Hacking Redundant No More Heroes Thread!

MrSlut

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. So I've been reviewing this topic for a while now, and haven't come to any definitive conclusions. Maybe I've not mastered an effective search, or I'm just plain dumb, but most every thread I've read (on this forum, and others) seems to have some variable that is not specific to my scenario.

First off, I'm using: (in no particular order, and including possibly irrelevant factoids)

HBC 1.0.1
NTSC unit with 3.2U firmware.
Wiigator's 0.3 Gamma launcher. (cIOS249 is listed when launching backups)
cIOS36 rev7.
Shop channel Fix.
Mii channel Fix.
(the iso was 4.14G if that makes any difference)

burning with IMGburn @ 4x onto Verbatim DVD-r. I also verify each burn, and received no errors)

I got on the boat a little late, so I've not installed any previous loaders, cIOS, etc. (I used djTaz's guide to mod, to whom I owe a HUGE thank you, as everything has worked beautifully thus far, save for this backup, and an as-of-yet unresolved crash in Super Paper Mario right as I collect the second pure heart).

In Gamma, I'm checking vidPatch as YES, and YES to removing copy-whatever before rebooting to load from the disc channel. Oh, and I've checked the hooks as GC... I've fiddled with many different settings, but from what I gather, that's just about right. Please correct me if it's not.

It shows up in disc channel just fine, and loads all the splash screens etc. Then I get the DRE right before the title screen. So I eject the disc, and re-insert it. It works around half of the time. I got all the way through assassin #9, before the seemingly random crashes/DREs start. Sometimes it happens in the limo, sometimes when biking through town. It always gives the same DRE. Sometimes reinserting the disc works, sometimes not.

I'm going to guess it's a bad burn, but maybe there's something I've overlooked. Any suggestions??? Should I try burning at different speeds? or with different media (to my understanding, what I'm using is pretty much the "industry" standard)?

Thanks in advance for putting up with my noobish redundant post, and for any wisdom you may bestow upon me.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. Make sure you really use the rev7 cIOS. Check it with SoftChip, or delete it with AnyTitleDeleter and reinstall it with WiiGator's or Waninkoko's official installer.
2. Random crashes which are not reproducible==> bad burn

jqwest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i get the same error with no more heroes at the same part....some games just dont work well with the backup loaders.....i tried softchip r.75 and gamma. same problem. Also my chipped wii plays the game just fine so its not the burn

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jqwest said:
i get the same error with no more heroes at the same part....some games just dont work well with the backup loaders.....i tried softchip r.75 and gamma. same problem. Also my chipped wii plays the game just fine so its not the burn

Are you using the beta cIOS? This would explain it.

MrSlut

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upon further inspection, I dont' think I have rev7 installed at all. I guess I failed to read djtaz's guide step for step, or got a file mixed up somewhere down the line. I'm going to use rev7 and see how that works.

EidolonDeprave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a problem trying to find a working ISO for No More Heroes the first 2 would freeze and not play properly. But I finally buckled down and copied over my own ISO for the game and worked like a charm! So it may not be a bad burn it may be a bad ISO that seems like the case to me so far. A lot of the ISO i downloaded that were compressed either didn't work at all or would run slow during cut scenes or while loading items in the game. But then i started to dump my own ISO's and every single one has worked without fail so far. So if you can get your hands on the game and make you own or try to download a new ISO it took me a few tries to find working ones for some games.

stephan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my brother had played that game and he played to the end, so i can tell you that yourd game was a bad burn. Try to fetch it somewhere else (my copy was downloaded from Tleech). See ya.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
stephan said:
Well my brother had played that game and he played to the end, so i can tell you that yourd game was a bad burn. Try to fetch it somewhere else (my copy was downloaded from Tleech). See ya.

In 90% of cases a game which works for others doesn't work it's either bad burn or wrong cIOS/loader. In this case it's wrong cIOS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT