Hacking Region locks and flashcarts?

Sko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm considering buying an Acekard 2i or an M3i Zero (haven't decided yet). I was just wondering if I can buy them from ShopTemp (that i suppose is american) for my european DSi. I want the service "Premium Updates" from ShopTemp since I only have an 1.4 DSi and for an Acekard 2i you need a 1.3 or previous version of DS firmware to update the compatability, I've heard. If I wouldn't need that, I've would have just bought it here.

Anybody who knows?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Flashcarts are not region locked in any way. I would recommend getting the AK2i instead of the M3iZero since those users seem to be having quite some trouble kicking their team into gear. You heard right about what the premium updates are (dunno if they changed to updating for 1.4.1 but it doesn't really make a difference)...

Sko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for answering!

Yeah, I've heard alot good stuff about the AK2i but it doesn't have real time save, a feature that i would probably love since I like to play for just short periods of times, like when riding the bus and such.

It's a tough choice. The AK2i has some advantages too.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Sko said:
Thanks for answering!

Yeah, I've heard alot good stuff about the AK2i but it doesn't have real time save, a feature that i would probably love since I like to play for just short periods of times, like when riding the bus and such.

The RTS in the M3Real/iZero is kinda glitchy... I do not reccomend it. Get an AK2i, most DS games have a Quicksave feature OR you could just leave your DS on sleep mode anyways.

Sko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Goli said:
Sko said:
Thanks for answering!

The RTS in the M3Real/iZero is kinda glitchy... I do not reccomend it. Get an AK2i, most DS games have a Quicksave feature OR you could just leave your DS on sleep mode anyways.
What is glitchy about it? Do saves dissapear?

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I managed to use it two times, this happened:
-One time my save got corrupted.
-Another, when I loaded the game the graphics were all messed up.
The games also crash sometimes when exiting the RTS menu.

Sko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, thanks. I should probably stay away from it in that case. I think I'm going to order an AK2i now. Hoping that everything will work.

Thanks for the answers!

Djay187

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sko said:
Goli said:
Sko said:
Thanks for answering!

What is glitchy about it? Do saves dissapear?
Can't say I've had RTS's disappear but it doesn't work with every game and the M3 Team really have given up on the support of their card. There's been no updates for the M3i Zero since September, I know the AK2i relies on Normmatt and the rest of the AKAIO Team with the official AK team giving no support what so ever but Normmatt's definitely reliable and AKAIO is a beautiful firmware which now has Anti-Piracy measures.
As far as compatibility of roms is concerned you can't beat the AK2i with AKAIO apart from maybe a Supercard DSTwo but they're at least twice as expensive.
Hope this helps.

Sko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Djay187 said:
Can't say I've had RTS's disappear but it doesn't work with every game and the M3 Team really have given up on the support of their card. There's been no updates for the M3i Zero since September, I know the AK2i relies on Normmatt and the rest of the AKAIO Team with the official AK team giving no support what so ever but Normmatt's definitely reliable and AKAIO is a beautiful firmware which now has Anti-Piracy measures.
As far as compatibility of roms is concerned you can't beat the AK2i with AKAIO apart from maybe a Supercard DSTwo but they're at least twice as expensive.
Hope this helps.
It did help. Order is sent for an AK2i. I hope that I'll be happy with my choice.

Thanks everyone, again.

I'm not sure about my choice of shipping though. I chose a shipping that cost more than half of the order itself (haha?
wink.gif
) I want it fast since I want it for a 5-6h long trainride. Just to be sure of it getting here in time I chose to ship it here for 18.49, or something (I'm such a sucker...). I realize now that it's kind of stupid, though. It would have had more than 3 weeks to get here in time.

Oh well, it isn't the end of the world.

Sko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I've thought about that. I didn't think it would save much battery as I only thought it was the screen that shut down. But if it's like a sleep mode, then I guess RTS doesn't matter that much.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Djay187 said:
I know the AK2i relies on Normmatt and the rest of the AKAIO Team with the official AK team giving no support what so ever
It's been mentioned a few times, though often overlooked, but the AceKard team doesn't 'give no support'.
They were one of the first teams to release an update for 1.4.1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: