Recording, Playback, Stereo Mix help

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by GreatZimkogway, Feb 18, 2010.

Feb 18, 2010
  1. GreatZimkogway
    OP

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    Alright, so I'm trying to get my computer to essentially be able to hear itself. I know I got this to work on Win7 RC1, and XP, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how I did it, or how to do it. I know I can get it almost all the way, but I can't figure out one part: How to get Stereo Mix to still work when headphones are plugged in. It works just fine with headphones NOT plugged in, but I cannot figure out how to get it to work.

So, can someone help me?

tl;dr version: I need help getting Stereo Mix to work with headphones plugged in.

2. asdf

Member asdf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You can't. IIRC, Stereo Mix records directly from the speakers. Since you're using headphones, it can't record anything.

3. GreatZimkogway
    OP

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    I'm guessing that's on Windows 7 only then. Cause I know for a fact that I did it on Win7RC1, and XP.

4. uiaad

Newcomer uiaad Member

United Kingdom
    Yeah i had this problem a few months ago now becuase that windows 7 more or less removes the stereo mixer on some soundcards im afraid your gonna be forced to use a 3rd party app.

The one i found was I Sound for windows 7 and it seemed to do the job just fine