• Views 1,460,200
  • Replies 844
  • Likes 158

PandaMayFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is amazing, I haven't used a CIA for a game yet because the process seemed really long and overly complicated, will definitely be using this

Reactions: Margen67

Phytophthora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just updated program to support rxTools, let me know if it works.
Thanks, just tried it with Cubic Ninja and Rayman 3D (the 2 smallest games I have) and converting and installing works perfectly.
So for Gateway users who don't need region spoof it's perfect and so much faster than generating all the xorpads

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for the easy converter.

Does makerom require 4GB+ of RAM too?
Other CIA converters requires lot of RAM, multiple times the ROM size.

There are a lot of mekerom version and mods, did you updated the provided file with the latest version?
There's no "makerom_64" like you explained, so you probably changed it yesterday.

Edit:
The window opens in the center of both dual screen width, instead of the center of the main monitor.
Not a big issue, but I need to recenter it every time I launch it.

Riku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does makerom require 4GB+ of RAM too?
Other CIA converters requires lot of RAM, multiple times the ROM size.
It requires about the same amount of free RAM as actual ROM size. This is because of makerom's poorly done hashing procedure which requires you to load whole file into RAM before it can calculate hash. My program doesn't use much RAM itself (less than 10MB, I believe), since all writing done via filestream.
There are a lot of mekerom version and mods, did you updated the provided file with the latest version?
There's no "makerom_64" like you explained, so you probably changed it yesterday.
Yeah, since I couldn't find x86 version of makerom that works with 4GB roms I decided to use x64 version by default. 'makerom_x86.exe' there just in case, it's not used.
The window opens in the center of both dual screen width, instead of the center of the main monitor.
Not a big issue, but I need to recenter it every time I launch it.
Fixed it, thanks.

Riku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I rewrote my program, it doesn't need makerom anymore. It should be much more faster now and, hopefully, resolve memory issues. I don't have much time to test it right now so any feedback highly appreciated.
Manual does not work, is that normal?
It doesn't work in all your games? Are you sure game you converted have manual? Many early games don't have it. I only tested few and manual worked fine for me... need more feedback.

Phytophthora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I rewrote my program, it doesn't need makerom anymore. It should be much more faster now and, hopefully, resolve memory issues. I don't have much time to test it right now so any feedback highly appreciated.

It doesn't work in all your games? Are you sure game you converted have manual? Many early games don't have it. I only tested few and manual worked fine for me... need more feedback.

For me the manual works on every game (when a manual is shown) except MH4 (Japanese) on a European console

EDIT: Would it be possible that your programm accept .3DZ too without renaming?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmmz, i never used RXTools before, so any documentation on what to do with rxtools and the ncchinfo.bin?

I'm use to the following for creating cia/xorpads in 3DSLazy (what i already find a very easy tool to create cia files from 3ds roms)
- start 3dslazy and choose rom to create ncchinfo
- put ncchinfo.bin + a modified launcher.dat + slot0x25keyx.bin on sd and put it in 3ds to make xorpads
- place xorpads in 3dslazy folder and press create cia button and wait till it's finnished.
- done
Works so far everytime for me :)

Riku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible that your programm accept .3DZ too without renaming?
Just updated it, re-download and try.

Hmmz, i never used RXTools before, so any documentation on what to do with rxtools and the ncchinfo.bin?
You put 'rxTools.dat' along with 'ncchinfo.bin' in root of SD card, launch Internet Browser on your 3DS and enter this url: dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/go/?rxTools.dat
In few seconds you'll see rxTools menu on top screen where you choose 'Decryption Options --> Xorpad generation'.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium

You put 'rxTools.dat' along with 'ncchinfo.bin' in root of SD card, launch Internet Browser on your 3DS and enter this url: dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/go/?rxTools.dat
In few seconds you'll see rxTools menu on top screen where you choose 'Decryption Options --> Xorpad generation'.

Placed ncchinfo.bin + rxtool.dat + slot0x25keyx.bin on SD
started rxtool and gone to Decrytion Options -> Generate Xorpads
it shows a screen with this info:

- Working on ncchinfo.dat
- Creating pad 0: 100%

Then i get an error:

- Could not open SDinfo.bin!
- Press A to exit

Classic 3DS on FW4.5
3DS Simple CIA Converter v2.0b
Latest rxTools

Phytophthora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Placed ncchinfo.bin + rxtool.dat + slot0x25keyx.bin on SD
started rxtool and gone to Decrytion Options -> Generate Xorpads
it shows a screen with this info:

- Creating pad 0: 100%

Then i get an error:

- Could not open SDinfo.bin!
- Press A to exit

Classic 3DS on FW4.5
3DS Simple CIA Converter v2.0b
Latest rxTools

I think this error is normal.
SDinfo.bin is for some other kind of xorpads which we don't need for this tool

Reactions: Margen67 and DjoeN

jdrb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Manual seem to work on most , but some say I need to get from Eshop. Could be a region issue, not really concerned. Your method is so easy and worked 100%!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....