Hacking RegionFour Released By Smealum!

RahFah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First, sorry for the crappy video, but i almost never upload something to youtube :P

Uploaded a Video of Cubic Ninja retail cart and Sky3DS. (N3DS XL FW 9.0.7-25E)
As you can see on the end, i press the HOME button to show you the freezing and how to get it fixed (Yes, just remove the game cart :P ) without pressing long the power button to turn (N)3DS off

This video shows regionfour working with Cubic Ninja and an out of region game, both on Sky3DS, The out of region games is written right behind Cubic Ninja, if not it will not work. (N3DS XL FW 9.0.7-25E)

Great video.

I put three games on my sky3ds (using in my n3ds 9.7 US):
Cubic Ninja (US), Mario and Luigi (EUR) and Mario Vs Donkey Kong (JAP).

I run Cubic Ninja to start the regionfour and when show to change the game and press start, I press the blue on my sky3ds and wait the lights stop blinking. Now the game loaded is the second game on my sd (In this case, Mario and Luigi).

If I what to play the third game (in this case, Mario vs DK) I just press the blue button again and wait.

Finally I press the start button and play the game.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll ask again, since Cubic ninja became so hard to find.. Any chance that this can work with Bangai-o Spirits, which I believe was able to do some of the other NinjaHax stuff?

Reactions: Margen67

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Great video.

I put three games on my sky3ds (using in my n3ds 9.7 US):
Cubic Ninja (US), Mario and Luigi (EUR) and Mario Vs Donkey Kong (JAP).

I run Cubic Ninja to start the regionfour and when show to change the game and press start, I press the blue on my sky3ds and wait the lights stop blinking. Now the game loaded is the second game on my sd (In this case, Mario and Luigi).

If I what to play the third game (in this case, Mario vs DK) I just press the blue button again and wait.

Finally I press the start button and play the game.

I don't know if that will work, since you press the button it's the same as switching gamecart, so if you press again you switch again the gamecart.
BUT, we will only know if you try it :)

Reactions: RahFah

Nic333

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The pokemon games are region locked from cartridges because nintendo use the icon to tell the region, I've read.
The eShop version uses the titleid, which is the same in all regions I know of.

Confusion isn't just a pokemon move I guess.

Not actually, The Pokemon games are region locked by the Update data and not by the Icon, the main CXI are region free for all regions
Look at this quote from the 3DBrew:
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Home_Menu
Region Lockout

One of the Home Menu's functions, is to regulate region lockout. The region lockout data for any given title is held in the ICN data. There are 6 regions of which have their own region lockout, Japan, USA, Europe(including Nintendo Australia), China, Taiwan and Korea. There is also a value which makes a title exempt from region lockout, and consequently accessible from any region of 3DS.
The region-field stored in the ICN-data is only checked when Home Menu itself launches a title, not when other titles use NS to have Home Menu launch titles. This isn't actually useful for gamecard region-free however, due to the gamecard system-updates, see below.
Also note that while some gamecard games are mostly region-free(main CXI is identical for all regions of the gamecard), those gamecards can't actually be launched with all 3DS regions due to the gamecard system-update, see below. Note that the main CXI being identical for all regions of a gamecard also means the savedata keyY is identical for all regions of that gamecard too(except for old system-version <v2.2 games, in some cases, due to different cardIDs).

Reactions: Margen67

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
So does this mean I can update my new 3ds to the latest and not have to use cfw 2.2? Will home brew channel still work if I update?

No, don't update if you are on 9.2 or lower on your N3DS
You WILL LOSE your homebrew functionality!

Sucker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I tried this method in the morning & it worked fine.
But when I tried it an hour ago,When I try to insert my Japanese game,it popped up an error and brought me back to the home screen.

dhira_atman

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
sorry to bother. i have a jap new 3dsxl, planning to buy mh4u to play with my brother's 3dsxl mh4u legit. with this exploit, is it possible to download us mh4u dlc for playing with my bro? thx in advance.

felixthecat1970

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello, thanks smealum for you work; here some test on Japanese new 3ds 9.7.0.25j

project zone X usa = OK , English
Zelda link between two worlds usa = OK , English
Zelda ocarina of time Usa = English , but 3D head tracking not work

Maybe bug in the exploit, meanwhile I test more games.

froggydarren

Trophies
XP
Country
tested using a sky3ds running latest firmware tried sega 3d collection jap retail and it loads the menu up fine but when I select a game to play the screen cuts out and reboots back to the 3ds menu :(

only game I wanted to try lol....

edit... seems space harrier works pops up something to do with the sd card and bam loads but all others hang the console :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: