Hacking Red Steel 2 disc update

Freudian Lemur

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2008
Messages
213
Reaction score
1
Trophies
1
Age
35
Location
Manchester
Website
Visit site
XP
185
Country
I just bought Red Steel 2 and I have disc updates blocked on my homebrew enabled Wii. I'm currently on system menu 4.1E and I've been closely controlling the updating of my Wii since 3.5. Does anyone know if the game contains any updates required to play it, or if there are any updated IOSs I should get?
 
So the game will simply not run at all if I'm missing anything?
That's great, thanks for your reply!
biggrin.gif
 
I just got finished burning Red Steel 2 and it starts up and I can start the game but when the first cut scene comes it starts and lags and when some guy comes it says "The Disc could not be read". Does anybody know how to fix this?
 
Wiiownzzz said:
I just got finished burning Red Steel 2 and it starts up and I can start the game but when the first cut scene comes it starts and lags and when some guy comes it says "The Disc could not be read". Does anybody know how to fix this?
Skip the cutscene?
 
tattar8 said:
Wiiownzzz said:
I just got finished burning Red Steel 2 and it starts up and I can start the game but when the first cut scene comes it starts and lags and when some guy comes it says "The Disc could not be read". Does anybody know how to fix this?
Skip the cutscene?
I've tried every button, I can't skip it. Do you know how?
 
Wiiownzzz said:
tattar8 said:
Wiiownzzz said:
I just got finished burning Red Steel 2 and it starts up and I can start the game but when the first cut scene comes it starts and lags and when some guy comes it says "The Disc could not be read". Does anybody know how to fix this?
Skip the cutscene?
I've tried every button, I can't skip it. Do you know how?


Sounds like a bad burn. Burn another and try again.
 
Stop threadjacking? If this thread is already talking about Red Steel 2, why not. Why don't you leave.
 
Wiiownzzz said:
Stop threadjacking? If this thread is already talking about Red Steel 2, why not. Why don't you leave.


Because this thread is about Red Steel 2 disc updates.

Forum RulesStay on topic; posts that do not may be removed. If you wish to discuss a different subject take it to the proper thread.
Why don't you leave? The OP's second question hasn't been answered yet.
 
Well my questioned solved his as well because I re-burned it and everything works fine. No update needed.
 
eyeball226 said:
Because this thread is about Red Steel 2 disc updates.

Forum Rules said:
Stay on topic; posts that do not may be removed. If you wish to discuss a different subject take it to the proper thread.
Why don't you leave? The OP's second question hasn't been answered yet.

Don't take the rules to strictly
It was not completely OT, since it was about how to get Red Steel 2 working, which is also what the OP indirectly wants (to get it working).
wink.gif


Anyway, what second question?



Freudian Lemur said:
Does anyone know if the game contains any updates required to play it, or if there are any updated IOSs I should get?
No updates
I don't think it needs an IOS, but if you use backup launchers that doesn't matter anyway.

QUOTE(Freudian Lemur @ Mar 26 2010, 02:40 PM)
So the game will simply not run at all if I'm missing anything?
Yep (like the WiiMotion+)
 
Wiiownzzz said:
Well my questioned solved his as well because I re-burned it and everything works fine. No update needed.

No, yours didn't since he said he bought it so it's obviously a legit copy. His question was about IOSs that might be required. You didn't say anything about what state your Wii was in so the fact that it runs on yours doesn't mean anything.

tj_cool said:
Don't take the rules to strictly
It was not completely OT, since it was about how to get Red Steel 2 working, which is also what the OP indirectly wants (to get it working).
wink.gif


Anyway, what second question?



QUOTE(Freudian Lemur @ Mar 26 2010, 02:31 PM) Does anyone know if the game contains any updates required to play it, or if there are any updated IOSs I should get?
No updates
I don't think it needs an IOS, but if you use backup launchers that doesn't matter anyway.

He's talking about a legit game here. How is everyone missing this?
 
eyeball226 said:
He's talking about a legit game here. How is everyone missing this?
I didn't miss it.
Legit games can be played with backup launcher too you know
tongue.gif


If you run it through GeckoOs, it will even automatically install ALL needed IOSs
 

Site & Scene News