Rejuvenate: Native homebrew for PSVita (upcoming release)

Taken from yifanlu's blog at http://yifan.lu/2015/06/14/rejuvenate-native-homebrew-for-psvita/
(Sadly, they did not give me a spot at the Sony E3 conference, so I have to make do with this blog post.) I am excited to announce Rejuvenate, a native homebrew platform for PS Vita. The tools that will be released through the next couple of weeks will allow developers (not in contract with Sony) to develop and test games, apps, and more on the PS Vita. These unofficial software can run on any PS Vita handheld device without approval by Sony. These tools cannot enable pirated or backup games to run (I’m not just saying this… the exploits used does not have enough privilege to enable such tasks). Rejuvenate requires PlayStation Mobile Development Assistant to be installed on your Vita! Sony will remove this from PSN soon, so if you wish to ever run homebrew apps on your PS Vita, you must download this app now!

Schedule

Today, early beta access of Rejuvenate is being distributed to SDK developers (to complete and test the SDK) as well as hackers who will begin searching for more exploits (and hopefully bypass the current limitations)
By end of the month (or whenever Sony removes PSM DevAssistant from PSN), a public beta goes out. However, it is only recommended that homebrew developers use it as there would be no homebrew for users to try yet. Hopefully at this point, the open SDK would be complete and ready for developers to write apps.
When PSM is revoked, the directions for using PSM+ to bypass the revokes will be released.

Reactions: Digital.One.Entity

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
To note, I don't think it's possible to officially download the developer assistant anymore. Following the link on the website just takes you to the PSN page with nary a download link to be seen.

Edit: I'm guessing it's still contingent on having actually applied for the PSM developer license prior to the cutoff. Oh well. Looking at what's necessary for homebrew, it sounds like way too much of a pain in the ass still for my tastes.

Last edited by Nathan Drake,

Vappy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
To note, I don't think it's possible to officially download the developer assistant anymore. Following the link on the website just takes you to the PSN page with nary a download link to be seen.
It's probably still possible if you have a PS3 and use one of the tricks people were using to transfer the .pkg to their lower firmware Vitas. In which case, I wonder how long before people start selling "Vita Homebrew Enabler Installation" as a service...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I downloaded the Assistant pretty much as soon as they rolled it out because I was interested in the PSM platform and I can safely say that it is still downloadable as long as you have it in your Downloads List, which is great.

DPyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So... its better to upgrade my Vita from 3.18 to last fw and get a PSM or stay on this FW with TN-V and TN-x features? This exploit will be more useful and will can enable TN- function in future?

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok at the end i upgraded PSVita and download PSM... as Yifan Lu sayd, its not needed t have license, right? Only download and install PSM...

D

Deleted-355425

you dont need a licence a work around will be made public in a month or so.

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
So after Rejuvenate is released, VITA will become the most powerful portable system right?

PSP,SNES emulation will work without a hitch?

caboyzcoti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after Rejuvenate is released, VITA will become the most powerful portable system right?

PSP,SNES emulation will work without a hitch?
Those two are already working without a hitch for me. This seems like they legitamitely only want new developement and no piracy. I'm excited to see what homebrew comes from this. I'm also really excited as I'm learning to code right now so I may be able to join in on the fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm