Hacking Reinjecting old saves after adding private header on Sky3ds Plus

goldensun695

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I just recently changed my private header on V112 of Sky3ds Plus and had to remove my old saves due to them being incompatible after the change. Not sure if I have done it correctly though due to the lack of up to date guides on changing private headers, I only changed the game saves key to my dumped private header unique key.

In any case, I have read some comments from posters on GBATemp suggesting that it is possible to reinject the old saves after changing the private header with SDVT.

Can anyone give me some guidance on how to modify the new save files using my old saves data that I backed up?

Would really appreciate the help.

Last edited by goldensun695,

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unsure how this header stuff works, but i would recommend you switch to running CFW over a sky3ds, which will allow you to run "backups" without needing to use headers to play online.

goldensun695

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I just prefer the drag and drop option on Sky3DS +, so would be good to figure out how to inject the old saves back in after editing my private header in settings.txt

Moving aside, I also have Luma and A9lh after following 3ds.guide. Assuming I install the cia games I had on my Sky3DS +, would I be able to use my old saves from my Sky3DS +? I do not want to love my saves progress I had when I was using Sky3DS +.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I just prefer the drag and drop option on Sky3DS +, so would be good to figure out how to inject the old saves back in after editing my private header in settings.txt

Moving aside, I also have Luma and A9lh after following 3ds.guide. Assuming I install the cia games I had on my Sky3DS +, would I be able to use my old saves from my Sky3DS +? I do not want to love my saves progress I had when I was using Sky3DS +.
If you can get your old saves working again you'll be able to use JKSM to export them and import them to the cia versions. Make sure you don't sell your Sky3DS before you extract all the saves though. You need the cartridge.

goldensun695

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The old saves do not work anymore because the private header has been added to the settings.txt file in Sky3DS plus. I am not sure if it can be reversed but wondering if I can use SVDT to modify the new saves with the old saves files?

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Without the decryption key (which is the privateheader of the game) your saves are data garbage. You can't alter anything if the saves cannot be read.
You need to decrypt the working saves either with savedatafiler or jksm so you can reencrypt them with the new header.
Nothing else you can do.

goldensun695

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Great, so it is possible to use the old saves despite the new private header. How would I decrypt the old saves on my PC and then inject them back into the game cart?

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to revert back to the header you were using, use a save manager such as JKSM to backup a decrypted copy of the save, swap to your new private header, and then restore the saves using the save manager.

Reactions: Zidapi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0CRJXGVB7/ref=ox_sc_act_image_8?smid=A27UZHF4R1YWN7&psc=1