at once. this would lengthen the powertags life by not constantly having to write data to it, not have it be read/written every few seconds by the system+powersaves base. it would work out both ways, saving time and saving the powertag, since writing to a powertag with a new bin every minute is causing it to die and is time consuming, writing to many of them and then just having to change the system clock to keep scanning all of them seems like it takes less time (assumption on my part since i dont own a switch yet but i have BotW for it. i know, weird.)

Gamestop accepted 2 exchanges, meaning I'm on my third one. And sure ill try to keep track of the number of times I use it, I really think that it would only stop working if you try to write to it back to back very quickly. Keep in mind that it stopped working for me when I was using the V2 serial changer to make 50 modified bins per session and just farmed it non-stop for an hour straight with about 10-20 sec intervals in between. And that seems like a good idea and less annoying than only using one at a time.

CivilNikko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am having some trouble getting this to work correctly. I have the latest version of python and V2 of the program. When i move my bins to amiibo_sn, the window just closes quickly. When i enter it in the command prompt and enter a quantity, it always states there is no "retail.bin" and aborts. I have tried with several amiibo.bins with no luck. Even amiibos I have gotten from a certain website are not working. I know I am missing something but cant figure it out. If someone wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. T

TheLastOfUs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamestop accepted 2 exchanges, meaning I'm on my third one. And sure ill try to keep track of the number of times I use it, I really think that it would only stop working if you try to write to it back to back very quickly. Keep in mind that it stopped working for me when I was using the V2 serial changer to make 50 modified bins per session and just farmed it non-stop for an hour straight with about 10-20 sec intervals in between. And that seems like a good idea and less annoying than only using one at a time.

Did you find any way to farm safely? I will not put any more of my PowerTags at risk farming. Not worth it. I did exactly what you did. 55 bins - back to back - 10 to 20 second intervals..sometimes as long as 30 seconds....and boom it stopped working.

Last edited by TheLastOfUs,

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
Did you find any way to farm safely? I will not put any more of my PowerTags at risk farming. Not worth it. I did exactly what you did. 55 bins - back to back - 10 to 20 second intervals..sometimes as long as 30 seconds....and boom it stopped working.
To give you an answer from what i saw.

OP does not claim the work of another, he just made a wrapper tool, which basicly only generate a new key, for the amiitool.exe so just need to enter a file name and all the missing parameters will be automatically set. Nothing more, nothing special. Only problem i see with this is pyhton, since i don't want install python for a small tool. But still it is a really good idea, props to op. I just remade it in c#.

Fried Powersaves.
It is really really really really really really hard to fry nfc tag. You have to send to much power to it. Only way => faulty nfc reader / writer.
Or the Tag itself had some issues. (loosy connection).
Interval doesn't change much.
The only other way would be to write faulty data to it. This can be corrupt data or selfmade bullshit. And no, bin's from this tool are still legit.

Any other questions?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am having some trouble getting this to work correctly. I have the latest version of python and V2 of the program. When i move my bins to amiibo_sn, the window just closes quickly. When i enter it in the command prompt and enter a quantity, it always states there is no "retail.bin" and aborts. I have tried with several amiibo.bins with no luck. Even amiibos I have gotten from a certain website are not working. I know I am missing something but cant figure it out. If someone wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. T
You're missing the key_retial.bin file as the script says and as the first post indicates you need to provide yourself. If you're getting Amiibo BINs online, then you should also be able to find the key_retail.bin file that you need to also place in the folder.

OP does not claim the work of another, he just made a wrapper tool, which basicly only generate a new key, for the amiitool.exe so just need to enter a file name and all the missing parameters will be automatically set. Nothing more, nothing special. Only problem i see with this is pyhton, since i don't want install python for a small tool. But still it is a really good idea, props to op. I just remade it in c#.

Fried Powersaves.
It is really really really really really really hard to fry nfc tag. You have to send to much power to it. Only way => faulty nfc reader / writer.
The only other way would be to write faulty data to it. This can be corrupt data or selfmade bullshit. And no, bin's from this tool are still legit.

