Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We ordered some stuff from Dealextreme and it shipped airmail, even though we THOUGHT we selected EMS shipping.

I understand it will take 2-3 weeks to get here, but I'm curious. How will it be delivered? Will they knock on the door and have us sign for it or will it just be left at the door? If they knock on the door, do they leave a tag on the door saying they tried to deliver it if no one was home to receive it?

We live in a not so great neighborhood, which is why I'm asking.

I'd appreciate any info from anyone who ordered stuff airmail.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
We ordered some stuff from Dealextreme and it shipped airmail, even though we THOUGHT we selected EMS shipping.

I understand it will take 2-3 weeks to get here, but I'm curious. How will it be delivered? Will they knock on the door and have us sign for it or will it just be left at the door? If they knock on the door, do they leave a tag on the door saying they tried to deliver it if no one was home to receive it?

We live in a not so great neighborhood, which is why I'm asking.

I'd appreciate any info from anyone who ordered stuff airmail.

I'm in a somewhat similar situation, I put an order 27 days ago and I didn't get a tracking number in none of the two "Your order has been shipped" they've sent me, I send a question to customer service and this was the answer:

QUOTE said:
Hi xxxxx,

Your order was sent to you separately to you on 9/5 and 9/14 to the following address:

FIRST NAME: xxxx
LAST NAME: xxxxx
ADDRESS STREET: xxxxxxxxx
ADDRESS CITY: xxxxxxxxxxxx
ADDRESS STATE: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
ADDRESS ZIP: xxxxxxx
ADDRESS COUNTRY: xxxxxxx

The tracking number is given to the order values above $15, so there is no tracking number for your order, please understanding.

Thank you for your understanding.

Nina

I'll go tomorrow to the post office to see if my damn package is there already or something, if it's there I'll ask what the regular procedure is for those packages, and I'll let you know.

BTW: Dealextreme website
* Shipment method will show Air Mail even if your package is sent by EMS Express. EMS tracking numbers begin with the letter "E" while air mail tracking numbers begin with the letter "R". To track EMS packages, please visit the global EMS tracking site: http://www.ems.com.cn/english-main.jsp.

Rayder

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...even though Dealextreme said they shipped it a week ago, according to tracking, it said it left Hong Kong only 2 days ago.

We live in Ohio, USA.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Out of four Dealextreme orders, three I had to sign for. The post lady left a note on the door, I went to the post office, showed them my ID and signed their electronic screen. The last time the post lady just stuck the package in my mail box, no sig required.

Edit: And expect it to take every bit of 14 days from when dx said they shipped.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
it gets sent to your local post office who then send it by person to your house (like any other mail). In most of these cases I'm out so I don't know if someone else signs for it although when I do collect them I sign to acknowledge that the item's been recieved.

Rayder

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man! We're used to dealing with Newegg.com You get your stuff in less than a week from them....usually 3-5 days.

It's been one week and 1 day since we received the email saying that it was shipped. But like I said, according to tracking, it said it left Hong Kong only 2 days ago.

It's like $270 worth of stuff too. Nothing we ordered should have any issues with customs.

So, at the earliest, we should expect it next week?

EDIT: We got a tracking number, so we'll have to sign for it. This is a good thing.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well from where I am (UK) it usually takes just over a week, so maby it'll be up to double that for you. I wouldn't worry though, used them a couple of times and recieved all goods (and I only just ordered a pro duo stick and nokia battery from them yesterday
biggrin.gif
). Out of interest what did you get?

Rayder

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing that puzzles us is WHY did it get sent airmail....we selected EMS shipping and it told us 11 something dollars, but then when we got the order confirmation, it said airmail. What did we do wrong?

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
One thing that puzzles us is WHY did it get sent airmail....we selected EMS shipping and it told us 11 something dollars, but then when we got the order confirmation, it said airmail. What did we do wrong?

Go on, ignore lagman XD

BTW:
Dealextreme website said:
* Shipment method will show Air Mail even if your package is sent by EMS Express. EMS tracking numbers begin with the letter "E" while air mail tracking numbers begin with the letter "R". To track EMS packages, please visit the global EMS tracking site: http://www.ems.com.cn/english-main.jsp.

Rayder

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing that puzzles us is WHY did it get sent airmail....we selected EMS shipping and it told us 11 something dollars, but then when we got the order confirmation, it said airmail. What did we do wrong?

Go on, ignore lagman XD

BTW:
Dealextreme website said:

Our tracking number starts with an "R", so it definitely got shipped airmail, even though we said EMS. But I don't understand why the EMS setting didn't hold.

Rayder

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, the stuff showed today. Took less than 2 weeks. Yep, airmail.....had to sign for it.

But we got it, sooner than expected. Yay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o