Hacking ReiNand boot into blackscreen

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: ReiNand kept staying on the boot screen, never booted in the unofficial boot.firm. ReiNand isn't **OFFICIALLY** Boot9Strap compatible

Weird I just booted into ReiNand directly and I am on B9S 1.2!! I renamed Luma boot.firm to Lumaboot.firm and took the ReiNand .firm out of luma/payloads dropped it in the root as boot.firm and voila I boot perfectly fine into ReiNand.

Last edited by stl25,

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird I just booted into ReiNand directly and I am on B9S 1.2!! I renamed Luma boot.firm to Lumaboot.firm and took the ReiNand .firm out of luma/payloads dropped it in the root as boot.firm and voila I boot perfectly fine into ReiNand.
like I said ReiNand doesn't officially support B9S, please prove me wrong though

holymario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can do this with a black SD card. You just need the cfw files to boot.
So try booting into Luma3DS first. If it boots, update to 11.4, then setup ReiNAND.
Could you tell me what files I need to have on that card? maybe a screenshot? I really don't want to do things wrong at this point ^^'

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Could you tell me what files I need to have on that card? maybe a screenshot? I really don't want to do things wrong at this point ^^'
With Luma3DS, you just need the boot.firm from the latest build
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

If that works then you need to update to 11.4, then grab the ReiNAND build from my post. Extract that to the root of your SD card, replacing the boot.firm and your older /rei folder. As well you need to download the "firmware.bin." Which you need to place in the /rei folder.
After all of that, everything should be working for you.

holymario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
With Luma3DS, you just need the boot.firm from the latest build
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

If that works then you need to update to 11.4, then grab the ReiNAND build from my post. Extract that to the root of your SD card, replacing the boot.firm and your older /rei folder. As well you need to download the "firmware.bin." Which you need to place in the /rei folder.
After all of that, everything should be working for you.
I put the boot.firm from 8.1 (released an hour ago) and the 8.0 I did the setup with. Both sadly didn't work. Right now nothing is on that sd card other than the boot.firm

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
EDIT: ReiNand kept staying on the boot screen, never booted in the unofficial boot.firm. ReiNand isn't **OFFICIALLY** Boot9Strap compatible
Yes, it actually does officially support B9S. I am the tester for ReiNAND. Please stop spreading misinformation.
I put the boot.firm from 8.1 (released an hour ago) and the 8.0 I did the
setup with. Both sadly didn't work. Right now nothing is on that sd card other than the boot.firm
That's rather odd. What guide did you follow to setting up B9S?
like I said ReiNand doesn't officially support B9S, please prove me wrong though
I am the tester, Crimson is one of the official devs. I posted an official working build right on the thread. Crimson is just cleaning the code before posting it.
It still officially supports B9S. How do I know? Because I tested it before it was launched.

Last edited by The Catboy,

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
Luma is much more stable, ReiNand is discontinued
No its not lol. Im working on it
Dude. Have you not seen the latest commit. It literally says "gdi crimson" refering to myself. I am a contributor on the git project and can push code to it. I havent yet because my code is in a shit hole atm, and is only slightly functional.

Last edited by CrimsonMaple,

Prillexed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
me and my friend each put ReiNand on our New 3ds I stopped updating because I was lazy but my friend kept updating because well it was save. Never encountered any problem with it. This week he contactet me that after an update his 3ds boots into a blackscreen and the Home Menu won't load. Any idea how we could fix this? is this even know? We hacked our 3ds more than months ago if not half a year or so.
Any advice on what we could do? He'll come over tomorrow so we can try to fix his 3ds. Though first I will see if he can still boot into sysnand.

Thanks in advance
Has he got the necessary files on the SD card? if not check your guide you used to hack in the first place and grab all the files needed im no expert with reinand because i use luma cfw, but if you do manage to fix it go over to luma it will save you the hassle in the future as it can be run without an sd card so never a fatal blackscreen :D basically he must've removed some files if not does it have a chainloader? like hold start and you get up a menu to go to godmode9? because if you can transfer the boot files into ctrnand and see if it boots then.. im not sure how to help but i can try! :)

holymario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, it actually does officially support B9S. I am the tester for ReiNAND. Please stop spreading misinformation.

That's rather odd. What guide did you follow to setting up B9S?

I am the tester, Crimson is one of the official devs. I posted an official working build right on the thread. Crimson is just cleaning the code before posting it.
It still officially supports B9S. How do I know? Because I tested it before it was launched.
I used this guide: https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(homebrew-launcher)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0