Rednand shows "Sys 9.2.0" Not "Emu 9.2.0" #363

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Spiret, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Spiret
    OP

Spiret Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    United States
    After following everything on Plailect's guide on part 3 up to step 26, I am stuck on this step. I open homebrew via menuhax on boot of my 2ds and open luma, I've selected "Show current nand in system settings" and I after that I press start and it then loads into the home menu successfully, however, after that is done I open system settings and it just shows "Sys 9.2.0-20U" and I'm not really sure if I'm on rednand or not or if I should update. How to solve this?

2. ADS3500

ADS3500 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2016
    Canada
    Rednand is supposed to say sys. Sysnand says ver.

Edit: I was wrong, don't update.

Last edited by ADS3500, Aug 21, 2016
  3. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    If it says Sys, DO NOT UPDATE. When you exit System Settings on RedNAND, you are booted back into SysNAND. Re-enter RedNAND, make sure your version says Emu 9.2.0 THEN UPDATE REDNAND WITHOUT LEAVING SYSTEM SETTINGS.

Also, be sure that "Show current NAND in System Settings" IS selected.

RedNAND is supposed to say Emu, not Sys. SysNAND says Sys, hence the "Sys". :/

Last edited by KunoichiZ, Aug 21, 2016
    Darkyose likes this.
  4. ADS3500

ADS3500 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2016
    Canada
    Oops. I'm used to Arm9loaderhax saying sys instead of ver, so I got confused even though A9LH is on the sysnand.

5. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 16, 2015
    Still nonsense. Booting an emunand in a9lh still shows up as "Emu". The vast majority of people roll with just sysnand in a9lh, but that doesn't mean Luma (in this case the one responsible for the string version change) does his job wrong. Luma puts "Emu" everytime it launches emu/rednand. And on top of that, "Show firmware version" is a deselectable luma option -> disabling entirely the string replacement and showing "ver." again, in any kind of boot.

tommikinder and KunoichiZ like this.
  6. gkoelho

gkoelho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2015
    Brazil
    Just create a folder on your rednand. your sysnand will not have it, making easy to know on which nand you are without needing to open system settings.

7. Spiret
    OP

Spiret Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    United States
    My problem with this is that I AM "booting" into rednand. Everytime I open Luma on homebrews and go to system setting it always says Sys 9.2.0. I am not sure what I did wrong. Now on regular sysnand, it just says Ver 9.2.0

8. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    I assume you're on the latest version of Luma3DS. Try switching to v5.5 for the remainer of the guide and then updating to v6.0.1 when you finish the guide.

9. Spiret
    OP

Spiret Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    United States
    And v5.5 still shows the same thing with the Sys 9.2.0

10. ADS3500

ADS3500 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2016
    Canada
    I know. I used to have RXtools so it always said RX beside it and I switched to luma after installing A9LH, so I never saw it say emu beside it. I knew something was wrong when I was typing my first reply, but I decided to post it anyways for some reason.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Are your nands unlinked? You might be able to do an offline update using sysupdater, but you should look into it because I'm not sure if it will just update your emunand.

11. Spiret
    OP

Spiret Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    United States
    No idea because I'm not even sure if I have a Rednand going or not because it just doesn't wanna work.

12. ADS3500

ADS3500 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2016
    Canada
    You can check if you're in a different nand by changing the theme and menu layout on one of them. If it goes to a different theme when selecting luma, that means you're in emunand. If you formatted sysnand after creating emunand, your nands should be unlinked. If you haven't created an emunand yet, you should wait because the guide is getting a huge update soon that will skip the emunand part.

13. Spiret
    OP

Spiret Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    United States
    They are linked actually.

14. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Use TinyFormat on SysNAND to unlink them then reset up menuhax.

Xenon Hacks likes this.
  15. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    @Spiret I wouldn't bother waiting. A month ago it was "in the next few days". A few days ago it was "this weekend". Just copy & paste the guide (in case it updates while you're part way through) and keep going.

16. trinhno

trinhno GBAtemp Regular

Aug 5, 2015
    Senegal
    Delete the config file inside the Luma folder and try again. You may have checked "Autoboot SysNAND".

17. justln

justln GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2013
    Your Luma config is screwed up. Delete, download and replace the luma files in your SD card.

18. ADS3500

ADS3500 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2016
    Canada
    Yesterday dark_samus3 said that the update is almost ready and releasing soon. You can see it at the bottom of this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/plailect-bible-update.438737/

astronautlevel and Quantumcat like this.
  19. szymon170

szymon170 Pr0FessiuNal HelPeR wiTh HaxXX

Jan 2, 2016
    Poland
    Where I live
    Did you set up Red NAND properly in the first place?

20. Spiret
    OP

Spiret Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    United States
    If I can't get Rednand to work at all I probably will just wait for this update then cause I've tried multiple times deleting and replacing all the luma files and I followed everything exactly on Part 3. Autoboot sysnand was never checked for me yet it always like boots into sysnand and I always checked Show current nand in system settings. I tried 5.5 already, no difference same with 5.4 and so on..