Refurbished PSPs

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Yanazake, Jul 18, 2009.

Jul 18, 2009

Refurbished PSPs by Yanazake at 6:47 PM (591 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Yanazake
    OP

Member Yanazake GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I've been looking for this product since I heard about "Refurbished DSs" and discovered the meaning of it. I finally found one to buy, but I wonder... Would this kind of PSP be able to receive a fully working CFW? I know that some PSP slims can't be hacked, and I really wonder if it would be possible to do so, since information on the firmware and motherboard aren't displayed in the site I found on purpose, and there is no original box.

Please share your thoughts about this, and if needed, I'll post info on where I found it.

2. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    as long as you can get a psp with 5.03 OFW and under
    your fine

3000s and newer 2000s and use 5.03 OFW with chickHenR2 and CFW Enabler, they CANT run REAL CFW

if you have older 2000 or a 1000 you can use with 5.03 OFW chickHenR2 and hellcat's recovery Flasher v1.60
    if you have 5.05+ use. Pandora Battery and magic Memory stick

look for a older slim or Phat

3. Yanazake
    OP

Member Yanazake GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Little problem: I have no way to know if it's an old or new version of the PSP slim being sold, mostly because I'm not in USA and can't check the store.

4. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    There's a way to check. If you have firmware 5.03 or lower, update to 5.03 only and boot into ChickHEN (after installation, of course). From there, get the homebrew app PSPIdent, and it'll tell you if you can install CFW on your PSP.