Homebrew [Release] 3DSBank - "Nintendo 3DS" folder selector

Od3stroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds like there's some weird issue with your SD card.
Try reformatting it here: https://dsi.cfw.guide/sd-card-setup.html
If the issue persists, then try another SD card.
haha not a fan of that solution, would take a whole night to transfer all of my contents to my PC. I've just noticed that my 7th home menu I was talking about was duplicated? The Nintendo 3DS folder on the root of the card takes the exact same amount of space as the 7th home menu folder, which is somehow in the 3DSBank folder as well. I am utterly confused as to how this happened, a folder like that can't be copied so fast. Not to mention my card should be out of space, but it isn't... I will try deleting the copy folder in the 3DSBank directory, and report back to you.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha not a fan of that solution, would take a whole night to transfer all of my contents to my PC. I've just noticed that my 7th home menu I was talking about was duplicated? The Nintendo 3DS folder on the root of the card takes the exact same amount of space as the 7th home menu folder, which is somehow in the 3DSBank folder as well. I am utterly confused as to how this happened, a folder like that can't be copied so fast. Not to mention my card should be out of space, but it isn't... I will try deleting the copy folder in the 3DSBank directory, and report back to you.
Wait, are you sure you're in the exact slot? It's normal for the folders to be persistent in each slot, but do the installed apps persist as well?

Od3stroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait, are you sure you're in the exact slot? It's normal for the folders to be persistent in each slot, but do the installed apps persist as well?
I am pretty certain, I usually do a quick visual scan of my apps to see that they're all loaded, and the custom themes exclusive to that particular home menu always appear as well. Just decided to back up the home menu folder in case something happens while deleting the other one, so it'll be a bit longer before I delete the redundant slot
Post automatically merged:

Alright so I backed up my 7th home menu folder (thank god), and tried deleting the slot in the 3DSBank folder. I turn on the system, and see nothing, just the default white theme, as well as the creating home menu management data prompt. I go to look on my pc, and on the card it reports the data as if I've removed only one of the home menus (which totals 144GB). In other words, the card went from 68GB free to 212GB free. I try going into the newly created "Nintendo 3DS" directory, and Windows tells me "Nintendo 3DS is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable". I tried going into my other directories, and they seem accessible, with no noticeable corrupt files. I hope that's the case. Currently backing up everything on my card, except for the useless Nintendo 3DS folder and the already backed up 7th home menu folder. I don't know if 3DSBank itself freezing was the cause of this, or the card came out of the factory with low quality, and possibly caused the freeze. It's a Sandisk Extreme Pro, valued $200 CAD on Amazon from the official Sandisk seller, I know for certain it isn't fake. Time will tell, I will try your suggestion of formatting the card after the backup process is complete. Maybe possibly test the card with h2testw as well.
Post automatically merged:

Final Update: I've successfully backed up all of my data before catastrophe... thank god. I had a spare card of the same capacity in my nds flashcard, so I just used that as my micro SD for my 3DS. Moved all my data there, and everything works there normally, including 3DSBank, which was freaking out. Tested my other card with h2testw, and the card is pretty much done for. The written data comes back as corrupted. Really does suck, but I'm so glad I was able to get my hours of data I worked for in one piece. I still have no idea as to what was the root cause of this. I don't know if it was me shutting of my 3DS when 3DSBank froze, or the micro SD coincidentally was failing right when using 3DSBank at that moment, thereby causing the freeze, and worsening the symptoms of the micro SD. Whatever the case thanks for your suggestions, seems I got it figured out.

Last edited by Od3stroyer,

Xeretinha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi! I've come to greets&thanks for this amazing tool!

But... I have, also, a little suggestion to do about an "add-on" for it, or something like...

First things first: I'v noticed that, when a new folder is made, it comes completely 'naked'! There'r totally no installed apps...
That's OK! It's the app proposal... But, how to install new apps, noob-friendly?!? Even "vital" jailbroken apps (as FBI, nShop, Universal Updater, Checkpoint etc) ARE NOT on this new folder! Then, it's mandatory to "reinstall" those apps manually at this new folder (atleast FBI, the most basic app to manage other apps w/o messing on storage using other device like a PC or something else) - wich is very noob-unfriendly (and, let's put this way, "less elegant")!
(By myself, initially, I'v made a "basically setuped backup" containing those essential apps only - no games yet - and each new folder created I manage to paste this backup inside the new folder. Functional, but if there is a new relevant app to be duplicated over the folders - like Ghost eShop, as example, wich one I'v meet only after starting to work with 3dsBank - I need to re-download it n/or messing with File Managers again.)

