Reddit instead of digg

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Sonicslasher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Sonicslasher
    OP

Sonicslasher In Law we trust.

Dec 5, 2005
    United States
    Richmond, VA
    Digg's userbase has been taken over by spambots and auto-submitters ever since v4 went into effect. Because of that, their collective community has gone on to better lands. So pray tell why are we using them now to spread our news? If there's any site we should use, it should be Reddit. Anyone else feel that way?
    [​IMG]

2. dib

dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 1, 2004
    United States
    I would support that. I was never active around Digg but I did browse it occasionally when bored, and it has gone downhill since the management started trying to profit from it. It's difficult to conceive that these developments are purely accidental rather than by design. And the only way they'll ever get the message is if the Digg audience jumps ship.

All it took for me was to delete the bookmark and I won't miss much, but I'm sure the followers will want some alternative. I've never even visited Reddit but it sounds as good as any.

3. shaunj66

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    Yes I completely agree. In fact I've myself migrated from Digg to Reddit after the v4 abomination and have already suggested to Costello (who implemented the Digg feature), that we switch to a better system. I recommended this one actually: http://www.addthis.com

We'll probably add this one: [​IMG]

You can use hundreds of services using this one, including Reddit, Facebook etc. [​IMG]

We'll implement the new system soon

4. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

Global Moderator
    Aug 29, 2008
    United States
    Las Vegas, NV
    When Digg was the only site of it's kind that didn't frontpage the PS3 Jailbreak story, I pretty much knew that I would be done with Digg.

5. mariogameonline

mariogameonline Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2010
    United States
    I even dunno how to use Digg or Reddit [​IMG]

can anyone help me?