Hacking Question ReINX and Tinfoil version on FW 2.2.0

rectec99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
So I've got ReINX injecting well on my Switch firmware 2.2.0 by using a cut sata power cable to enter in RCM, then injecting via TegraRCMGUI. It boots up fine, and I can access the homebrew menu from albums... HOWEVER. Tinfoil always shows as 0.0.1 within the menu, and when I open it I just get a white menu with nothing in it that locks up. I have to hard reboot my switch to get it working again. I've tried using the latest verison of Tinfoil precompiled from threads here as well as ReiNX from Darth Meteos and the direct ReiNX download. Am I missing something big here regarding tinfoil? Does it not work on 2.2.0? Is tinfoil supposed to be version 0.0.1? The latest prebuilt I've used is tinfoil-f6ce3cd.zip.

I sincerely appreciate the help, I've searched a ton on the forums as well as subreddits (who deleted my post for asking this question?). If I'm missing something big and easy feel free to blast me with a link. Thanks all.

milomc123

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
So I've got ReINX injecting well on my Switch firmware 2.2.0 by using a cut sata power cable to enter in RCM, then injecting via TegraRCMGUI. It boots up fine, and I can access the homebrew menu from albums... HOWEVER. Tinfoil always shows as 0.0.1 within the menu, and when I open it I just get a white menu with nothing in it that locks up. I have to hard reboot my switch to get it working again. I've tried using the latest verison of Tinfoil precompiled from threads here as well as ReiNX from Darth Meteos and the direct ReiNX download. Am I missing something big here regarding tinfoil? Does it not work on 2.2.0? Is tinfoil supposed to be version 0.0.1? The latest prebuilt I've used is tinfoil-f6ce3cd.zip.

I sincerely appreciate the help, I've searched a ton on the forums as well as subreddits (who deleted my post for asking this question?). If I'm missing something big and easy feel free to blast me with a link. Thanks all.
Try this:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C0vuAGLxENZ8sTjCq3uPMHTuEw3atT6o/view?usp=sharing
Also its supposed to say 0.0.1.

Reactions: Tumoche

rectec99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
Thanks milo, I notice this NRO is called Tinfoil-master.nro as opposed to just the Tinfoil.nro. Does this still go in the same location, (SD->switch->Tinfoil?)

I very much appreciate your help.

rectec99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
Unfortunately the same freeze. I've uploaded a pic of what my switch does when I try to open tinfoil. I can't press A like it says or do anything really, just have to hard reboot. In this case I used Darth Meteos Super Special SD Stash v4.0.1 on my switch sd card, with the tinfoil-master.nro you gave me in place of the tinfoil.nro in the "switch" folder. I then injected the ReiNX.bin from Darth Meteos. Same nice and easy boot, get into hbmenu, shows version 0.0.1, I click it and this screen.

Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

• freeze.jpg
    freeze.jpg
    902.4 KB · Views: 280
Last edited by rectec99,

milomc123

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Unfortunately the same freeze. My version still says 0.0.1 in the hbmenu as well. I've uploaded a pic of what my switch does when I try to open tinfoil. I can't press A like it says or do anything really, just have to hard reboot. In this case I used Darth Meteos Super Special SD Stash v4.0.1 on my switch sd card, with the tinfoil-master.nro you gave me in place of the tinfoil.nro in the "switch" folder. I then injected the ReiNX.bin from Darth Meteos. Same nice and easy boot, get into hbmenu, shows version 0.0.1, I click it and this screen.

Thanks again for your help.
Hmm strange, where did you get the Special SD Stash from?

rectec99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
I got it from here the Reswitched discord linked on the install page on this forum (wont let me post the link for some reason)

Although it looks like a new version was just uploaded at 7:20PM last night and is now just called sdfiles.zip. Interesting... going to download that and try again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Unfortunately with the new files I get the scrolling text after injection, the ReiNX splash screen of the anime chick, black screen, then stuck at Nintendo Switch. I guess this is kind of a new problem now O_O

milomc123

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I got it from here the Reswitched discord linked on the install page on this forum (wont let me post the link for some reason)

Although it looks like a new version was just uploaded at 7:20PM last night and is now just called sdfiles.zip. Interesting... going to download that and try again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Unfortunately with the new files I get the scrolling text after injection, the ReiNX splash screen of the anime chick, black screen, then stuck at Nintendo Switch. I guess this is kind of a new problem now O_O
Try hekate with sigpatches.

rectec99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
FYI, to anyone having a problem with the latest SDFiles from the discord... I removed "fs_mitm.kip" from sdfiles>ReiNX>sysmodules on my SDCard and it boots up great now...

Tinfoil still freezes on a white screen. BACK TO THE ORIGINAL PROBLEM! YAAAY!

EDIT: FYI I just updated to 5.1.0 normally and now it all works great.

Last edited by rectec99,

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try hekate with sigpatches.

I’m on 2.3.0, using Hekate with sigpatches, and Tinfoil launches to a black screen and freezes the console. ZeroTwoXCI will launch, but will fail to install.

That is what I am doing on 2.3.. no success, just a black screen that hangs.

Same. Black screen on 2.3.0. Is Tinfoil not compatible with 2.x.x?

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m on 2.3.0, using Hekate with sigpatches, and Tinfoil launches to a black screen and freezes the console. ZeroTwoXCI will launch, but will fail to install.

Same. Black screen on 2.3.0. Is Tinfoil not compatible with 2.x.x?
UPDATE: Looks like the version on SDSetup.com isn’t working. I used the version from ReiNX’s site, and it works well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay