Elfeckin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok so i just beat Suikoden Tierkries. Took me about 44 hours to beat. Loved the original for PSX as well..I really enjoyed the game lots as i am a big fan of turn based RPG's. I'm a huge FF fan so i've played all of those and beat them. So now i am looking for a new RPG to play. I like turn based best but do also enjoy FF tactics type of rpg's as well..i know i have little time before the new Ace Attorney game comes out and that will surely consume my life..but i always manage to get in my RPG time as well..so start tossing me some ideas and i shall go on a downloading spree...

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever played Megami Ibunroku(Shin Megami Tensei): Devil Survivor? And check out Nostalgia, Glory of Heracles, Sands of Destruction, and never forget The Legend of Zelda.

Happy gaming
smile.gif

Rekirts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soma Bringer (patched) and SMT: Devil Survivor are your best bets for RPGs. My favorites on the DS...

Oh, and TWEWY is a love or hate game. Check it out, see if you like or not. I wasn't a big fan...

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:
The World Ends with You
happy.gif
^ This. Definitely.

You can also check out Bleach 3rd Phantom (if you hate the anime then don't bother lol =P), Drone Tactics, Front Mission, Fire Emblem, Knights in the Knightmare, Valkyrie Profile; they all play out like FFT2 and I think they're some of the best non-dull tactical games.

For turn-based RPG's check out Magical Starsign, Luigi & Mario 2 and 3. All of the other great turn-based (imo) have already been mentioned.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shin Megami Tensai: Devil Survivor (one of the very few turn based games that is actually difficult)

The World Ends With You (Best DS game storywise and gameplay wise, I love its combat system)

Sands of Destruction (Cute story, a bit of a different twist on the usual turn based combat)

Disgaea (Grid turnbased combat, no clue what its called. Pretty funny game, fun to play too)

Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time or M and L: Bowsers inside story (both fun, and funny)

Knights in the nightmare (incredibly easy, kind of boring game. Worth a try though I suppose)

Soma Bringer (Fun game when you get its english patch. Has Diablo style combat)

Glory of Heracles (huge maybe here, it's pretty boring/has a bad storyline)

Can't really think of more turn based games, as I hate turn based combat (too easy). But uh, if I think of another fun game i'll pop back in and mention it.

Elfeckin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
me and the gf loved mario and luigis bowsers inside story...for some reason never played partners in time...grabbing that now...i played the world ends with you for a few hours...didn't really dig it all to much..

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Elfeckin said:
me and the gf loved mario and luigis bowsers inside story...for some reason never played partners in time...grabbing that now...i played the world ends with you for a few hours...didn't really dig it all to much..

Didn't...... Like..... The.... World.... Ends.... With..... You?!
INVERSE MATRIX!
Bitch be tripping balls!?
You be Trolling? lol

How could you not like it?! It has such a Indepth amazing storyline and the battle system is SEEEEEEEXY.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:
Elfeckin said:

Didn't...... Like..... The.... World.... Ends.... With..... You?!
INVERSE MATRIX!
Bitch be tripping balls!?
You be Trolling? lol

How could you not like it?! It has such a Indepth amazing storyline and the battle system is SEEEEEEEXY.

If by "SEEEEEEEXY" you mean overly cluttered and over mapped, then sure, it's SEEEEEEEXY. TWEWY is no where near as good as everyone says it is. People simply so "OMG SHIBUYA CULTURE" and instantly think it's great. It's not, people.

I'd recommend...

- GTA: Chinatown Wars (the best DS game. Period.)
- Glory of Heracles
- Pokemon HG/SS (use a translation patch)
- Pic Pic (only 8MB download and it's insanely fun, Picross-esque puzzler)
- Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
- Most anything on the Essentials list.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Sigh* Guild, YOu should know this better than most people right?
Each to there own. (I should really practice what i preach also >_>)
But i dont like it for culture, i hate culture >_> Im Racist.
I purely liked it for the Gameplay and storyline.
Once you get used to the maps, thats not a problem.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:

Well, you're an exception then. Although the storyline is basically nothing more than Shibuya culture wrapped in a Japanese tortilla. It was interesting and better than most JRPG storylines, but still, it was pretty obvious that it was sucker punching people who are obsessed with Japanese culture.

Mapping all of your character's battle commands to touch screen motions is a bad idea. Often times it'll get your moves mixed up. It worked, but that's at its best. It's far from a perfect system.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
outgum said:

Well, you're an exception then. Although the storyline is basically nothing more than Shibuya culture wrapped in a Japanese tortilla. It was interesting and better than most JRPG storylines, but still, it was pretty obvious that it was sucker punching people who are obsessed with Japanese culture.

Mapping all of your character's battle commands to touch screen motions is a bad idea. Often times it'll get your moves mixed up. It worked, but that's at its best. It's far from a perfect system.

You should probably play the game before saying something. I can tell you haven't because you don't have a clue what the story is. I HATE anime, and most things japanese and this game still blew me away with its awesomeness.

The battle system was perfectly fine if you aren't a complete moron. I'm sorry, but it's true. I never had clutter problems ever with my pins because of these simple reasons:
1: Ordering them properly (the pin closest to the left will be used first if it has the same/similar activation as another pin you are using)
2: Using the sub-pin system.
3: Not using freakin' pins that all have similar activations (there are -so- many pins to choose from, it's nearly impossible to actually NEED to rely on a bunch of similarly activated pins)

The battle system is unique, and quite amazing. I wish more games followed TWEWY's combat system. Having to focus on the bottom and top screen to optimize combat was also pretty ingenious.

Methinks you're one of those people that hates popular things, or hates something before you even try it. (and then formulate rants based on others opinions, which is a terrible idea because often times you end up looking stupid)

Before I played TWEWY I thought it looked a little off (graphically), wasn't too sure of the combat system, and was skeptical about the storyline.
After playing the game that all changed. The graphics are really nice and do a good job. The combat system is unique and works very well. The game is huge, there is a TON of things to do. The story is amazing and well thought out as well. Characters are also unique and interesting.
If someone has trouble 'getting into' the game, stick it out. I hear that sometimes with TWEWY, but once people get into the game they start really REALLY liking it.

Elfeckin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying devil survivor now. Graphically reminds me of twewy but it's pretty fun so far. I'll give some of the others a shot soon. Deffinetly going to play m&l partners in time with the gf. Still can't freaking wait for the new ace attorney game!!!!! So soon!!!!

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Elfeckin said:
I'm trying devil survivor now. Graphically reminds me of twewy but it's pretty fun so far. I'll give some of the others a shot soon. Deffinetly going to play m&l partners in time with the gf. Still can't freaking wait for the new ace attorney game!!!!! So soon!!!!

Yeah Devil Survivor is really fun. You just gotta learn to always stay on top of your demons. Fusing 'em for stronger ones and what not. It isn't bad at first, but after a while you start reeeally disliking yourself if you have crappy demons, lol.

QUOTE(Azlan Uchiha @ Feb 9 2010, 02:49 PM) Play Naruto Shippuden Ninja destiny 3
biggrin.gif
...use the patched game BTW..its in jp

You should be banned for trying to get someone to play a Naruto game.
*grinds teeth*
You sicken me.

Elfeckin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i am not down with naruto or any anime based games for that matter.. and Omocho thanks for the heads up, i shall keep that in mind as i play more of the game =^)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c