Red button Sky3DS EEPROM YES

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by RoDryBones, Mar 10, 2015.

1. RoDryBones
    OP

RoDryBones Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Is there a way to keep the save files from +10 EEPROM YES games? Because I play one of them and it's everything perfect, but I play other game and, I assume, it overwrites the other game (Majora's Mask and Luigi's Mansion).

2. RoDryBones
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Anything...?:mellow:

3. johnbus

johnbus GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2014
    United States
    In my experience, it works fine (on newer writers and templates).

Just remember that it dumps the EEPROM when you change games with the button or auto-scroll. Do NOT change MicroSDs without changing games first, and you should be fine.

4. RoDryBones
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    The problem is that whenever I change to Majora's Mask, the save is corrupted. I play enough to make a save file, reinsert to change game and when I come back the save is gone again if I play Luigi's Mansion, but the Luigi game keeps his save file and Zelda loses it. Even if I just cycle through the games and play Zelda again after saving, the data is corrupted.

5. Bu2d85

Bu2d85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Bu2d85 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2014
    United States
    You could patch all of the games after #10 to EEPROM NO. This method is outdated but may work for you.

6. RoDryBones
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Definitely not working.

The Sky3DS Tool messes up all of my roms and many of them crash at certain points of the game with the message "An error has ocurred"

7. RoDryBones
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I tried many roms and their save files are still erased when cycling games. Shouldn't the Sky3DS back up the saves on the uSD?