REcharging question

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by GDragon, Aug 4, 2008.

Aug 4, 2008

REcharging question by GDragon at 10:40 PM (772 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. GDragon
    OP

Member GDragon GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Is it risky to charge the psp and play at the same time?

2. alex

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Sometimes the cord is annoying, it looks like it's living off life support when I have in charging, a headset w/ mic, and connected to the PC for no reason. [​IMG]

Well, it probably doesn't, I mean if you were struck by lightning maybe? [​IMG]

3. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Not from what I've heard, unlike the DS (Which uses the battery whilst charging).

When the PSP is plugged in to the mains, that's what it runs from. External power. The battery isn't being used and cells can't be damaged as far as I know.

4. alex

United States
    Wait... Testing something... is it like my damn laptop...
    Yeah, I got mine running with the battery out. So it doesn't damage the battery.
    [​IMG]
    No battery!
    [​IMG]
    On, look at the light, I got a bad angle though. [​IMG] Of course it isn't charging, no battery, so the light is Green!
    Sony went in the right direction, the DS will die because of battery life. The PSP you'll probably need to buy every five years, and only $30, is you don't have that money by then. [​IMG]

5. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Except that the DS has better battery life to start with, and it doesn't exactly "kill" it quickly. I've played my DS whilst charging a few times, and I haven't really seen much difference in terms of battery life. I can play it for ages without it going red, the PSP only takes hours (5 or 6, I think) depending on what game I'm playing/what it's clocked at.

6. alex

United States
    Yeah, I always have my DS on lowest light setting. I like it like that unless I'm outside, then it's hard to see.