Hacking Recently got a brand new 2DS... Suggestions ?

Izual Urashima

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
As the thread is saying, I recently got a new 2DS who didn't had any contact with Internet (base version 7.2.0-17E), and due to the latest 3DS cracking news, I am completely confused about how can I crack mine.

Considering I have access to neither Cubic Ninja or 3DS linkers, are there any options available ? A step-by-step help is very welcomed, as well as the options available once the console is cracked.

Thanks in advance.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Depending on what you want you should either get a Gateway for the best of everything, or Cubic Ninja for some good stuff. Avoid Sky unless you accidentally update your system past 9.2.

Gateway card on a 2DS will let you play .3ds files from the card, .cia files that are installed on something called emuNAND, allow you to update your emuNAND to 9.8, play hacked games, extract and import saves, play region free, etc.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Depending on what you want you should either get a Gateway for the best of everything, or Cubic Ninja for some good stuff. Avoid Sky unless you accidentally update your system past 9.2.

Gateway card on a 2DS will let you play .3ds files from the card, .cia files that are installed on something called emuNAND, allow you to update your emuNAND to 9.8, play hacked games, extract and import saves, play region free, etc.
But how is he gonna launch GW mode without the web browser?
This is a dilemma that I haven't yet seen a solution to.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
According to this topic Cooking Mama: Bon Appétit EU comes with the 9.2 update, so OP should just be able to buy that game and update to 9.2 if necessary.

Edit: I know it isn't a no browser solution, but it's the best that seems to be around, so gotta make do with what's there.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
According to this topic Cooking Mama: Bon Appétit EU comes with the 9.2 update, so OP should just be able to buy that game and update to 9.2 if necessary.

Edit: I know it isn't a no browser solution, but it's the best that seems to be around, so gotta make do with what's there.
Carts don't include the browser though.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

doing this will not give you the browser
the best thing to do is to buy cn

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess I forget that Nintendo organizes their updates weirdly. I find it odd to begin with that they'd ship systems with firmware that doesn't include basic functions. The rationale behind it is easy enough to figure, but it still feels like an incomplete product out of the box.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why wouldn't he have a browser?

To my knowledge, the only device in the 3DS family that doesn't come with a browser is the Japanese 8.1 launch new3DS.

This isn't the first time I've seen you saying this shit, please stop spreading misinformation.

Being new to the scene confusing enough without people like you spreading bullshit.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Why wouldn't he have a browser?

To my knowledge, the only device in the 3DS family that doesn't come with a browser is the Japanese 8.1 launch new3DS.

This isn't the first time I've seen you saying this shit, please stop spreading misinformation.

Being new to the scene confusing enough without people like you spreading bullshit.
They do, the only exceptions are the non-XL O3DS and the 8.1 japaneses n3ds. Both my O3DS xl (4.2.0-9E) and my N3DS XL (9.0.0-20E) have it and I never updated them.
I know the n3DS includes it, but I was under the impression that the other models didn't, maybe that was only true for older versions. My mistake.

Izual Urashima

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't know if I should feel relieved to see I'm not the only one confused, or worried to see everyone confused. I can confirm I have the browser on it, though.

Also, I've seen some sources claiming I could bypass the use of both Cubic Ninja and a linker by using https://gbatemp.net/threads/rxtools-with-signatures-patched-out.390607/ instead of the game. Is this confirmed or do you still need an external tool ?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if I should feel relieved to see I'm not the only one confused, or worried to see everyone confused. I can confirm I have the browser on it, though.

Also, I've seen some sources claiming I could bypass the use of both Cubic Ninja and a linker by using https://gbatemp.net/threads/rxtools-with-signatures-patched-out.390607/ instead of the game. Is this confirmed or do you still need an external tool ?
You can do that. Use pasta/ninjhax/gateway to install bbm on rxtools and you can play all your backup games without a flashcart

Izual Urashima

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for the information. I'll probably re-read some threads in order to be sure what I'll have to do and in which order, but you gave me a way, and I'll try to do it correctly. Feel free to drop some additional input if needed.

And if I may suggest, people should write one or two step-by-step tutorials on what things you can do with brand new consoles, considering lots of them are still available on the market (my locals, for example, still have every 2DS, as well as the Smash Bros 3DS XL and the classic 3DS XL colors, and a general store near my home still has black basic 3DSes), and we can expect more and more people asking about that and being as confused as I was.

Keep up the good work, guys.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know the n3DS includes it, but I was under the impression that the other models didn't, maybe that was only true for older versions. My mistake.
Like I said, it wasn't the first time I'd seen you say that, so I wanted to set you straight. Sorry if I came off as a dick, I've been told the "tone" of my posts can be condescending at times.

While I was confident in my statement, I wanted to be 100% certain. So I pulled out all of my "new" 3DSes and checked them all (a 2DS and 3DS XL both on 6.1, along with a new3DS XL on 9.0), all three had fully functional web browsers.

Sorry again if I came off as an asshole.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: