瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
smile.gif
ok, so i am on a brand new 4.1E console, i couldn't install bootmii as boot2, and, i THINK i have a d3-2 drive, as i couldn't run a gc backup (the gc backup loader just restarted my wii when it read it)
can i convert my wii to a 4.1J?
will i have to unistall dvdx, the mios i needed for gc loader, and bootmii ios and the hbc?
i read that some wiis can't region swap, as doing this puts the region down to 3.2, and some wiis cannot handle new the older firmwares.
is my wii one of those un-regionchangeable (as yet)?
do i have to 'downgrade' whilst changing my region, or can i just go straight to J?
(i have lots of japanese wii retail disks, so, since my drive can't play backups (i think) then, i have to swap the region to play them)
thank you so much! i am worried about bricking it, as i have no bootmii in boot2
frown.gif

shepe

Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't try and downgrade at all m8 youl end up with a brick, the easiest thing I can think of for you to do would be to install a USB loader and play your games from that as you will be able to play games from different regions then the only thing I don't think you can do anything about is gamecube backups as there isn't a USB loader for GC games.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
hi, i know i can't play gc games, from usb, and as i said, i have many retail disk that i would like to use, and also want to buy more
smile.gif

it is possible to downgrade from 4.1 to 3.2, but i'm just asking if there is anything specific to my wii that i stated which will let me not do this.
thank you!

dai-a

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
No. You will brick if you are on 4.2 and you region changed a wii.

Since you can't install bootmii as boot2, you can't downgrade past 4.0
Because you have a boot2v4 wii.
4.x has more to offer than 3.2 does. Just stick with your 4.2E and modify with one of the guides here.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
you can... but it's not for newbies to attempt in their first time on a wii that can just install bootmii as ISO.

done some region changing on quite a few wii's, and you don't need to go to down 3.2 just to region 4.1 is fine

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Yes, indeed it would be possible to go to 3.2

I did downgrade my japanese 4.1 Wii(kuro) to 3.2 withouth a problem. Oh and I changed region to 3.2E

But I never was on 4.2 with it.

Edit: I forgot to mention: You could play your retail games via USB loader... no hassle, no danger of bricking.

frenchderf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
As i experiment before and as Dai-a said. If you do not experience a brick in the process of region change to 4.2. You will certainly get a bluetooth black screen of death (wiimote will never sync again) or other problems. I worked with one almost saved by preloader but no success (region seems to be unset and bluetooth is dead because of unplugging wii when in off mode (red led))

So region change is OK until 4.1

Frenchderf

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
lol. i did it
smile.gif

it was a kind of a long process, i had to downgrade to 4.0J from 4.1E, then trucha some stuff, before or after that (i forget) then use any region changer, then waninoko's region tool for one of it's options, then delete the rest over E channels, then install them via wiiscu, and now it's perfect
smile.gif

well... i'm missing the photo channel, and when i download it via wiiscu, it doesn't appear... but it still shows up in anytitle deleter, so it is there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay