• Nope, no care about that

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • No, but i will do it one day

Votes: 58 42.6%
  • Yes, on rednand and it works !

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Yes, on sysnand and it works !

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • Yes, on sysnand AND rednand and it works !

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nope, i bricked my rednand

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Nope, i bricked my Wii U

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean for discs
I recommend using either CFG Loader or TinyLoad on vWii. Both can load out-of-region discs.

Pros and Cons of CFG Loader:
  • Better compatibility with some games.
  • Properly reports what game you've been playing in the Wii Message Board playlog.
  • Takes longer to wait for the GUI to start up, then select the option to load a disc.
Pros and Cons of TinyLoad:
  • Instantly loads into your disc game.
  • Lower compatibility with some games.
  • Does not report what game you've been playing in the Wii Message Board playlog, instead only showing Homebrew Channel.
Choose whichever sounds like the better option.

Last edited by Irastris,

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, questions...
It will stop bricks from wrong game region instalation?
It will always be dependent of python or maybe someone will can create a single elf that you run once and unlock forevah. Because have to link wiiu to pc and insert terminal commands is boring. But is a great find, congratulations.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, questions...
It will stop bricks from wrong game region instalation?
It will always be dependent of python or maybe someone will can create a single elf that you run once and unlock forevah. Because have to link wiiu to pc and insert terminal commands is boring. But is a great find, congratulations.
Installing out of region titles does not brick a console. Never has, never will.

I think you've misunderstood this tutorial. You only have to do this once, not for every game.
If you really think it's "boring" to take less than 5 minutes inputting the commands to unlock region-free, then Wii U hacking is not for you.

Last edited by Irastris,
Reactions: plyscho

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Installing out of region titles does not brick a console. Never has, never will.

I think you've misunderstood this tutorial. You only have to do this once, not for every game.
If you really think it's "boring" to take less than 5 minutes inputting the commands to unlock region-free, then Wii U hacking is not for you.

Well, its not what they say. When I read the instructions to install the games, more than one tutorial warn me to only install games with the same region as my console to not brick it.
I really had write bad here, i know it only need one time to unlock, my problem is more about have to be connected. Also I really expect a more clean way to do it.

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, its not what they say. When I read the instructions to install the games, more than one tutorial warn me to only install games with the same region as my console to not brick it.
I really had write bad here, i know it only need one time to unlock, my problem is more about have to be connected. Also I really expect a more clean way to do it.
I've heard the same thing. With regionhax there is no risk of brick. What is the problem with connecting your Wii U with your PC for a few seconds? Or is the problem compiling IOSUHAX?

Btw, I recommend this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-regionhax-installer-noob-friendly.449036/

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Notes :
Be very careful the the region you select, it has to be your CONSOLE region.
I am not responsible if you Wii U Brick. I did many test to make sure this script is safe.
DO NOT MODIFY THE SCRIPT

Reasons for possible brick :
- Your wifi connexion or your PC crash during file upload (0.1s)
- You modify my script for fun..

I´m ok, I will wait more.
Anyway, i dont get something, why i need a fw.img for sysnand? For rednand ok, but sysnand is not the console internal or is also amulated? 3ds have sysnand and emunand and works this way.

Last edited by Enigma Hall,

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, i dont get something, why i need a fw.img for sysnand? For rednand ok, but sysnand is not the console internal or is also amulated? 3ds have sysnand and emunand and works this way.
fw.img is what contains the patches that make stuff like pirated eShop games and pirated VC games and NUSpacked titles work. Without the patches, the Wii U will refuse to install and run titles such as those.

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival (EUR)
US RegionHax console

error: 150-3033
Says USB power issue, but drive powered from wall and no other games have issues.

Can confirm I have the same issue. Error 150-3032 if running from System Memory, 150-3033 if running from USB.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Anything modifiable through wupclient?

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ticket isn't the issue, I own the game and can get the ticket myself. Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival isn't available on the eShop in the USA, and there's no WUD that can be extracted/installed.
Ah, I see. Well in that case, even on the Loadiine compatility list it says the game just doesn't work on US consoles.
I'll do some testing of my own and see if I can figure something out for you guys.

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
fw.img is what contains the patches that make stuff like pirated eShop games and pirated VC games and NUSpacked titles work. Without the patches, the Wii U will refuse to install and run titles such as those.
But i cant have the free region without it? First time it sounds like a change in the nand or internal file. But now i see it only change a file emulated with the sd card. I dont want eshop games, I only want install multiregion titles without this fw.img.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But i cant have the free region without it? First time it sounds like a change in the nand or internal file. But now i see it only change a file emulated with the sd card. I dont want eshop games, I only want install multiregion titles without this fw.img.

Of course you can have RegionHax without fw.img. Just follow the tutorial in OP.

You still need fw.img to apply the hack, but from then on you will not need to load fw.img again.

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You load fw.ing, which runs the WUPServer, which allows you to connect to your Wii U from your PC. Once you have used your PC to modify sys_prod.xml according to the instructions in the first post, then you don't need fw.img any longer if your goal is only to install and run titles using disk tickets.

buhdiego

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Eur games on my USA console work fine for me... except Mario Kart 8 EUR (freezes at splash screen with an awful sound), Paper Mario Color Splash (gives me an error screen that I don't remember the numbers now) and Toad Treasure Hunter (also hangs on splash screen but no awful sound)

Dunno if that is because I already had those games on USA region installed before and they're conflicting somehow... I was thinking about formatting my wii u, but i have some original eshop bought games that i don't want to have all the work to install them all over again...

if someone had the same issue and managed to solve it, please tell me how you did it... i would do anything to play paper mario EUR because it has portuguese language (as I was playing the EUR version on loadiine and was used to play it in portugues that is my native language)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-