Hacking Rebooting from Atmosphère into Atmosphère is coming

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So simply restarting the switch will not work wit this?
Not sure. SciresM didn't exactly give very specific details on how to trigger this. The main utility is obviously a way to reboot Atmosphere without sending a payload but the only situations that would be useful in are if the console crashes or freezes while running Atmosphere. This isn't to boot Atmosphere after you turn the console off.

Reactions: Don Jon

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Who cares about TX stealing softwares really
If people want to pay for free homebrews, that's their problem
Anyway, it will be reaaaaally useful to me. I always play around my PC so it's not really hard for me to reboot, but this looks like it can make the process A LOT easier

crissal

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It really won't... This isn't coldboot... It's a reboot function that apparently only happens with a crash?
Well I think it's possible to crash switch on purpose, so it's like once you inject the payload, you will always be in cfw unless you shut off the console with hos or hekate

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people want TX to steal this? Its not even that useful in the first place. All it does is reboot Atmosphere if your console freezes/crashes and you don't feel like grabbing your payload injector.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SciresM mentioned on Twitter that it works with system wide crashes, not only HBL atmosphere crashes, what led me believe that you can reboot atmosphere anytime you want, just asumption on my part.

https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/1087714964452921345

Not sure what part "I'm right" though xD
Ah yeah it's really rare but I had one of those freezes a few days ago in Diablo III.
I was doing a portal when the game screen freezed.
No black screen, no error screen, just the game screen freezed. There was nothing I could do about it but to hold down POWER for 12 seconds.
Luckily enough my Diablo III savegame wasn't damaged.

Anyway: Rebooting into CFW from those error screens is just superb!

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I personally don't care and have no desire to switch (pun) from TX to Atmosphere, I think this is a feature TX simply will have to deliver one way or another to be able to call themselves "better" or "optimal" or whatever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1