ROM Hack [Recruiting] Monster Hunter Stories Translation

SvennEthir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will need to be able to run NTR (New 3DS) or a modded cia/ROM (CFW/GW; any 3DS).
I don't want to derail the thread too far, but one last question. I have a New 3DS on Firmware 11.0.0.33U, with menuhax/homebrew launcher running. Can I use this current setup to run NTR or do I need to downgrade and run custom firmware? I've been trying to research it but getting lost trying to figure it all out. Any links or anything to point me in the right direction would be appreciated.

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a New 3DS on Firmware 11.0.0.33U, with menuhax/homebrew launcher running. Can I use this current setup to run NTR or do I need to downgrade and run custom firmware?
You need cfw to use NTR plugins. Being on 11.0 you will face some additional difficulties. Google for Plailect guide.

brennerei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
To clarify you don't NEED NTR, the ability to install cia's will be all really needed. We didn't test HANS tho, so it could theoretically be possible.
I'm guessing it's going to be somewhat similar to the MHX patch then? Patched update cias are really the only way for o3ds users as neither NTR nor HANS work with MHStories on an o3ds. HANS would be nice for people only with homebrew and NTR would be easier (maybe ?) for people with a n3ds, but I really don't know how much work it would be to get the patch running with all these different methods.
Really looking forward to this, so thanks for doing this! (: I played the demo and it looks like a really fun game.

Reactions: SvennEthir

SvennEthir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing it's going to be somewhat similar to the MHX patch then? Patched update cias are really the only way for o3ds users as neither NTR nor HANS work with MHStories on an o3ds. HANS would be nice for people only with homebrew and NTR would be easier (maybe ?) for people with a n3ds, but I really don't know how much work it would be to get the patch running with all these different methods.
Really looking forward to this, so thanks for doing this! (: I played the demo and it looks like a really fun game.
I'm still new to all the 3DS modding stuff, but that does sound like a pain. But toss me in as someone hoping for the ability to run via HANS on N3DS with only homebrew. :)

Just ordered my copy of MH Stories. Figured worst case if this doesn't work out I use my phone with google translate app for some basic translations.

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry i'm new, but is there any reason why we should be afraid of them? i thought having custom firmware means it's okay to use them :O
i would also like to know this. iv never had a problem with a cia before. also, i would try the demo, but i cant for the same reason i cant play the full game, i cant read japanese T_T

WillTheLion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think he is worried about isos since the psvita fiasco

I'm pretty sure he was joking about cias being like the CIA Central Intelligence Agency. Nothing to worry about here.

I'm curious what this psvita fiasco was though. Google gave me no answers. Could you private message me please with some details?

Edit:

sorry i'm new, but is there any reason why we should be afraid of them? i thought having custom firmware means it's okay to use them :O

Whoops the person trying to make a joke was me. Sorry guys didn't recognize my own post.

Sill curious about vita though.

Last edited by WillTheLion,
Reactions: x06xpower

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure he was joking about cias being like the CIA Central Intelligence Agency. Nothing to worry about here.

I'm curious what this psvita fiasco was though. Google gave me no answers. Could you private message me please with some details?

Edit:

Whoops the person trying to make a joke was me. Sorry guys didn't recognize my own post.

facepalm. im surprised i didnt notice that before.

Hasaosan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Edit:

No need for pm.. the ps vita fiasco was people where uploading fake iso files that had code hidden in them that would perma brick ur system... (it deleted the entire os)

Thats why it never pays to pirate xDDD

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just ordered my copy of MH Stories. Figured worst case if this doesn't work out I use my phone with google translate app for some basic translations.
Google translate helps a little. With some basic monster hunter japanese knowledge you can get through the game. If you get stuck in the snowy area after entering the hot springs: you need Lagombi and (i think) kutku in your team. The big yellow guy then teaches ... oh no spoilers, you will see. Then you get to the big city and unlock armor crafting. ☺

For installing cia's a cfw is needed.

@translation team: looking forward for a result of your great work!

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
Progress Report:
We're done with the majority and most critical UIs and Battle related dialogs.
We're currently working on Skill and Item descriptions (around 30-40% atm). And will then move on to tutorial texts and story dialog.
The plan is to have at least the tutorial + maybe the first chapter done before doing a preview release.

New Screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/OVXne

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto