Hacking Region Free Wii games not an option in PreLoader hacks?

priapism

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just installed PreLoader .28 and when i went to choose which hacks to enable there wasn't an option for Region Free Wii games.
there is an option for Region Free GC games though.

i had no other hacks previously installed so i know another program like Starfall doesn't have it enabled because i never had Starfall installed.

is Region Free Wii games automatic with some other program i installed previously? how do i enable Region Free Wii games?

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been wondering the same thing. I've been told by people that the new softmii has that feature already built in but yet whenever i load pikmin pal on my ntsc wii i get a black screen and it never loads.

priapism

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JJBro1 said:
I've been wondering the same thing. I've been told by people that the new softmii has that feature already built in but yet whenever i load pikmin pal on my ntsc wii i get a black screen and it never loads.

i think Pikmin and HotD might be exceptions to playing Region Free. i heard that both of those games have issues whne trying to play the PAL version on an NTSC Wii.

can anyone confirm that SoftMii 2.1.1 has built in Region Free for Wii games? there is actaully no hack option to turn it on or off?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the game contains no NTSC format video (in the game you have downloaded) it wont run via disk channel.

Majority of games contain PAL and NTSC format video, and so appear to work "region free".

They will however run perfectly through any gamma channel, and if necessary you can force the modes through gamma too.

The region free wii games hack in preloader does nothing.

The built inn region free is via ARC "enhanced region free" this also doesnt work for me + only way to remove is reinstall clean system menu.

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KiiWii said:
If the game contains no NTSC format video (in the game you have downloaded) it wont run via disk channel.

Majority of games contain PAL and NTSC format video, and so appear to work "region free".

They will however run perfectly through any gamma channel, and if necessary you can force the modes through gamma too.

The region free wii games hack in preloader does nothing.

The built inn region free is via ARC "enhanced region free" this also doesnt work for me + only way to remove is reinstall clean system menu.
ya i think priapism is right because pikmin wouldn't work in the gamma channel ntsc forced or not.

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here is a repost of what I put on softmii forums about PAL games not working on NTSC. Got House of Dead and Pikmin working this way...just read.

Specs first:

I am running Riskii 2.0 (old school softmii, you know) with preloader .27 with force disc region and region free hacks OFF. Since they are handled by AnyRegionChanger (correct?). On a newer type TV, flat screen HD capable.

First of all most PAL games I've tried work flawlessly throught the Disc channel. Thank you very much. But here comes the important part..

Until recently I've had a sizable stack of PAL WII games that would not display properly (or at all) on my NTSC console. The games in question would show up in the disc loader but when I attempted to play them they simply black screened and my wiimote shut off. Or they would appear in black and white with Up scrolling issues. If the game black screened in the disc channel I attempted to run it in WIIgator's gamma loader and I would still encounter the black & white and scrolling issues.

I thought I was going to have to trash those discs but I held onto them.
And...BAM I found a decent FIX for MOST of the problem games.

1. I purchaced a set of COMPONENT CABLES. You know...the Green, Blue, Red video type instead of the set of composite cables (yellow, red,white) which come with every WII.

2. I have to play the problem discs through WIIgators gamma loader still, which is fine. I don't think I had to mess with any settings in Wiigator's loader to make them work either. Riskii/Softmii disc channel is a great otherwise and it handles some games better and is easier then the wiigator loader in some cases.

The component cables made all my problem games display in full color and solved the scrolling issue on all but 2 games. I fixed about 10 games by doing this. Bomberman land and The simpsons are still problems, tried with softchip loader as well. Doesn't make much sense...

But anyway...I hope this might help others who have the same problem.

Soo in recap.

1. Use a TV with component inputs
1. Buy some component cables (got mine used for $20)
2. Disable Region free and Forced region hacks in preloader
3. Run wiiGator gamma loader.

If all this is common knowledge then sorry =)

Here is a list of the PAL games that were fixed by this setup
Warioware
No more Heros
Army Men
House Of Dead Overkill
Pikmin
Rogue trooper
Wii Music
Raving Rabbids TV party
Ninja Bread man

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.