CreatoX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there,

This is my first post and I'm a total noob. I tried to find answers searching google, but without any luck. I hope my questions can be answered by you.

I used this tut: https://hackinformer.com/2016/12/12/wiiu-rednand-cfw-tutorial/ (without the coldboot)

As the title suggest, I had some problems. For a few days I had RedNand booting fine from the Mocha Channel. But suddenly RedNand did not boot anymore. The Mocha startup screen did not go away.
I did however get the menu when holding "B" when Mocha boots. So mocha was working fine.
Long story short:
After re-inserting the SLC and SLCCMPT backups into the SD-card, RedNand was booting again.
I made a backup of the SLC and SLCCMPT before inserting/overwriting, but restoring one of those let RedNand not boot anymore.

Any idea how this could happen?

I have no knowledge of those dumps, but it made me curious what all those different files are "mlc.full, slc.full, slcmpt.full, otp.bin and seeprom.bin". Could not find an article explaining the differences.

Anyone who can explain the what these files mean and contain?

After RedNand was 'fixed' some games did not boot anymore. The error was pointing me to the Memory manager. The strange thing... some games did work...
After re-placing the game(s) with WUP, the game(s) did start without any problem. Also the savegames where there (this was my biggest concern). All games are on an external USB drive.

Someone who can explain this behavior? Is there something I did that can caused this?

Last question:

When I use RedNand, where are the savegames stored? Somewhere in RedNand or in a global save location?

Hope you can help me answering some of my questions. Thank you.

D

Deleted User

Like Marko said, ditch redNAND.
We already have sigpatches & region-free within sysnand. [Haxchi CFW, CBHC CFW, Mocha CFW]
and method to install games with "braziliyan methud".

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There were lots of people that made guides when rednand came out. People still use those guides for some reason. There are newer and better hacks. I'll try and list all the current hacks.

1. Regular nand, no CFW = Brazilian method
2. Loadiine = runs games from SD and USB fat32. No online play.
3. CFW
A. CBHC = easiest no hassel method for hacks. You have to have HaxChi installed (see below) and just like every other console, you can brick if you're a moron.
B. HaxChi = no brick risk at all. One extra click than CBHC
C. Mocha = best used by users who cant/aren't willing to shell out less than 10 bucks for a DS game for HaxChi
D. RedNAND = For people who want to mess around with altering OS system files for mods. 0% risk of brick. Wii U runs on the hidden partition of SD so if you fuck up you only destroy your emulated nand on SD. No vWii support.

If you want to install titles from your region you can use "Brazilian Method' without any CFW or hacks. You'll need to gain access to HBL and WUP installer to perform "Brazilian Method" but once you reboot you'll have a standard Wii U with the game you want to play on the system menu.

If you want to install DLC that you didn't pay for or any other non-signed title (like Homebrew Launcher Channel) you'll need CFW. All CFW's are region free. I recommend CBHC

Last edited by Kafluke,

CreatoX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you for the responses.

The tut I followed dates from 12/12/16, so I thought it was very up-to date :) They sugested to install RedNAND and so I did.

Now going for CBHC!

Reactions: Kafluke

Ricolard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there !

I tried to find some help among you with an issue i've met with cbhc.

CBHC WORKS !!! At least that's what i thought. Everytime i want the wiiu booted, its okay, when i tried to play cds games, no issue as expected. BUT I CANT PLAY DOWNLOADED GAMES ! I tried wiiu usb helper several times and when i install the game and launch it for the 1st time, the wiiu makes the update then launch the game. THEN GENERAL FREEEEEEZZZZZZEEEE ^^!

I used to play with my game on a usb key it worked fine, with a cfw. But when i tried it few days ago, it wasn't work so i updated to CBHC which seemed to be well installed...

What did i do wrong ? Does anybody have an idea ? Ask if you need any further information ! Thanks ahead for help !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...