Hacking ReggieNext with NSMBU support released!

wingedkoopa67

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ultramarioworld.wix.com
XP
Country
United States
How did you get it working, how do you pull the original .szs files for it? I can see them in cafiine server but what next? 1-39.szs???
You use TCPGeckoDotNet and click the "Read FSA" button. It should freeze for a min or so, and then it'll show all of the disk's files. Head to vol\content\Common\course_res_pack and it'll show all the levels. Right click the course_res_pack folder and you can rip all the levels. Takes a while, though.

Reactions: Reecey

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
You use TCPGeckoDotNet and click the "Read FSA" button. It should freeze for a min or so, and then it'll show all of the disk's files. Head to vol\content\Common\course_res_pack and it'll show all the levels. Right click the course_res_pack folder and you can rip all the levels. Takes a while, though.
So much.

I'm dumping mario kart 8 files, and that takes an eternity :cry:

Reactions: wingedkoopa67

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
Of course there's no difference between the real editor and yours. You stole it and copied it.
And why Shame on mr rean? He's a dev, he's allowed to release his own software.

Shame on you. You need to be banned
I assume you are saying there is no difference between "ReggieU" (a stolen and renamed old reggie next with nsmbu support) and the actual reggie next with nsmbu support?
How about pretty much everything under the "What's supported?" section of the first post?

Isn't this pointless with Mario Maker releasing soon?
This would allow for more advanced levels in some ways, and for documenting NSMBU.

---------

Bug report (My ISP is blocking rom hacking sites accidentally again [eyeroll smiley here], so I can't post it on the new site):
JYkIJkC.png

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah thanks I need the osdriver thats what I am missing? it errors wrong os. I must of missed a file down the line of things.

wingedkoopa67

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ultramarioworld.wix.com
XP
Country
United States

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: wingedkoopa67

wingedkoopa67

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ultramarioworld.wix.com
XP
Country
United States
I figured out how you recompile your edited levels. I was a dumb dumb and hit the wrong button. :P
But still, why ReggieNext doesn't already have this implemented into the program is strange.
Here's the steps for anyone else having trouble:

1. Download Uwizard: http://wiiubrew.net/sdm_downloads/uwizard/ (The download button is at the bottom)
2. Open up Uwizard and click on the "Archive Manager" tab
3. Click "Compress SZS", select your Level and name the output file.
4. Grab some lunch, take a walk, go to a game, see a movie or even go to freaking bed because this compile is gonna take a LONG time. (Usually about 1-2 Hours)

5. Then follow this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-custom-levels-in-new-super-mario-bros-u-fw-5-3-2.395758/

6. Have fun! : ) else i steal yo monies

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I figured out how you recompile your edited levels. I was a dumb dumb and hit the wrong button. :P
But still, why ReggieNext doesn't already have this implemented into the program is strange.

1. Download Uwizard: http://wiiubrew.net/sdm_downloads/uwizard/ (The download button is at the bottom)
4. Grab some lunch, take a walk, go to a game, see a movie or even go to freaking bed because this compile is gonna take a LONG time. (Usually about 1-2 Hours)

5. Then follow this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-custom-levels-in-new-super-mario-bros-u-fw-5-3-2.395758/

How do you save your new edited level properly with the app.? Thanks for the info on that bit I was just about to ask you that :)

also how do you change a sprite from say a goomba to the squiral looking character.

Last edited by Reecey,

wj44

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Use Wimms SZS TOOL(It's much quicker).
Code:
wszst compress input.szs --dest compressed.szs

Last edited by wj44,

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Cant you just overwrite a normal level and save it with the same name put it in the course folder, that's what I have been doing and then run it via cafiiine?

Last edited by Reecey,

wj44

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I open cmd then what do I do to get the output file? Sorry I really have no idea you will have to explain.
Create a new folder.
extract the file from bat.zip.
Copy your edited level into the newfolder.
Open compress.bat in your Editor.
change input.szs to the name of your level file.
Doubleclick the bat file.

Attachments

• bat.zip
    205 bytes · Views: 139

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Create a new folder.
Thanks. How do I create my .sarc file from the NSMBU editor?. I have done my level but when I click on new level to save it, it just exits the editor.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Create a new folder.
Open compress.bat in your Editor. How do I do this bit trying it out now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.