GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Just a little heads up, after updating to that driver set a while ago I was getting crashes. Windows was claiming a BSOD but my monitor would be stuck on a frame (similar to overheating vid card symptoms) so I decided it was the drivers causing this ruckus so I reverted to the 197.13 set and L4D2 runs fine without the BSOD. Just thought this would be nice to know if you were recently crashing after this driver update.

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the heads up! I installed them recently but I've only played Just Cause 2 lately. I do run SpeedFan in my system tray to monitor the temperature while playing and it hasn't gone above my normal temps.

I'll be sure to keep monitoring it now that you've mentioned this.

Also, no BSODs for me, yet.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
The BSODs weren't due to temps, but the crash was similar to the temp crashes. Also, the BSODs weren't too frequent but a crash is a crash and it is frustrating while gaming.

Also, Just Cause 2 = 1337

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes I did. Hal.dll and a few other hardware related system files were suddenly stopping. After reverting, they seemed fine and could keep the card under control.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Having a few issues with 197.45 also on Windows 7 x64. Occasionally aero will simply stop. It'll fix itself with time, or I need to reboot/relog. The video playback issue in Media Player Classic, which Nvidia claimed to have fixed still remains for me also. Thankfully no BSODs.

Slightly older driver version works better for me. Will stick with them until Nvidia release another driver version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I like electronics that use detachable cables, that way if the cable breaks you can just swap in a new one instead of replacing the whole unit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Ween-er :creep:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    they make brown music. lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Brown note
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    for keyboards, headphones or controllers ,it's a must have
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why mice won't get with detachable type c
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    most battery operated mice don't even work anymore if the internal battery dies
    the L hdmi adapters work great on my tv and receiver. so much less stress on the ports using them than regular cables. in that instance anyway.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A bigger battery could defeat the need for weighted magnets tbf
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Nowadays pc mice come as light as can be, liked mine with some heft
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like holding girth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I also listen to Beck, some of their songs are fine. Only found out about them through Windows Me; you know, that one operating system nobody ever likes?
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out