Hacking Reformatting an R4 SDHC with Mac?

wolfandlamb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Okay hi there guys, this is my first post so sorry if this has been asked/answered a million times before.
Anyway, here's the deal:
I've had my R4 SDHC for about a year now, and just recently it's started to freeze up while playing games or loading. EDIT: When I say 'loading' I mean the initial start-up screen that says 'Warning- Health and Safety' etc etc. (Could this suggest a problem with the actual DS itself?) Now I'm aware that often its because the cart isn't contacting the ds properly, but I figure maybe I'll give reformatting my card a go anyway just to be sure.
I'm using a Macbook btw.

So once I open up Disk Utility and select the format to 'MS-DOS' (which it already was btw), do I then click "erase"? Should I do this for the main disk or just the subdisk? Does anything need to be backed up/copied before I do this? And once the data is erased, is it necessary to re-download and reinstall the firmware and such? My R4 came already formatted so I haven't done all this before.

Any help is much appreciated
smile.gif
Thanks.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Try it with the subdisk first, also get a program called "Cleanup SMB Mess" (mthr recommended it to me) it is useful for when you delete things off your USB but it says the space is not freed up. Also use YSMenu it is way better.

wolfandlamb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
PettingZoo said:
Try it with the subdisk first, also get a program called "Cleanup SMB Mess" (mthr recommended it to me) it is useful for when you delete things off your USB but it says the space is not freed up. Also use YSMenu it is way better.

Thank you, that should be helpful
biggrin.gif

After I erase the data do I have to re-add all the system files and such though?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7