I guess you'v got the point... Even if got, lemme explain my ideas.
One of the solutions I'v tough is to have, inside the 3dsBank own interface, an 'app manager' whose only function is to (check if already exists and, if not) copy apps from other banks to the newly being created one (probably working from the original folder/recently made enviroment created from jailbreak ).
Other solution is a 3rd party app itself to do the above mentioned.
A very simpler solution is to assemble and host a pre-made autoextractable package (somewhat alike my above mentioned backup) to people download and apply each new folder.

I can imagine some other solutions yet, maybe a bit more complexes not only to implement but even to use after. So, letta restraint on these ones...

And so? Can be?

Thanks in advance!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I've come to greets&thanks for this amazing tool!

But... I have, also, a little suggestion to do about an "add-on" for it, or something like...

First things first: I'v noticed that, when a new folder is made, it comes completely 'naked'! There'r totally no installed apps...
That's OK! It's the app proposal... But, how to install new apps, noob-friendly?!? Even "vital" jailbroken apps (as FBI, nShop, Universal Updater, Checkpoint etc) ARE NOT on this new folder! Then, it's mandatory to "reinstall" those apps manually at this new folder (atleast FBI, the most basic app to manage other apps w/o messing on storage using other device like a PC or something else) - wich is very noob-unfriendly (and, let's put this way, "less elegant")!
(By myself, initially, I'v made a "basically setuped backup" containing those essential apps only - no games yet - and each new folder created I manage to paste this backup inside the new folder. Functional, but if there is a new relevant app to be duplicated over the folders - like Ghost eShop, as example, wich one I'v meet only after starting to work with 3dsBank - I need to re-download it n/or messing with File Managers again.)

I guess you'v got the point... Even if got, lemme explain my ideas.
One of the solutions I'v tough is to have, inside the 3dsBank own interface, an 'app manager' whose only function is to (check if already exists and, if not) copy apps from other banks to the newly being created one (probably working from the original folder/recently made enviroment created from jailbreak ).
Other solution is a 3rd party app itself to do the above mentioned.
A very simpler solution is to assemble and host a pre-made autoextractable package (somewhat alike my above mentioned backup) to people download and apply each new folder.

I can imagine some other solutions yet, maybe a bit more complexes not only to implement but even to use after. So, letta restraint on these ones...

And so? Can be?

Thanks in advance!
There would need to be a way for 3DSBank to recognize the apps inside the banked folders, before trying to transfer some apps over from one folder to a different one.

Xeretinha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I thought about that... Due this I'v mentioned the 3rd party app: since installed at the starter folder (the initial jailbroken setup folder, even before installing 3dsBank), it may can replicate the other installed apps to the desired folders. The advantage on this approach is avoiding to (hard) update the 3dsBank itself - you can just insert a simple message alert about the other app, or mention it on the 3dsBank database entry(es) to do people seek ahead for the complementary app by themselves! ;)

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any possibility to add a feature to boot into this app and pick a folder when turning the system on? No idea how any of this works, I just thought it'd be cool.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any possibility to add a feature to boot into this app and pick a folder when turning the system on? No idea how any of this works, I just thought it'd be cool.
You can have Luma autoboot into it by putting in the title ID (which you should see in FBI) in the Luma config file, and then turning on the autoboot feature in the Luma config menu.

Od3stroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just came back here to say that I experienced the issue where 3DSBank froze yet again when I selected a slot, although this time this particular micro SD card did not die. I eventually had to turn the 3DS off after it froze, to which it made a brand new home menu (as expected), but trying to select other slots in 3DSBank would not successfully change the home menu. Worrying that my card failed like last time, I backed up all of my data before doing anything else, only to find out that after I backed up my data, when I changed the slot number (in the config file of 3DSBank) to one of my existing home menus and renamed the corresponding slot folder to "Nintendo 3DS" and put it on my root, I was able to interact with my data normally on my 3DS. 3DSBank also started to work from there, and switching to different slots was seamless as it was before.

Based on this, I think it's safer to say that this whole 3DSBank freezing thing is either a hardware failure that happens pretty much .1% of the time, or a bug with 3DSBank that too happens .1% of the time.

legofordman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, is there a bug where the theme of the main 3ds menu will change to the default theme or change to the theme of another 3ds menu?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?