Any other questions?
Thank you for your contributions! I would have loved to make it in C# but don't have that language under my belt so I made it in python. Python also works for those that may want the linux version of Amiitool. Personally I use a Mac and wish there was a Mac compatible version of it. As for the fried power tags, it's possible that the NFC Writer is bad or not up to spec. It has some proprietary stuff in it to act as a key for the power saves software. Also, the tag itself is a bit of an unknown and may have additional circuitry that's getting fried that's unrelated to the NFC tag itself. As for faulty data, amiitool takes care of validating the BINs and will give an error if the BIN is invalid so thanks for backing me up that the BINs are fine.

Last edited by DocKlokMan,
D

Deleted User

Fried Powersaves.

Any other questions?

Well just right now my third one stopped working, and I think I know why. Its probably bricking itself when you move the NFC tag away from its reader while its writing data resulting in a corrupted file. Really not sure, anyway I don't wanna spam this thread with power tag issues since the serial changer works great and is not the cause of any of these issues. I'm probably going to pick up an N2Elite anyway when I find it in stock.

Reactions: DarkIrata

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Fried Powersaves.

Any other questions?
Oh thank goodness i really didn't want to install python. I want to keep my system as free of random partially-used crap as possible. now I just need to get a bunch of Amiibo bins for my N2...

Railgun

( ' _ ' )
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh thank goodness i really didn't want to install python. I want to keep my system as free of random partially-used crap as possible. now I just need to get a bunch of Amiibo bins for my N2...

Just setup a VM using Virtualbox or something similiar. If your PC has decent specs the VM is pretty reliable and fast. Make a Snapshot right after the installation and use software you would never install on your main machine. If it breaks, just revert back to the snapshot you made. :)

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
Well just right now my third one stopped working, and I think I know why. Its probably bricking itself when you move the NFC tag away from its reader while its writing data resulting in a corrupted file. Really not sure, anyway I don't wanna spam this thread with power tag issues since the serial changer works great and is not the cause of any of these issues. I'm probably going to pick up an N2Elite anyway when I find it in stock.
Yeah that could it be. Same way i corrupted a few tags i wrote with my phone.

Here is the c# Version. Like i said, all props goes to AnalogMan
https://github.com/DarkIrata/AmiiboSN-Changer/releases/tag/v1.0

AFuen4321

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to make it work backwards, I have a wolf link amiibo and I have a hack wolf (full hearts) .bin I use with powertags, I would like to change the hacked .bin serial to the same ID as my wolf link so power save will let me "Restore" the hacked .bin file on my actual wolf amiibo.

TheLastOfUs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nope. I never touched my tags whilst writing. So while I don't think this is the case for me in the slightest, it could be a possible reason people's Tag stop working. Yet I doubt it's mine.

Anyways I picked up a N2 Elite bundle from a guy I knew. I wonder if that one also suffers from farming and getting fried.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to make it work backwards, I have a wolf link amiibo and I have a hack wolf (full hearts) .bin I use with powertags, I would like to change the hacked .bin serial to the same ID as my wolf link so power save will let me "Restore" the hacked .bin file on my actual wolf amiibo.
I believe there is already a tool like this. You load your hacked Amiibo.bin file and it gives you a spot to type in the UID you want it to be (the one from your actual figure) and it spits out the a new BIN.

Ah, here it is: AmiiPwn

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Um, stupid question, but how exactly do i use the C# version? I launch amiitool and asnc and nothing happens except a flash, and dragging a bin onto either does nothing either. there's no readme with the zip...

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
Um, stupid question, but how exactly do i use the C# version? I launch amiitool and asnc and nothing happens except a flash, and dragging a bin onto either does nothing either.
open up a cmd box and type asnc.exe "bin file path" amount (Example: asnc.exe "E:/amiibos/ToonZelda.bin" 5
Drag and Drop only works on the asnc.exe. The amiitool.exe is what gets called by the asnc.exe with the needed parameters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.