Reinsert files of extracted base app? (0000009a.app)

cubes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm experimenting with the Wii system menu. Using "ThemeMii", I can download and extract the base app (0000009a.app) of my system menu 4.3. E.

Sadly there is no option to in "ThemeMii" to reinsert these files into a .app file again. There is only an option to create a theme which I dont want to do.

Is there any tool to get these files back into a base app?

Any help much appreciated!!!

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Messing with themes will brick your Wii if you don't do correctly.
Make sure first to backup your NAND, and have installed Priiloader and BootMii (as IOS and boot2 if possible) for have enough protection against brick and be able to restore the NAND in case of brick.

If you're really sure of install themes to your Wii Menu, here's a guide: https://wii.guide/themes

Cheers ;)

Reactions: jeannotte

cubes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello. Thanks for your reply.
I have a brick protection and many spare Wiis.
I don't want to install a theme, just play around with the menu files.

Reactions: SaulFabre

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'm experimenting with the Wii system menu. Using "ThemeMii", I can download and extract the base app (0000009a.app) of my system menu 4.3. E.

Sadly there is no option to in "ThemeMii" to reinsert these files into a .app file again. There is only an option to create a theme which I dont want to do.

Is there any tool to get these files back into a base app?

Any help much appreciated!!!
So you can download a base app, and you want to reinsert it into a base app? Doesn't make sense... did you mean to ask how you reinsert an app file into a system menu wad or something?

You can install app files in mymenuify as well as csm files, this is how one usually restores the standard system menu theme should they want to revert from a custom theme.

If you want to modify a system menu wad, you would grab the wad, unpack it with unpacker tools like WadMii and libwiisharp or something, then repack after modifying.

As previously said, modding system menus can be dangerous and lead to brick. If u have bootmii installed as boot2 you should be fine. However a safer solution would be to create an emunand, boot it successfully with neek to confirm it works, then modify the system menu in the extracted nand file system directly, no need to unpack/repack anything and install things to your real nand. You may have many wii's, but before bricking one pointlessly I'd sooner suggest you send it to me where I can give it a good home and protect it from Dr. Frankenstein, which I am now dubbing you. Lol, clearly now I'm joking/ranting, all in good fun :)

Reactions: cubes

cubes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the reply. ShowMiiWads seems to be doing what I need. (Repack the extracted .app files into an archive again)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Yeet the cat.