ROM Hack Rebuild a ROM for Gateway from PC?

Elliander

OP
Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
I have an old backup which has the header for the original game (not a scene release) which I put on a new larger capacity microSD card. I don't quite remember if it worked on older versions of Gateway 3DS, and I can't find the original cart to try and make a fresh backup.

The problem is that in the latest Gateway 3DS it loads as a white box, which from what I read here is something that happens if the ROM needs to be rebuilt. I unfortunately cannot use Decrypt9 at this time to try going that route. HackingToolKit seems to have rebuilding option, but says "success" when it hasn't done anything and that's confusing me.

What I am wondering is if there are any PC utilities that can rebuild it in a way that would allow Gateway 3DS to recognize it. I can read in 3DSExplorer, but I think I was just using that to try to get saves off my official carts. I don't trim anything so I wouldn't need to bother with it's un-trim tool. Oh, and I made sure to use the Gateway ROM patcher already and changed from .3ds to .3dz

Alternatively, I'm curious as to why Gateway 3DS doesn't have a rom rebuilder of it's own or if there is a .CIA that can be used within a Gateway emuNAND which can do this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night