Homebrew Really need some help guys..

Brian Parrish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I made a stupid mistake. I recently setup the new Gateway Ultra 3.0, setup the emunand, booted into the emunand (also checked system settings to make sure i was in it) and then proceeded to update to the latest firmware. It seems at some point I must have been booted back to the system nand and it's updated that to 9.4... So now I know I am screwed.
I did backup my nand using the gateway card before this happened. I've been trying to gather information about restoring the nand but it is all rather confusing. Do I need to convert this nand to be used as a real nand? Also I know that restoring the nand would require me to solder, which I aint that good at so could someone point me towards someone who downgrades 3ds xls in the uk? Thanks.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
what emunand?
was your console originally on 4.X?
if not, you do not have emunand... right? (i thought we couldn't use emunand from sysnand 9.X...?)

Brian Parrish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My firmware was originally 5.x. A few hours ago Gateway released an update that allowed it to be run on all firmwares up to 9.2. I backed up my band in Gateway and created the emunand which was fine until I updated. Maybe I'm wrong though. I'm new to all this.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
yes i understand, i'm using the new gw launcher myself :)
but i didn't think the new gw supported emunand on consoles above 4.x yet... if not, then there is your problem, you just updated your real console's nand because you don't have emunand.

-edit. good, it was just a rumor that emunand does not work with the beta launcher :)
so, yes, emunand should have been ok, if you really updated your sysnand you must have made a mistake somewhere... sorry :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: though if it s important to go online for a game I would much rather buy it