Hacking RegionFour Released By Smealum!

Zlyphor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tried it using with a Sky3DS version of Cubic Ninja on 9.7.0-25J and it just crashes the game and restarts the system.
EDIT: Woops, forgot to set it to 'NEW'. Anyways, awesome work with the exploit. Didn't think it would happen but it did!

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
If you are already on 9.6! Why stay on 9.6? i think there is no advantage if you are on 9.6 and to stay on 9.6
I got my 9.6 updated to 9.7 so i could download my eshop updates and games before Nintendo brings out 9.8 (or higher)

yea sure, i was on 9.2 why didn't i just updated to 9.4? there is no reason to stay at 9.2 i should just update it..
this is what happened.

Reactions: xfxmrl

RahFah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Amazing! Works perfect here with my sky3ds and US New 3DS XL!

One question: Is normal to 3ds crash (screen freeze and no response) if I press the "home" button?

Nic333

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

One question: Is normal to 3ds crash (screen freeze and no response) if I press the "home" button?

Yes, this is because Home Menu doesn't like out-of-region titles running.

Since what handles region lock is the Title Icon, and home menu try to load that icon, it crashes because you aren't supposed to run a out-of-region title.

Reactions: Margen67 and RahFah

pbsk8

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can I use cubic ninja on my sky3ds?

My exploit for GW on new 3ds LL I was using it like that.

maybe toucan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Need I put something like Launcher.dat or other patch to make it available for region free on n3ds 9.7?
I tried many times but show error on main menu after scanning the code.

RahFah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Need I put something like Launcher.dat or other patch to make it available for region free on n3ds 9.7?
I tried many times but show error on main menu after scanning the code.
No, nothing on SD. Just scan the code.

On the regionfour site, make sure to select "new" before the firmware version.

D

Deleted-19228

can this be the beginning for the gateway supporting 9.3-9.7?

This is literally only for 9.2 and 9.7, nothing else supported.

If you are already on 9.6! Why stay on 9.6? i think there is no advantage if you are on 9.6 and to stay on 9.6
I got my 9.6 updated to 9.7 so i could download my eshop updates and games before Nintendo brings out 9.8 (or higher)

9.6 doesn't work for this exploit. Only 9.2 and 9.7.

Rezwan739

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works on n3dsxl US latest firmware Using Sky3ds(blue). Playing Attack on Titan(jp). Only problem is i donot know Japanese, everything else is perfect B-)

Reactions: RahFah

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Yes, this is because Home Menu doesn't like out-of-region titles running.

Since what handles region lock is the Title Icon, and home menu try to load that icon, it crashes because you aren't supposed to run a out-of-region title.
Nah IIRC the real reason is when you launch a title through ns HOME isn't launched, thus returning to it isn't possible.
The region thing is just a byte in the icon and HOME reads all icons just fine.

smealum

growing up sucks.
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
O3ds 9.6 here, will you had support for firmware between 9.2 and 9.7? i didnt wanted to update..
or i can select 9.7 and use that way?

i was just too lazy for that. my reasoning is if you're below 9.5 you can use regionthree, and if you're on 9.6 there's no reason not to update to 9.7, so i only made a version for 9.2 (easier to dev) and 9.7 (latest version).

Nah IIRC the real reason is when you launch a title through ns HOME isn't launched, thus returning to it isn't possible.
The region thing is just a byte in the icon and HOME reads all icons just fine.

no nic333 is right actually. this method indeed doesn't launch home menu, but hitting the home button makes NS launch it. after that it's not entirely clear why but home menu freaks the fuck out if it sees an out-of-region game running. this can easily be confirmed by running a pokemon game through regionthree/FOUR : it can return to menu just fine, which makes sense because the pokemon games' icons have no region restriction.

the best way to exit/return to menu is to press the power button and then home.

MeisterFenster

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm 100% sure that X and Y are region free.
And I'm 99% sure that OR and AS are region free too.

ORAS are 100% not regionfree, I have a EUR game and JP console and the console shows the cartridge, but it can not be launched. And I think X/Y has the same problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.